Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_EFwxJOPWzlER

Ranked Battles

31 comments in this topic

Players
1,054 posts
2,644 battles

The last season of ranked was the first I have ever dabbled with. Unfortunately I was on nights a lot then so couldn't play much. I will certainly be giving the next one a real good go.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,100 battles

whatever date they choose I wish they would make it standard ships only and no premium ships allowed

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
656 posts
7,246 battles

This is the statistic of the RANKED seasons so far:

season 6 ( 2017/02/11 - 2017/03/24 )
season 5 ( 2016/10/02 - 2016/11/14 )
season 4 ( 2016/06/10 - 2016/07/25 )
season 3 ( 2016/01/06 - 2016/02/17 )
season 2 ( 2015/11/20 - 2015/12/23 )
season 1 ( 2015/09/17 - 2015/10/29 )

Based on this I cannot really make any reasonable speculation.

Last year pattern was that there was a winter/springtime (S3) and then a summer one (S4) and then a winter one (S5)

There were 3 seasons in the year.

this year so far we had one - say winter season (S6)

most certainly there will be one at the last quarter of the year 

so the question is when will WG time the "middle" season?

Since there is a lot going on now in promo: Hood, Kaga, Bismarck campaign and the recent Clash of the Elements my guess is they will delay the next Ranked season to June most probably...

Ohh, and going by WG logic it most probably will be Tier 8 (although my silent hope that it will be Tier 8 and Tier 9 for the final 5 ranks. Tier 9 would be interesting to play in)

Edited by it3llig3nc3
  • Cool 2

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I can't see it being May.

WG are way too busy with that Bismarck Campaign and preparing to milk RN fanatics for Hood money.

Even as we speak they are thinking of the next Hood buff.

:teethhappy:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Last year pattern was that there was a winter/springtime (S3) and then a summer one (S4) and then a winter one (S5)

There were 3 seasons in the year.

this year so far we had one - say winter season (S6)

most certainly there will be one at the last quarter of the year 

so the question is when will WG time the "middle" season?

Since there is a lot going on now in promo: Hood, Kaga, Bismarck campaign and the recent Clash of the Elements my guess is they will delay the next Ranked season to June most probably...

Ohh, and going by WG logic it most probably will be Tier 8 (although my silent hope that it will be Tier 8 and Tier 9 for the final 5 ranks. Tier 9 would be interesting to play in)

Tier IX? really? you want to instantly fight the USS Blacks in a competitive inviroment? The rest will be swarmed with Missouris, Fletchers and Friedrichs.

No, Tier VI ist the place to be :)

Or they go Tier I for the totaly balanced option. ;P

I hope the next season is not far away as i miss it too. :/

My guess is mid june too as they are simply to busy right now.

Players
1,373 posts

WG are way too busy with that Bismarck Campaign and preparing to milk RN fanatics for Hood money.

Well, last season was more or less a marketing campaign for Belfasts, Scharnhorsts and for the so inclined Saipans. Enter Hood and Kaga... Variety is good... err... or sumthing...  

Beta Tester
656 posts
7,246 battles

Well... you may be right, but what if they come with the SuperBuffed Hood and make the next Ranked Season Tier VII again? Wicked WG :-D eh?

Tier IX? really? you want to instantly fight the USS Blacks in a competitive inviroment? The rest will be swarmed with Missouris, Fletchers and Friedrichs.

No, Tier VI ist the place to be :)

Or they go Tier I for the totaly balanced option. ;P

I hope the next season is not far away as i miss it too. :/

My guess is mid june too as they are simply to busy right now.

Yes I want to try the Tier IX. Black is there of course for the players who earned Rank 1 5 times. By the time I get to Rank 1 they will be gone for good enjoying their 6th (or 7th) win and won't disturb the scene :)

Missouri is practically the only publicly available Prem for the tier, but I do not think it can have such a huge edge.

I can see going with Tier VI from the community perspective but I do not see any motivation from WG's perspective to choose that over other options. However if you remember the last Ranked season's so called RANK1 reward battle tier it was Tier V... So Wicked WG may have been thinking about making a Tier V Ranked Season? :-D Who knows....

Well, last season was more or less a marketing campaign for Belfasts, Scharnhorsts and for the so inclined Saipans. Enter Hood and Kaga... Variety is good... err... or sumthing...  

Yes last ranked season was geared toward the prems, no doubt. And again the upcoming premiums are mostly will be launched in tier VII.

Wargaming admitted that the last Ranked season was the most successful in terms of participation and number of players reaching Rank 1

Since WG almost abandoned releasing premiums for Tier VIII I'm worried about their Wickedness to make another "Prem Showcase Tier 7 Ranked Season"

The only additional thinking I have if WG wants playerbase to work on the Bismarck campaign in RANKED. (BTW: what does the PTS says about battle types for the Bismarck campaign? Random only?)

Players
1,373 posts

I can see a place for light cruisers with smoke in that meta too, like Neptune and Tashkent. 

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

I can see a place for light cruisers with smoke in that meta too, like Neptune and Tashkent. 

well Tashkent sure is big but it ain't a cruiser. :trollface:

And no, with missouri and USS Black (and all the other silverships with radar) in play i don't really see that.

Last Rankend Season with Tier VII was so smoke heavy because there were "only" premium ships with radar and not accessable to everyone.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,591 posts
41,904 battles

I would like to have T5 or T6, no radars etc......

Or T2!! Where I would bring my 19 pt captained Chikuma of course :P

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
656 posts
7,246 battles

I would like to have T5 or T6, no radars etc......

Or T2!! Where I would bring my 19 pt captained Chikuma of course :P

Tier 2 is Tachibana for me :) Of course with 19 skillpoint captain.
  • Cool 1

Players
2,385 posts
15,552 battles

the leaks from NA official website said: may

Don't believe it. Fake news. Very fake. Big time...  :hiding:

Players
4,495 posts
7,604 battles

The pattern looks pretty clear to me, season 1-3 occurred 2 months apart but WG seem to have decided that's too frequent so had a 5 month gap to season 4 followed by 4 month gaps afterwards so I'd guess that early June is likely, perhaps the weekend of 3/4 June.

Players
3,037 posts
31,525 battles

T-VIII would be to BB heavy am I afraid

T-VI will be better

But I think T-VII will be the best choice

Players
2,920 posts
16,661 battles

T-VIII would be to BB heavy am I afraid

T-VI will be better

But I think T-VII will be the best choice

T VI would be fun for a change.

T VII is World of Premiums and we already had that last time - doubt they will repeat TVII

T VIII would be interesting and make WG orgasm from selling newer premiums - Alabamas and the upcoming USS Kidd fletcher class T8 dd. 

Doubt T8 will be too BB heavy - Bismarck hydro was nerfed afterall and IFHE introduced. So most likely it will smoke meta with lots of Alabamas and Kutuzovs and Kidds but not so much in the way of Radar. And that calls for torpedo boats. 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,591 posts
41,904 battles

T VII is World of Premiums and we already had that last time - doubt they will repeat TVII

T VIII would be interesting and make WG orgasm from selling newer premiums - Alabamas and the upcoming USS Kidd fletcher class T8 dd. 

Doubt T8 will be too BB heavy - Bismarck hydro was nerfed afterall and IFHE introduced. So most likely it will smoke meta with lots of Alabamas and Kutuzovs and Kidds but not so much in the way of Radar. And that calls for torpedo boats. 

Chapayev has good radar, and you have the buffed New Orleans and even the odd Edinburgh that can bring radar to table, it may be different Tiers also, I like that so it varies more during the progress.

But ranked has never had any appeal to me will play a small number of games to get the rewards to some point midway.

Edited by Gnirf

Players
3,037 posts
31,525 battles

T-VI would be fun agreed...

Most nations available in this Tier

Edited by hgbn_dk

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I'd actually be pretty appalled if it was T7 again as it would be too blatant a money grab.

If it was T7 however I'd go Sims again and attempt to enter God Tier DD status :happy_fish:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
656 posts
7,246 battles

You made an excellent good point. I completely forgot about the Tier VIII premium releases recently (Alabame) and the upcoming US DD...! You may have a point of having WG choosing Tier 8 this time again...

Make it a mikasa only season, how dose that sound. :D

While I guess you made this comment as a joke, it strike me as an idea of having to play RANKED battle concept with fixed ships only. :) that would be interesting and MM would no longer be an issue. Imagine a Benson only RANKED season.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,722 posts
12,001 battles

I actually like t7 - the problem there is Radar only available on Premiums (not a good thing in semi-competitive mode) and the fact that it doesn't get team-balanced. But even if just Belfasts died it would become a great Ranked tier.

Doubt they are going to repeat themselves in two consecutive seasons, though, so the most likely is t8.

I kinda miss the mixed-tier Rankeds, though - especially with DDs the tier scaling can be a bit strange with lower tiers sometimes being more competitive for one reason or another.

Sign in to follow this