Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rage_Unchained

Chat bans balancing

22 comments in this topic

Players
132 posts
18,310 battles

Hi! 

So. As the title says, chat ban balancing:

I have a lot of patience, and I annoy people by keeping my head cool where they would explode. But then, you meet players in the games - and we all know what kind of players - that bring the word idiot, degenerate, lemming or dumbass to a whole new level. 

For example, a player with over 4,000 battles and WR of 46%. That's just...Ok, never mind. So I am in a battle with him, he's on my team, unfortunately, and he's in a Grosse Kurfurst. The whole team is getting shredded, me(in Kutuzov) and fletcher actually kept swapping smoke, and with help of North Carolina, manage to down Bismarck, Montana, one DD, Hipper and something else. But, something is going wrong, and team is dying. Fletcher gets nuked while we were shifting, NC rams me, I eat a torp, things going south, but we manage somehow. I turn around...Grosse Kurfurst at 65,000 hp. we are 4-5 alive, enemy has 7-8 ships. 
Spoiler

I have a chatban, btw, and this is why the situation is being described. I am pinging the GK, which is btw hiding behind an island in such a way that he cannot shoot ANYTHING, literally. I have to resort to pings (SOS, SUPPORT ME and position pings at him). After few pings he says "what?!?!". 

I am now tilted, because we were doing so well on this flank, and NC manages to down the Montana somehow, surviving with 5-10k hp. GK still not budging. Sitting still. I keep pinging, because I can't tell him "move out of cover you animal, and help us to fight, you got near full hp". As I ping, he says "what you want, I am ALMOST DEAD". I died inside...65000 hp kurfurst = almost dead, after 12-15 minutes...

So I decide to draw enemies to his position, keep shooting and just wiggling but you can only wiggle so much when there is 5-6 ships dumping everything on you (Missouri, Gearing, Kutuzov, Tashkent and some other stuff). I am down to 2k HP, and they get so near that this creature finally moves. I am dead, he loses 65,000 hp in about 30s...
Game over, I am in port - "you were reported"...eh?

When you complain to support that you are being unfairly targeted by reports, especially by divisions, and you get chat bans every few days, you just get the usual generic answer "working as intended".
The reason I had chat ban, was that I was in a battle with a division of 3 shima's that were smoking each other up, and dropping 12 and 20km torps and just gunning the entire game - FROM BEHIND BB's on one of those new maps (with funky islands). Entire team is tilting, and in the middle of battle - because I said stop camping, you got best concealment in team, spot you botting creatures" I get the chatban DURING the battle.

Entire team was reporting them, flaming and everything you can imagine. So these scumbags, as defensive mechanism, spam report people that criticize them - and I know I can be toxic or sarcastic at times - but the most hurtful bans are when you get banned after pointing out errors or asking the team mate to do something or to stop griefing or whatever.

Anyways, back to topic. Due to chat ban, I was unable to warn, ask, encourage, poke or simply BEG a team mate to help and stop doing nothing at all. 
The current report mechanic is such that not only it only requires just few bad battles or one-or-two edgy divisions or report-trigger-happy scum to do their thing, and your chat option is gone. 
Keeping quiet is not an option, even the really good players need others to contribute AT LEAST SOMETHING, and I've seen Flamu, Notser kinda tilt and literally beg for help in their streams/videos.

The worst bit is, the chat ban is also carried over into your CLAN CHAT, friendlist chats, your channels. I mean, what is the logic of this? Punishment? What kind of goal does this kind of punishment have? To teach you that you will be spanked and denied social interaction even with people that are your friends (ok, we mostly communicate over discord/TS, because WG has proven time and time again how shitey their voice options are).

I play League of Legends, EVE Online, WoT, used to play even WoW (shortly ghhhhhttt wtf game) and a bunch of other MMORPG's. In a vast majority of them, chat bans are issued as well, but in a PROPERLY balanced manner. Where a moderator actually goes in and reviews the reports (EVE is really spectacular on this part). I've had support staff contact me in LoL reverting to me about the reports I've made and while not saying whether or not penalties were issued, because they can't, but you KNEW there is actually some sort of review. Same is for the post match reports that you make, in LOL for example, sometimes after a few hours or days, you will get a notification that your report was reviewed, and that penalty was issued to the player. NOT THE CLICK MANY TIMES, BYE BYE ENJOY THE BAN SYSTEM.
And I can be really toxic in LOL - but I have never been chat banned or even warned about behavior! Because they step in, review the reports, and simply decide - yea well, it was mutual, or in response to heavy provocation, and they let it slide. But not WG. They made the same craplike their matchmaking - automated piece of crap that hits you indiscriminately.

Wargaming - You are driving people into corner, denying proper interaction by your lack of care or effort to make a functioning system that solves the issues with the teams and reporting balance and fairness.
There is already a mute and a blacklist option. This should be enough for any player to cope with a toxic individual that is bothering them and being out of line and excessively rude and what not. If such player is toxic to such level, the whole team will most likely report him. This is where you should make the difference. But I can guess that you are not interested in this. To actually have your very lazy and underskilled and arrogant support employees do something instead of copy/paste generic answers would be too difficult. And all you get is negativity. And it will continue. Just watch your WoT posts on Facebook, and how many emoticon reactions you get on the like button - I am yet to see a post without at least a bunch of angry face emoticons as reactions to your topics.

1) It is unfair to block the private chat option between you and your friends/clanmates when you are banned

2) It is unfair that you can get spammed to ban

3) It is unfair that you automate something that is so heavily affected by human factor

4) It is bad publicity for you to show such indifference and lack of care.

5) Your support is a disgrace.

My chatban just ended. There is a hipper in my team, constantly hiding behind battleships, snipes and does absolutely nothing.
In german, he's barking something about crapteams that don't push, and that are crapplayers and how he has to lose because of them. My chat ban just ends, and I tell him to stop spamming and being a retard animal, and to actually use hydro and spot dd's or at least their torps (because I used 3 radars on Missouri already, and dodged 6-7 shima salvoes, and some others weren't as lucky). 

I am out of reports for today, btw, and I could not report him for either "plays poorly" or "misbehavior in chat" or "bot" WHEN HE DROPPED 6 TORPS ON ME (I dodged 3 of them, 3 I couldn't as it was less than 1-2km between us). 

Where is the penalty or report balance for such kretinous creature, I ask you, WG?!?!?! What's the purpose of the report limit being at 7? I played a division with a friend which is unicum and an exceptionally good player when it comes to map awareness, and I saw him getting chat banned or mass reported by teammates when he pings people that are litterally stuck on map edge with full hp while we are losing battles on cap points in domination mode. We were unable to report such players, for whatever category they are under. What is the point of your ban system WG? What?
To add griefing tool to already terrible trolling players like the Hipper one I just mentioned? Wasn't it meant to improve the game?

• Cool 4

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles

I never had a chatban at all .. if you get chatbans every few days you must be raging like Daffy Duck. I also dont like those kind of hiding players but I don't insult them. 

Players
381 posts

For example, a player with over 4,000 battles and WR of 46%. That's just...Ok, never mind. So I am in a battle with him, he's on my team

And this is reason my stats are hidden ( well that and screwing up XVM if it ever comes) . People  like this who immeditaly jump out of the game and check up on people. I had a guy the other day slagging me off ( note a dead guy on our side who died first even though he was in a  divison with 2 of his clan mates). I died due to spending more time annoying him in chat ( well we were screwed as a team anyway by this point). He seemed most upset that I had my stats hidden. As I tried to explain to him my stats are none of his f'ing business .

So maybe if the OP just played the game and didn't worry about other people stats then you wouldn't get so pissed off. I don't check my stats as to me they don't matter.  But I do know I am distinctly average ( the last time I checked which was about 3 months ago)

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles

I never had a chatban at all .. if you get chatbans every few days you must be raging like Daffy Duck. I also dont like those kind of hiding players but I don't insult them. 

You are doing something wrong then:hmm:

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles

Hi! 

So. As the title says, chat ban balancing:

I have a lot of patience, and I annoy people by keeping my head cool where they would explode. But then, you meet players in the games - and we all know what kind of players - that bring the word idiot, degenerate, lemming or dumbass to a whole new level. 

For example, a player with over 4,000 battles and WR of 46%. That's just...Ok, never mind. So I am in a battle with him, he's on my team, unfortunately, and he's in a Grosse Kurfurst. The whole team is getting shredded, me(in Kutuzov) and fletcher actually kept swapping smoke, and with help of North Carolina, manage to down Bismarck, Montana, one DD, Hipper and something else. But, something is going wrong, and team is dying. Fletcher gets nuked while we were shifting, NC rams me, I eat a torp, things going south, but we manage somehow. I turn around...Grosse Kurfurst at 65,000 hp. we are 4-5 alive, enemy has 7-8 ships. 

Spoiler

I have a chatban, btw, and this is why the situation is being described. I am pinging the GK, which is btw hiding behind an island in such a way that he cannot shoot ANYTHING, literally. I have to resort to pings (SOS, SUPPORT ME and position pings at him). After few pings he says "what?!?!". 

I am now tilted, because we were doing so well on this flank, and NC manages to down the Montana somehow, surviving with 5-10k hp. GK still not budging. Sitting still. I keep pinging, because I can't tell him "move out of cover you animal, and help us to fight, you got near full hp". As I ping, he says "what you want, I am ALMOST DEAD". I died inside...65000 hp kurfurst = almost dead, after 12-15 minutes...

So I decide to draw enemies to his position, keep shooting and just wiggling but you can only wiggle so much when there is 5-6 ships dumping everything on you (Missouri, Gearing, Kutuzov, Tashkent and some other stuff). I am down to 2k HP, and they get so near that this creature finally moves. I am dead, he loses 65,000 hp in about 30s...

Game over, I am in port - "you were reported"...eh?

When you complain to support that you are being unfairly targeted by reports, especially by divisions, and you get chat bans every few days, you just get the usual generic answer "working as intended".

The reason I had chat ban, was that I was in a battle with a division of 3 shima's that were smoking each other up, and dropping 12 and 20km torps and just gunning the entire game - FROM BEHIND BB's on one of those new maps (with funky islands). Entire team is tilting, and in the middle of battle - because I said stop camping, you got best concealment in team, spot you botting creatures" I get the chatban DURING the battle.

Entire team was reporting them, flaming and everything you can imagine. So these scumbags, as defensive mechanism, spam report people that criticize them - and I know I can be toxic or sarcastic at times - but the most hurtful bans are when you get banned after pointing out errors or asking the team mate to do something or to stop griefing or whatever.

Anyways, back to topic. Due to chat ban, I was unable to warn, ask, encourage, poke or simply BEG a team mate to help and stop doing nothing at all. 

The current report mechanic is such that not only it only requires just few bad battles or one-or-two edgy divisions or report-trigger-happy scum to do their thing, and your chat option is gone. 

Keeping quiet is not an option, even the really good players need others to contribute AT LEAST SOMETHING, and I've seen Flamu, Notser kinda tilt and literally beg for help in their streams/videos.

The worst bit is, the chat ban is also carried over into your CLAN CHAT, friendlist chats, your channels. I mean, what is the logic of this? Punishment? What kind of goal does this kind of punishment have? To teach you that you will be spanked and denied social interaction even with people that are your friends (ok, we mostly communicate over discord/TS, because WG has proven time and time again how shitey their voice options are).

I play League of Legends, EVE Online, WoT, used to play even WoW (shortly ghhhhhttt wtf game) and a bunch of other MMORPG's. In a vast majority of them, chat bans are issued as well, but in a PROPERLY balanced manner. Where a moderator actually goes in and reviews the reports (EVE is really spectacular on this part). I've had support staff contact me in LoL reverting to me about the reports I've made and while not saying whether or not penalties were issued, because they can't, but you KNEW there is actually some sort of review. Same is for the post match reports that you make, in LOL for example, sometimes after a few hours or days, you will get a notification that your report was reviewed, and that penalty was issued to the player. NOT THE CLICK MANY TIMES, BYE BYE ENJOY THE BAN SYSTEM.

And I can be really toxic in LOL - but I have never been chat banned or even warned about behavior! Because they step in, review the reports, and simply decide - yea well, it was mutual, or in response to heavy provocation, and they let it slide. But not WG. They made the same craplike their matchmaking - automated piece of crap that hits you indiscriminately.

Wargaming - You are driving people into corner, denying proper interaction by your lack of care or effort to make a functioning system that solves the issues with the teams and reporting balance and fairness.

There is already a mute and a blacklist option. This should be enough for any player to cope with a toxic individual that is bothering them and being out of line and excessively rude and what not. If such player is toxic to such level, the whole team will most likely report him. This is where you should make the difference. But I can guess that you are not interested in this. To actually have your very lazy and underskilled and arrogant support employees do something instead of copy/paste generic answers would be too difficult. And all you get is negativity. And it will continue. Just watch your WoT posts on Facebook, and how many emoticon reactions you get on the like button - I am yet to see a post without at least a bunch of angry face emoticons as reactions to your topics.

1) It is unfair to block the private chat option between you and your friends/clanmates when you are banned

2) It is unfair that you can get spammed to ban

3) It is unfair that you automate something that is so heavily affected by human factor

4) It is bad publicity for you to show such indifference and lack of care.

5) Your support is a disgrace.

I wouldn't have settled with a chatban, I would have gone for pink.:trollface:

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

Never had a chatban, however, I'm mostly running on chat hide mod. No name calling, no reports taken (except for the occasional big karma chunk going away for outplaying a poor sportsman). As for the tactical utility of chat, well, I can live without it. If my team wants so hard to lose credits, they can do as they please, for I'm usually able to deal enough damage to break even, and I'm done trying to educate the hopeless.

Players
132 posts
18,310 battles

And this is reason my stats are hidden ( well that and screwing up XVM if it ever comes) . People  like this who immeditaly jump out of the game and check up on people. I had a guy the other day slagging me off ( note a dead guy on our side who died first even though he was in a  divison with 2 of his clan mates). I died due to spending more time annoying him in chat ( well we were screwed as a team anyway by this point). He seemed most upset that I had my stats hidden. As I tried to explain to him my stats are none of his f'ing business .

So maybe if the OP just played the game and didn't worry about other people stats then you wouldn't get so pissed off. I don't check my stats as to me they don't matter.  But I do know I am distinctly average ( the last time I checked which was about 3 months ago)

I actually took the screenshot of his stats after I started posting. I don't care about stats of other players until they push that special button. Then I just need to make sure. If it's someone with at least normal stats, I give him a benefit of a doubt, hey, we all have bad games from time to time. If it's an amoeba with 45% or so WR, well then, it's time for opening the can of verbal toxic waste. And if it's a game where I got raged on by a guy with 55+ wr%, I actually watch the replay sometimes.

Why block your stats? 2 reasons I can come up with - one is that you are so bad that you don't want to give additional ammunition to your critics post-battle(because by now you are used to them checking your stats) or the second one - that you are a really good player with impressive stats and don't want to make other people feel bad when they see them (yeah right :teethhappy:)

So, I don't check anyone's stats before or during battle, I try to enjoy the game as far as my teammates and RNG will let me. IDGAF about stats, but about people which behave exactly the way their stats also turn out to be.

I wouldn't have settled with a chatban, I would have gone for pink.:trollface:

LoL, it's hard to resist the temptation sometimes. I was in battle today, tier 9 (again Missouri - I swear that ship is a crapmagnet), Twins or what's it called where there is a pass between islands in the center of map. At start of battle, our Yugumo goes into that pass and spends ENTIRE 15 minutes inside. Enemy has taken D and then went into our C (the northern starting one), and this Yugumo is still in the pass. I am on the other side, pushing 3 enemy dd's with the atago constantly laying final blows on the ships I am dunking and radaring (mind you, he doesn't use hydro to help me spot torps, just sits behind me or near me and tries to take kills).

We're losing badly, but our flank won (4 of us won against 6 on this side, 7 of our guys on other side lost to 6 of them, and yugumo is still being a turd), and we're now capping their starting cap (B?) the southern one anyway, 

when I see enemy fletcher is wrecking yugumo inside the pass, and yugumo is now running out to join us. he has 2k hp, and I see him set up to torp a Scharn that I was already killing slowly, he is going real close to me, and I say ok, I've had enough of you. Didn't drop smoke for me, or anyone, just wanted to torp a dying scharn. boom, i am pink. Never felt better. Atago in the meantime, is getting chewed up by kutuzov and neptune, I kill kutuzov, but Atago dies to kutuzov fire I think... and now he gives his tirade about how I am playing an OP ship with favorable RNG (wut?!?!) and how I am craphuman being and so on and so on...+ I got a top tier so I am a noob or something...Ummm, you spent entire battle behind me, didn't spot one torp or DD for me, yugumo didn't help anyone, even after he was asked several times to help with caps or to smoke the other side or something.

I check Atago's stats, and I cringe. 

BTW, love the sig. Ceterum censeo Carthago delenda est! Cato, the bastard. I wish Hannibal(Carthage) won the war tho. My favorite general/leader/historical figure.

Edited by Chicha_Drazza

Players
1,418 posts
10,958 battles

Oh, another good thread about "quality" of the ban system! I hope our forum support will not "close it as non-constructive" (yeah right, we all know this is just venting :sceptic:) and merge instead. 

This is quite important issue.  As time passes, clueless potatos in PvP mode are becoming the biggest problem of this game,

and current idiocratic banning system is trying to cure the situation with a flame thrower and a hammer. :child::nerv_fish::child:     :coin:

... and of course the other thread just got closed, not merged. Why people bother writing on this forum? :hiding:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Why block your stats? 2 reasons I can come up with - one is that you are so bad that you don't want to give additional ammunition to your critics post-battle(because by now you are used to them checking your stats) or the second one - that you are a really good player with impressive stats and don't want to make other people feel bad when they see them (yeah right :teethhappy:)

So, I don't check anyone's stats before or during battle, I try to enjoy the game as far as my teammates and RNG will let me. IDGAF about stats, but about people which behave exactly the way their stats also turn out to be.

Reasons?

- to not give any website any information it can use to establish a profile of some sort (i.e. in a way controling who knows what about you)

- to mislead players who use certain mods to determine the opponent's strength ("Is this top tier BB just some 45% WR player who is hiding his stats or is he actually a threat?")

- because you actually have a player group which doesn't care about your stats or how they evolve over time as long as you do your best in the game and you are a compatable member. No one likes to constantly look at other people's pee-pee, even if it is a digital one.

- to counteract the "but your profile says" "argument" which in most cases ends in an ad hominum anyway

I honestly don't care sharing my stats with other people as long as I have as much control over it as I can and if it benefits the case or discussion. But until now I saw little reason to do so.

@Topic: I never had any chat bans as far as I can remember. Yes, sometimes I mark targets, tell other players why I find their ... strategy to be questionable or I can be a troll or a rampaging d*ck in the chat if I want to but usually I try to keep it civil.

Not that it really matters to me because I can communicate with the only really reliable people in the game/battle via TS3 anyway. But I can see why it is troublesome for prople who don't have this possibilities.

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles

I still say that a system would be favorable where

- if someone gets reported (or if this results in a non-manageable quantities of reported matches, then if someone gets reported by at least two players), then players (having some kind of "good karma", but not necessarily according to the current system)  who did not participate in that match, are able to download and analyze the match replay in-client without nicknames.

- The player is able to issue small-scale punishments (24h chatban, -100k credits, or issuing a special state like the current "pink nick" state, or whatever), and with each solved case, the player gets some small amount of rewards which gives incentive to work, but does not screw up the economy (say, 3-5 flags, achievement, or 30k credits etc.)

- Fine-tuning can be achieved by sending the same replay to multiple (2-3-4) players, and issuing punishments automatically if there is a consistent judgement ("3 out of 4 players said the guy is guilty").

- The judges are free to handle the match, so if there is a report-division, they might get punished instead, or both of the participants.

- Punishment is not the only tool. If someone in T3 gets spammed with "plays poorly", the judge can help with direct comments or even YT-links - no actual nicknames involved still.

It's far from perfect (there needs to be something that filters out the malicious judges, and of course, a clear written guideline for most cases), sure, but I feel like if the playerbase gets the workload, it might be manageable.

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

It's far from perfect (there needs to be something that filters out the malicious judges, and of course, a clear written guideline for most cases), sure, but I feel like if the playerbase gets the workload, it might be manageable.

That's the problem.

It would be functional and get worst game experience spoilers punished fast.

I mean like some AFK/failbot Gnevny player with 1,2k average damage in 19 matches, which is less than one good gun salvo.

With highest 7k damage also being achievable by handfull of salvos from smoke cover. (or even in one salvo)

Players
1,418 posts
10,958 battles

Reasons?

- to not give any website any information it can use to establish a profile of some sort (i.e. in a way controling who knows what about you)

- to mislead players who use certain mods to determine the opponent's strength ("Is this top tier BB just some 45% WR player who is hiding his stats or is he actually a threat?")

- because you actually have a player group which doesn't care about your stats or how they evolve over time as long as you do your best in the game and you are a compatable member. No one likes to constantly look at other people's pee-pee, even if it is a digital one.

- to counteract the "but your profile says" "argument" which in most cases ends in an ad hominum anyway

I honestly don't care sharing my stats with other people as long as I have as much control over it as I can and if it benefits the case or discussion. But until now I saw little reason to do so.

@Topic: I never had any chat bans as far as I can remember. Yes, sometimes I mark targets, tell other players why I find their ... strategy to be questionable or I can be a troll or a rampaging d*ck in the chat if I want to but usually I try to keep it civil.

Not that it really matters to me because I can communicate with the only really reliable people in the game/battle via TS3 anyway. But I can see why it is troublesome for prople who don't have this possibilities.

Come on. What "profile of some sort"? That you prefer pixel battleships or cruisers and not pixel aircraft carriers? :trollface:

Why do you want to "mislead players who use certain mods to determine strength"? They just wanna know who can trust and who is too weak to be safe to rely on his actions. If you're trying to prevent "XVM flaming", this is a function of game chat banning system which should filter-out & punish those who bully other players only because they have lower stats.

What has having a "group which doesn't care about stats" to hiding your stats for everybody? Weird logic. :P

Why do you think that "your profile says" argument is intrinsically invalid? "Ad hominem" is completely different thing, and again this is a task for chat moderation, with nothing to do with hiding the stats.

What "control" do you need over sharing your stats? What is so secret there? :B

Usually you would like to know who are you talking to - as there are too many potatos who don't have bloody clue about the game, yet they are very authoritative and vocal. That's why the stats should be obligatory open. "XVM bullying" cases should be solved in chat moderation.

Most of the time when I see that "the guy is not proud of his stats" if I still dig in his older records (for example in warships.today) it can be clearly seen that he really just had nothing to be proud of. :child:

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Come on. What "profile of some sort"? That you prefer pixel battleships or cruisers and not pixel aircraft carriers? :trollface:

Yeah, something like this. :P

Why do you want to "mislead players who use certain mods to determine strength"? They just wanna know who can trust and who is too weak to be safe to rely on his actions. If you're trying to prevent "XVM flaming", this is a function of game chat banning system which should filter-out & punish those who bully other players only because they have lower stats.

I don't have to be scared of XVM flaming. Usually the ones who do it have nothing to brag about themselves. While I agree that some will determine who to trust on their XVM, I prefer to mislead the enemy since I usually have division mates who know they can rely on me and vice versa.

What has having a "group which doesn't care about stats" to hiding your stats for everybody? Weird logic. :P

I agree, not really a reason to hide them but rather something to show that I don't have any negative consequences coming from this side when doing so.

Why do you think that "your profile says" argument is intrinsically invalid? "Ad hominem" is completely different thing, and again this is a task for chat moderation, with nothing to do with hiding the stats.

I didn't say it is intrinsically invalid but that it - in my experience - in most cases leads to ad hominum attacks. In my opinion a public profile favours such behaviour because people can access it and inevitable will find something that they think invalidates arguments. If someone just doubts my personal experience (or "competence" if you want to call it so) they can still ask for a link and as I said: If I find it to benefit the discussion, I'll share it.

What "control" do you need over sharing your stats? What is so secret there? :B

If I'd tell you, I'd have to kill you. :B

Usually you would like to know who are you talking to - as there are too many potatos who don't have bloody clue about the game, yet they are very authoritative and vocal. That's why the stats should be obligatory open. "XVM bullying" cases should just be solved in chat moderation.

Most potatoes can be detected just by what they write and how they write it. So in most cases I don't need to look up someone's stats to determine whether to take him seriously or not. And for the rest I can still do it or I just ask if I really want to know.

Usually when I see that "the guy is not proud of his stats" if I still dig in his older records (for example in warships.today) it can be clearly seen that he really just had nothing to be proud of. :child:

Players
381 posts

As I said mate I'm distinctly average. But i don't care about my stats so why do you care if someone plays as bad as their stats say or not. I have had some awesome games ( which would be way over the state of my stats) and also some absolute stinkers of games where I die first with doing anything in the battle ( which is way below my stats ) . But if someone pisses me off I may say something in chat. But then I fire up another  battle and forget them Maybe you should learn to do this as well.

XVM was one of the worst things to appear in WOT. It was a like a cancer spreading through the game. So if people like me hiding stats means its less usefull in this game then good.

Players
1,418 posts
10,958 battles

XVM was one of the worst things to appear in WOT. It was a like a cancer spreading through the game. So if people like me hiding stats means its less usefull in this game then good.

XVM flaming is a problem for chat moderation, it has nothing to do with leaving an option for players to hide their stats. The solution is punishing & making impossible to flame, not punishing & making impossible to check someone's game profile. 

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Well, one could argue that flaming in the chat about "tomatoes" etc. is just the peak of the whole problem. Back when I played WoT some players actually didn't insult certain other players for their stats but went one step further and deemed the battle to be not worth playing because "idiot team" (either because of XVM or because of the display of the win chance), hence they either suicided or quit the game right at the beginning. Or they started into the battle with a negative attitude that they had no other choice than losing - be it the battle or their personal fun. So XVM provides problems not only for chat moderations but also for the actual gameplay.

Anyway, one could argue about this all day. IMO there are a lot of good reasons to hide ones stats, others might see it differently.

Players
132 posts
18,310 battles

As I said mate I'm distinctly average. But i don't care about my stats so why do you care if someone plays as bad as their stats say or not. I have had some awesome games ( which would be way over the state of my stats) and also some absolute stinkers of games where I die first with doing anything in the battle ( which is way below my stats ) . But if someone pisses me off I may say something in chat. But then I fire up another  battle and forget them Maybe you should learn to do this as well.

You ignore and let it go for a while. Then you notice this happens every single game, or almost every game. 

Hiding your stats doesn't do anything, except deny me objective opinion. IF I notice you're actually average or good player, then I can assume you were just having a bad time. But in most cases, it's the trash, and there's no other words for them, that make you want to check their stats after the fits and tantrums they threw in the battle and the dramatic flame you received from him..

Well, one could argue that flaming in the chat about "tomatoes" etc. is just the peak of the whole problem. Back when I played WoT some players actually didn't insult certain other players for their stats but went one step further and deemed the battle to be not worth playing because "idiot team" (either because of XVM or because of the display of the win chance), hence they either suicided or quit the game right at the beginning. Or they started into the battle with a negative attitude that they had no other choice than losing - be it the battle or their personal fun. So XVM provides problems not only for chat moderations but also for the actual gameplay.

Anyway, one could argue about this all day. IMO there are a lot of good reasons to hide ones stats, others might see it differently.

Anyways, the thread isn't about hiding stats, it's about chat ban system.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,445 posts
15,746 battles

Hi all,

Can we get XWM? Please? Then I would know whoto support :B

It is available for some time now... :bajan:

Leo "Apollo11"

[-TAP-]
Players
118 posts
10,947 battles

Re. OP

I am not attacking you, but I never have chat ban before, and you say you have that every few days.  That seem to me you must have had a lot of report by many different players to have build that up. How about try 2 weeks not to click the map more the 2 times on a spot, not to tell other what to do, where to go etc. ie . let they play their game.If they are bad at it not even let them know what you think. Hell not even bother with looking at their stat, if they bad they just meat for you!!  And come back and let us know if you still get ban every few days. The point is work out how much "chat ban system" need to rework.

The forum rules changed to a point of saying anything can result to warning and topic to despair so....can I point out I am not trolling!! Customer care point us to come here, and when players found any system has flaw or need to rework, then forum mod should not hide them topics!! some of us players just want a better game!!

Sign in to follow this