You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drunken_Jedi

Wargaming, at least TRY to improve the playerbase

95 comments in this topic

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Even by weekend standards, this is a Edited  joke. I honestly don't give a damn if you delete or move this thread, but I'm sick to Edited  death of the level of idiocy on display this weekend. Just played five games, won one. The rest were those games where your team just sits in the Edited corner doing nothing, and manages to kill nothing. Even in tier TEN  games I got the teams just either melted or camped so hard at the back the enemy were winning by about 800 points and no losses with 12 minutes still left on the clock. It's a joke, get your act together and put something forward so these brain dead casuals can either learn to bloody play or realise its not for them and GTFO. Even my friends have quit in frustration after just a few games... makes the competitive side of me [edited]rage when its like this. In one of the games I was the first ship to die and still managed to place THIRD in the team for XP.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch the Empire Strikes Back and pretend that Admiral admiral dude who Vader chokes is the embodiment of the brain dead waste of oxygen casuals that spoilt my fun tonight.

EDIT: I was going to post screen shots of the levels of stupid I had to contend with, but rage quit the game so fast I forgot to take screen shots until I was back to desktop... which made me EVEN MORE MAD! HULK SMASH!

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX
  • Cool 12

Players
10,037 posts
11,833 battles

Thats futile effort. Those who want to learn usually can cope with search engine of their choice or simply checking forums, novice section and whatnot. Forced tutorials only would make scrubs ragequit "I is of proplaya, I can play boats without tutorial"

I've found that the hard way back in the day of playing tanks. A lot of people just don't want to learn anything, all they want is to drive tank/boat/plane around and make boomy noises after school/work/family time.

• Cool 2

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Not joining the dark side you must.

Overcome the temptation you must.

I had a quite good run with a mate today up until a certain point when we encountered similar problems (like dying early in the game and still making the top 3... as low tier).

So we decided to leave it at that and try another game I told him about which proved to make a hell of a lot of fun. :teethhappy:

WoWs Wiki Team, Players, Sailing Hamster, Modder
1,624 posts
2,720 battles

You should consider writing your sentences without "fck" or something like this if you want to be taken srsly from certain poeple ╮(─▽─)╭

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Ugh.... I've calmed down a little now... not quite so green.

Honestly though, I legitimately question how these players manage to live a day to day life they show such little intelligence and/or ability. I'm naturally a very competitive player, I'm not necessarily a poor loser... if I get outplayed I'll congratulate the guy as much as the next player. However, when I lose despite doing my best because of the sheer stupidity and teams going full re***d I just lose the plot a little when it's as bad as this.

• Cool 2

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

You should consider writing your sentences without "fck" or something like this if you want to be taken srsly from certain poeple ╮(─▽─)╭

Perhaps, but once I reach that point I literally stop giving a damn and just let lose with all barrels. That's just who I am. Take it or leave it ;).

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

WG does not care that you are offended by the standard of play.

Have you stats checked players randomly? I've seen horrors like CV players at T9 with a few hundred games, Moskva players with BAD ratings across the board and 40% WR T10 BBs.

Only way I combat this is to play ships that can cap and carry like DDs. Let the weak and the lame fight it out at 15km whilst I go and win the day.

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

WG does not care that you are offended by the standard of play.

Have you stats checked players randomly? I've seen horrors like CV players at T9 with a few hundred games, Moskva players with BAD ratings across the board and 40% WR T10 BBs.

Only way I combat this is to play ships that can cap and carry like DDs. Let the weak and the lame fight it out at 15km whilst I go and win the day.

DD's are typically my least played class. Perhaps I should change that and push up the US and Russian lines. I was a CV/CA main during the CBT and carried on with that trend post release. I play BB's on occasion but find them pretty boring on the whole. I have the Kiev and enjoy it, still grinding to the Farragut on the US line though.

Honestly part of me wishes they'd attach a "PR requirement' to tiers IX and X... in a similar vain to WoW where to do the certain group content like Mythics or Heroics you needed a certain gear score or higher.

Edited by Drunken_Jedi

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

DD's are typically my least played class. Perhaps I should change that and push up the US and Russian lines. I was a CV/CA main during the CBT and carried on with that trend post release. I play BB's on occasion but find them pretty boring on the whole. I have the Kiev and enjoy it, still grinding to the Farragut on the US line though.

Cruisers are great however they do get destroyed with regularity at higher tiers as everyone will pepper you from long range with high calibre AP.

Carrying on with Kiev will be good, Khaba is a fitting reward once you reach T10. You'll likely find other ships in-effective and boring once you have it lol.

USN are excellent, they really start to power up from the Mahan onwards.

I really want a Moskva and Minotaur. Both are monster cruisers, I play every few weeks when the PT comes up :(

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Honestly I 

Cruisers are great however they do get destroyed with regularity at higher tiers as everyone will pepper you from long range with high calibre AP.

Carrying on with Kiev will be good, Khaba is a fitting reward once you reach T10. You'll likely find other ships in-effective and boring once you have it lol.

USN are excellent, they really start to power up from the Mahan onwards.

I really want a Moskva and Minotaur. Both are monster cruisers, I play every few weeks when the PT comes up :(

I tried to get the daily bonus in the Chapaev tonight but gave up since I was going to utterly ruin the stats on it playing with monkeys like that. My average damage for that ship was about 80k but I was struggling to even get 50k given how fast the teams folded. Moskva is a beast... would very much like to unlock it.

Players
1,252 posts
9,423 battles

So what do you propose OP? WG throw out paying customers?

You're playing random games in a f2p game. If you're expecting an elite player base, you've come to the wrong place. Check the message board of literally any f2p FPS... they are filled with messages like this.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

You're playing random games in a f2p game. If you're expecting an elite player base, you've come to the wrong place. Check the message board of literally any f2p FPS... they are filled with messages like this.

Elite? Mate I'm not playing tournament level Overwatch or CS GO here. Just a standard multiplayer game, even a basic level of understanding and team play would suffice for randoms. I reckon you could train apes to show more intelligence than what I saw tonight.
  • Cool 2

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,565 battles

With premium time and other bonuses you can get to tier 10 very fast. That's why the standard of play at high tiers is what we see. Oh, and the tier 8 premium ships which you can buy with zero battles played. And the fact that this is just a game and I don't want to learn. I play for fun. My fun and my fun alone.

If this were a pay-to-play game things might be different. But who knows how many people would even start playing?

[-GBF-]
Players
769 posts
3,622 battles

Ugh.... I've calmed down a little now... not quite so green.

Honestly though, I legitimately question how these players manage to live a day to day life they show such little intelligence and/or ability. I'm naturally a very competitive player, I'm not necessarily a poor loser... if I get outplayed I'll congratulate the guy as much as the next player. However, when I lose despite doing my best because of the sheer stupidity and teams going full re***d I just lose the plot a little when it's as bad as this.

I know the feeling. I saw a BB driver in an NC firing HE at the broadside of my Yam at 10km........I used AP :playing:

I had a Nagato yesterday in one battle who fired HE for the whole battle..........how do some people get to tier 7 or 8 and not know what shell to use?  it worrys me:ohmy:

on the plus side so long as they are not on my team they are free xp and damage :trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

The thing is when people lose SO HARD how can they even say they're having fun? It's not fun at all sitting in the bottom corner doing nothing for ten minutes, then get deleted in your Iowa because you're too stupid to bow in and get triple citadel led by the Bismarck who say you making a mistake and punished you for it.

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I played about 10 games yesterday morning across a range of tiers and had the exact same experience. Gave up and went and drank beer instead.

Beer sounds pretty good tbh lol. Sadly I drank my last bottle of Spitfire the other day...
  • Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,752 battles

Mandatory tutorials (with rewards for completing them so that it's not a "waste of time" even in the eyes of the dumbest potato) would be a good start.

• Cool 2

Players
3,037 posts
31,525 battles

Relax everybody have the same rights to play this game poor or good.... Join a clan if you want to meet a certain standard or just accept the facts during weekends...

This game is meant to be enjoyed

Players
3,037 posts
31,525 battles

The joy of free xp... They could however remove the possibility to free xp T-VIII onwards..

Edited by hgbn_dk

[CATS]
Players
26,848 posts
14,391 battles

Even by weekend standards, this is a f**king joke. I honestly don't give a damn if you delete or move this thread, but I'm sick to f**king death of the level of idiocy on display this weekend. Just played five games, won one. The rest were those games where your team just sits in the f**king corner doing nothing, and manages to kill nothing. Even in tier TEN  games I got the teams just either melted or camped so hard at the back the enemy were winning by about 800 points and no losses with 12 minutes still left on the clock. It's a joke, get your act together and put something forward so these brain dead casuals can either learn to bloody play or realise its not for them and GTFO. Even my friends have quit in frustration after just a few games... makes the competitive side of me [edited]rage when its like this. In one of the games I was the first ship to die and still managed to place THIRD in the team for XP.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to watch the Empire Strikes Back and pretend that Admiral admiral dude who Vader chokes is the embodiment of the brain dead waste of oxygen casuals that spoilt my fun tonight.

EDIT: I was going to post screen shots of the levels of stupid I had to contend with, but rage quit the game so fast I forgot to take screen shots until I was back to desktop... which made me EVEN MORE MAD! HULK SMASH!

There is no weekend effect. In theory you should win more if the playerbase gets less experienced on weekends and you are a better player (your ability to influence the match increases).

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Honestly I 

I tried to get the daily bonus in the Chapaev tonight but gave up since I was going to utterly ruin the stats on it playing with monkeys like that. My average damage for that ship was about 80k but I was struggling to even get 50k given how fast the teams folded. Moskva is a beast... would very much like to unlock it.

The RU cruisers up to Moskva are very painful. Paper armour and lack of any sort of decent alpha means you REALLY need to be careful when you open up yes :(

I'm still stuck on Schors! Alteast I'm part way through Edinburgh...

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,924 posts
19,752 battles

This game is meant to be enjoyed

Yes, but if your own enjoyment comes at the expense of others, well, that's a different story altogether. This is a multiplayer TEAM game. When you click that battle button you carry a responsibility to do your utmost to win. If people want to yolo and disregard their team because it's fun for them, sure, that's their thing, but then they shouldn't complain about getting criticized, much less catered to.

But that would require them to know that it's wrong in the first place. The vast majority of players doesn't even know that they're doing something wrong, leading to an incredibly abysmal average level of play. And, since they don't know that they're doing something wrong, they have no desire to better themselves either.

Being a f2p game is no excuse for having a shoddy average skill level and throwing your new customers into battle basically blind.

• Cool 5