Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

Smoke

16 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
338 posts
19,020 battles

Idea for smoke screens. How about we make all smoke screens work like the Perth so that it will only cover the ship which lays it so we dont get half the map covered with smoke with multiple ships spending half the game hiding in smoke.

I think this would improve gameplay no end.

Any thoughts ?

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

The Perth's smoke screen is crap. And taking away tools for teamplay is bad.

We need MORE teamplay, not less.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Idea for smoke screens. How about we make all smoke screens work like the Perth so that it will only cover the ship which lays it so we dont get half the map covered with smoke with multiple ships spending half the game hiding in smoke.

Any thoughts ?

No

Sorry, let me give it a more concise, considered answer.

Hell no

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

No, I don't like that idea. But I would like it if smoke screens could have different densities, so they can obscure vision by varying degrees. Right in the centre will make you invisible except to hydro/radar, around the edge you could be visible for say half your normal visibility range.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

No, I don't like that idea. But I would like it if smoke screens could have different densities, so they can obscure vision by varying degrees. Right in the centre will make you invisible except to hydro/radar, around the edge you could be visible for say half your normal visibility range.

visibility increasing as the smoke time decreases could be interesting

[CAIN]
Players
4,487 posts
18,943 battles

This kind of smoke is Perth's thing and would make every ship that has it bloody OP...just imagine a Kutuzov, balanced Belfast or any US DD with that kind of smoke...not to mention the Atlanta/ Flint.

And while BBs wouldn't be able to profit from that smoke, it would make DDs and Cruiser clustered inside the smoke floating cloud of doom tm .

Right now it's easy to torp targets inside the smoke or force them to leave, they can even be hit them with guns if aimed carefully.

Thx but no thx.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

Some of us LIKE helping our team.

Today one of our BBs (a rather battered Dunkerke) was being focused by about 3 ships so I swung my Fiji by, told him to stop and popped smoke.

He actualy listened to me and was able to sit in the smoke, repair and get back into the fight while the enemy ships moved off and switched targets

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

This kind of smoke is Perth's thing and would make every ship that has it bloody OP...just imagine a Kutuzov, balanced Belfast or any US DD with that kind of smoke...not to mention the Atlanta/ Flint..

Right now, the time between 2 Minotaur smokes is less than 40 seconds. 40 seconds without protection.

With the Perth's smoke mechanics, the time between 2 smokes would be more than 140 seconds. 140 seconds without protection.

How is that OP?

Not, that would be clearly a nerf. And something that would reduce the teamplay possibilites by a lot, since laying smoke for others is one of the few abilities in the game that allows for actual teamplay.

Edited by Sidian42

[ICON]
Alpha Tester
36 posts
4,237 battles

I actually just wish there was more XP gain for laying smoke for someone else.  I can spend my entire game scouting and keeping my team hidden in smoke and come near the bottom of the team.  I've been vital to the victory, those chaps in my smoke coming in at the top of the table and I'll keep playing like that, the win is what is most important after all.  but some recognition of team play would be nice.

On the same lines, does a radar ship get credit when an enemy is damaged as a result of being highlighted by radar?  Because they really should..... imo

Smoke great but it can be countered.  At higher tiers there are always Radar and Hydro ships around.  At lower tiers, Torps reload so fast then can flood a smoke cloud.

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

I actually just wish there was more XP gain for laying smoke for someone else.  I can spend my entire game scouting and keeping my team hidden in smoke and come near the bottom of the team.  I've been vital to the victory, those chaps in my smoke coming in at the top of the table and I'll keep playing like that, the win is what is most important after all.  but some recognition of team play would be nice.

On the same lines, does a radar ship get credit when an enemy is damaged as a result of being highlighted by radar?  Because they really should..... imo

Smoke great but it can be countered.  At higher tiers there are always Radar and Hydro ships around.  At lower tiers, Torps reload so fast then can flood a smoke cloud.

Yeah, DDs hate my Belfast

[CATS]
Players
26,714 posts
14,317 battles

Any thoughts ?

You should work on your concept of time. There are no 10 minute smoke screens.

And you should work on your skills. There are ways to compensate smoke.

Players
671 posts
2,371 battles

Any thoughts ?

I think sinking all camping BB players with a console command would improve the gameplay no end. 

What do you think?

[CAIN]
Players
4,487 posts
18,943 battles

I think sinking all camping BB players with a console command would improve the gameplay no end. 

What do you think?

Not really, but having them move on a random course without influence by the player if they camp for more than two minutes would be my choice.

It would be an improvement as we'd go from a tower defense game to a rail shooter.

And while the BB sails under AI control, that annoying Pirate voice explains how movement works in WoWS...maybe add a few "...use WASD...you know you can do it ol' chap!" and "don't be a chicken and camp, use WASD and try to be useful" lines into the mix. 

Players
1,373 posts

What do you think?

I'd prefer to have videos played back in port, of captain and crew being shot for cowardice. Of course, will need some work, not like the container animations. Give players lots of variety there, because fun and engaging. 

Sign in to follow this