Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pzkpfwv1d

Is there a problem with BB AP shells?

5 comments in this topic

[WCWVE]
Players
1,028 posts
16,502 battles

I have noticed over the last couple of days that certain BB's even when getting multiple hits, are doing no damage at all during a battle, therefore I am asking is there a problem with the BB shells 

USS Missouri - 14 direct hits on Amagi over 2 battles - zero damage 

Dunkerque - 18 hits on Scharnhorst in a single battle with no damage inflicted 

Freidrich der Grosse - 10 hits on Amagi with no damage inflicted 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

yes, the majority of the people firing them. Learn the game mechanics. You probably shot angled targets and bounced?

• Cool 2

Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Don't explains when you have penetration hits with no damage... seen this a few times.

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

Is this not something to do with hitting a module, you do damage to the module but not to the ships HP? I've seen it a few times too but not that often.

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

The damage to to modules like AA guns and main batteries show up as direct hits, but don't do any damage to the ship's HP because the modules have their own, seperate HP pool.

Hits on the Torpedo belt show up as normal penetrations as well, but deal no damage, because the torpedo belt is empty and not vital to the ship at all. Well, that is expected since it's made to absorb damage.

Hits on saturated areas are also registered as normal penetrations, but deal half or even no damage, depending on the saturation.

Edited by Sidian42
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this