You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Themistocles_

FIX DUNKERQUE or money back!

39 comments in this topic

[H2LLN]
Players
18 posts
15,780 battles

This ship should be a Tier 5 to be just ok.Fix the reload time to 20 sec the Alpha and sigma upgrade the armor and AA.This is NOT a premium ship and certainly does not justify giving money to buy the looks.The inconsistency of the guns is incredible! I never had the problem with turrets which most people are afraid of but that's all.On paper it looks ok but in battle you need to be a pro player with a good team to enjoy her.

Give us our money back or do something!Only good thing ABOUT HER are her secondary guns and still you need to do almost a full turn to utilise their power meaning that the other players have to be too far away or blind not to citadel you.Of course her size does not help at all plus her turning radius makes you a wonderful target!Not to mention her camouflage which actually gives players the location of the citadel!!!

I hope someone sees this from Wargaming because ruining a what could have been a fantastic battlecruiser makes me not to want to spend another cent and i think others who have bought this ship too.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Dunkerque is great.

You're playing it wrong.

• Cool 5

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

This ship should be a Tier 5 to be just ok.Fix the reload time to 20 sec the Alpha and sigma upgrade the armor and AA.This is NOT a premium ship and certainly does not justify giving money to buy the looks.The inconsistency of the guns is incredible! I never had the problem with turrets which most people are afraid of but that's all.On paper it looks ok but in battle you need to be a pro player with a good team to enjoy her.

Give us our money back or do something!Only good thing ABOUT HER are her secondary guns and still you need to do almost a full turn to utilise their power meaning that the other players have to be too far away or blind not to citadel you.Of course her size does not help at all plus her turning radius makes you a wonderful target!Not to mention her camouflage which actually gives players the location of the citadel!!!

I hope someone sees this from Wargaming because ruining a what could have been a fantastic battlecruiser makes me not to want to spend another cent and i think others who have bought this ship too.

You fail

[CATS]
Players
26,734 posts
14,356 battles

She is fine.

Player Average for Ships [ at 2017/04/08 ]        
Nation Class Tier Name Win Damage Kills/Battle Survival
US BB 6 Arizona 52.93 50.192 0.93 45.68
RN BB 6 Warspite 51.11 42.869 0.76 36.59
MN BB 6 Dunkerque 50.89 42.999 0.77 32.23
JP BB 6 Fuso 49.94 42.954 0.76 42.77
US BB 6 New Mexico 48.99 37.809 0.66 40.91
KM BB 6 Bayern 47.47 37.370 0.68 40.50
JP BB 6 Mutsu 46.93 43.103 0.75 35.46

That she is not easy to play was known before. Just look at her configuration and armor....

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,022 posts
3,829 battles

"This is not a premium ship" 

You know there is a thing called the Krasny Krym right?

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,387 posts
9,857 battles

:facepalm:
  • Cool 1

Players
1,890 posts
2,549 battles

considerign demand for buffed armour I'd guess that OP is this kind of player that when playing dunkerque is always showing broadside to the enemies

which is as my friend once nicely described: "throwing away all the strenghts of the ship, to emphasis all of her weaknesses"

[H2LLN]
Players
18 posts
15,780 battles

From the current answers i see that people think i am playing her wrong.I am doing everything someone in a Dunkerque should do.Always angling her never show broadside closer distance to be if possible with cruisers (which most of the times sucks because when they see the enemy most people turn away leaving you exposed to fire ).My dmg average is 50-60k with her but there are moments in every game where i could just scream my lungs out from distress.She is INCREDIBLY unreliable.If you don't see that then either my game is broken or you are just the type of captain who sits back shooting from the top of the range.

Also Flamu must be wrong saying the same thing...

Edited by Themistocles_

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,194 posts
9,237 battles

From the current answers i see that people think i am playing her wrong.I am doing everything someone in a Dunkerque should do.Always angling her never show broadside closer distance to be if possible with cruisers (which most of the times sucks because when they see the enemy most people turn away leaving you exposed to fire ).My dmg average is 50-60k with her but there are moments in every game where i could just scream my lungs out from distress.She is INCREDIBLY unreliable.If you don't see that then either my game is broken or you are just the type of captain who sits back shooting from the top of the range.

That's what you get for expecting every premium ship to be good or OP
  • Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,705 posts
6,864 battles

She's a bit unique but the guns are brutal! The pen is great and shreds everything in your way. Spend some time with her I am sure you will love her! Btw T5...? Seriously...? Hope that was a bad joke ..!

Btw thread title = click bait or are a a little drama queen/princess?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

You have the entire internet to check up on  a ship before you buy it. DO SO IN THE FUTURE!

You bought a ship without checking first if it really is what you want, and now you pay the price for your laziness.

Also, WG has the full right to change any premium you have, even nerf them. Nowhere has WG signed a contract with us that say that the ships we buy with real money will be better than normal ones or even competetive for that matter.

WG just so happens to generally make premiums good, and at times borderline OP, to motivate people to spend money.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

I totally disagree with Flamu opinion on Dunkerque.

So what ? I can't ? Because he's Flamu ?

Dunkerque is a great ship, very fun to use, with very good guns. The armor isn't reliable against 380mm+, but it's more than enough against everything else. The ship itself lack stealthyness, but is fast, agile, and got both decent secondaries and AA (with AFT).

And the gun penetration allows Dunkerque to stand its ground with AP against tier 8 BBs.

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

I hate to bring stats into this OP, but you invited it with this:

My dmg average is 50-60k

The false claim aside, it looks like you actually perform significantly better in your Dunkerque than just about any other BB tier for tier. If anything you've displayed that the ship is OP and needs a nerf!
  • Cool 1

Players
415 posts
25,043 battles

I love  the  Dungberk.........just plays  differently....it's  French...unique  and  quirky,  buy  a late  60s  Citreon  DS  with  the  pump  up suspension..odd  but  very nice

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles

I love  the  Dungberk.........just plays  differently....it's  French...unique  and  quirky,  buy  a late  60s  Citreon  DS  with  the  pump  up suspension..odd  but  very nice

​Speaking of French designs, if you live in a warm climate and want a VERY poorly designed car, buy a Renault 10.  A rear-mounted, water-cooled engine with the radiator in the very back of the car :amazed:- instant over-heat during the summer. :ohmy:

Players
49 posts

I bought the Dunkerque and initially had problems using it, but then I found out that for me at least, the best way to handle it was keep it moving and don't stay in one place long enough!t.   

• Cool 1

[PELSO]
Players
9 posts
3,407 battles

:facepalm: I thought the only bad thing is the short range secondaries, otherwise excellent :medal:

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

My dmg average is 50-60k

Liar.

Liar. Show me where flamu is crying for his money back? Or to have it moved to tier 5? Ow wait, that was just you. 

How about you l2p? Your Fuso and Wyoming had decent WR, but yeah as I expected you got carried to that ( abysmal avg dmg in both ). When you can actually play, you can start crying about 'broken balance'. Until then, you can keep crying about broken balance, but everybody will just make fun off you. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,890 posts
2,549 battles

Liar. Show me where flamu is crying for his money back? Or to have it moved to tier 5?

indeed last time I checked he said he don;t like the ship and yet was making a guide on how to play it efficiently.......:rolleyes:

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

He considers it the weakest tier 6 BB, and that is mostly because of the armor. It has the weakest bow, and the most 25mm plating ( it's HUGE ).

So, you can't really avoid taking damage with skill ( aka angling correctly ). Which is what puts him off. The guns are also meh, but still afaik he said on stream the biggest issue with the ship is the lack of damage mitigation ability. 

That being said, if you look at the average performance, the ship is doing fine. That is because sadly most players are FAR from flamu's level of competence. So they don't even KNOW the actual weakness because damage mitigation is something which didn't come with a picture tutorial. And they play mostly against more 'average' players, who don't kill Dunkek's on sight because they don't know how to take advantage of the weak armor values. 

I remember him meeting enemy Dunkek's and actually saying: yes thank god, give me more damage and xp pinata's :trollface: 

In short: it's the average player base which makes this 'bad' ship perform actually quite average. But OP doesn't fit in 'average' even. 

• Cool 2

[SLAPP]
Players
1,382 posts
8,686 battles

In short: it's the average player base which makes this 'bad' ship perform actually quite average. But OP doesn't fit in 'average' even. 

mye they buy the ship die in it constantly.

Then hear from the good players they find the ship weak compared to other ships.

then proceed to beleave its an unplayable ship not able to do annything.

would not suprise me if he stops out in the open without island cover and starts reversing.

• Cool 1

[H2LLN]
Players
18 posts
15,780 battles

Lying about the damage i can do in the Dunkerque is not my thing.Why would i lie doing low dmg?Also i have bought the Baguette INSPITE of her bad reviews because i think she needs buffing therefore my topic! I am not doing this just to cry (lol i am 42 and come from a long line of Admirals and Captains since Byzantine times even) but to POINT out her weaknesses and perhaps someone will get the meaning! She is fast but too big her secondaries are just ok but you cant use them efficiently because of their position,her AA are a joke (i actually am impressed shooting down a plane when there is real need).My build is Preventive Maintenance,Expert Loader,Expert Marksman,Basics of Survivability and Advanced Fire Training so far.I think it is what she needs to have.

[H2LLN]
Players
18 posts
15,780 battles

Liar.

Liar. Show me where flamu is crying for his money back? Or to have it moved to tier 5? Ow wait, that was just you. 

How about you l2p? Your Fuso and Wyoming had decent WR, but yeah as I expected you got carried to that ( abysmal avg dmg in both ). When you can actually play, you can start crying about 'broken balance'. Until then, you can keep crying about broken balance, but everybody will just make fun off you. 

1.There is something called Youtube i don't know if your computer supports it.

2.WR has nothing to do with ship performance and of course a single player.A few games ago my team was against Flamu and they lost.This if you have noticed is a teamplay game.

3.I respect your right of an opinion even if it is ridiculous. 

[CATS]
Players
26,734 posts
14,356 battles

You demand your money back after admitting buying her after seeing bad reviews of her.

That is not sensible and mature behaviour.

And yes, server WR of a ship has A LOT to do with ship performance.