Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RZ_Alex

Why play in tier X? ...

58 comments in this topic

Players
65 posts
6,885 battles

With bbs it has always been difficult to make a really good score to make credits (With yamato for example), especially if you sink.

For this I really enjoyed using Gearing, kaba and shima to, But this before the latest patches !!

Now I find it difficult to finish a game with positive credits....

After an afternoon of games in Gearing I went up to 200000 credits. i remember some afternoons when i make +/-2500000 Credits.

Now different afternoon with my lovely FUSO i went up to +/-1600000 credits.....

so, why play tier x now ? ...

Ciao

Alessandro

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Buy potato 5k Perm camo and yolo all day long in T10s without ever losing a single credit.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles

With bbs it has always been difficult to make a really good score to make credits (With yamato for example), especially if you sink.For this I really enjoyed using Gearing, kaba and shima to, But this before the latest patches !!Now I find it difficult to finish a game with positive credits.... 

After an afternoon of games in Gearing I went up to 200000 credits. i remember some afternoons when i make +/-2500000 Credits.Now different afternoon with my lovely FUSO i went up to +/-1600000 credits.....

Readable edition.

You do realise that since quite a few patches back the costs solely depends on consumable replenishment, battle-fee, ammo cost - thus how much you earn/lose is determinate by that + the earned rewards site? 

btw: I get confused by +/- 2,5 mio like all hell. So you got a fluctuation of 5 mio or what? Sorry, but I gotta ask for further explanation because I simply dont understand.

Edited by havaduck

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Duno why text go off....

Negativvv i want to see this camo!!! :D

Look in the camo section in game.

5k doubloons buys you camo that basically lets you play T10 all you want without any loss.

One of the worst additions to the game if you ask me but it makes WG money...

• Cool 2

Players
65 posts
6,885 battles

havaduck I do not understand your  question. I mean 2500000 more or less in a afternoon, not + 2500000 or - 2500000

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Buy potato 5k Perm camo and yolo all day long in T10s without ever losing a single credit.

I like it. I can potato in tier 10 and still make money :child:

Only thing I've bought so far - Two 5k camos :)

edit: lol at OP fail. Not sure how.

Edited by loppantorkel

Players
662 posts
11,080 battles

WG has ruined high tiers with total repair costs for all, now if game is too fast you cant make enough damage to cover costs, this change happened about 7 months ago. WG is not alone to blame, this change resulted due to constant crying of some players about camping. I am surprised that WG has not learn by now that if they listen players suggestion too much they will ruin the game. Because angry players after battle are not objective when they write complaints.  But even as it is, every tier 10 ships are far far better then their predecessors tier 9.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Even without premium you should still break even with a halfway solid game and make a nice profit with a good one.

If you're consistently losing credits in ships like the Yamato, then you're simply consistently performing subpar.

• Cool 5

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Even without premium you should still break even with a halfway solid game and make a nice profit with a good one.

If you're consistently losing credits in ships like the Yamato, then you're simply consistently performing subpar.

Yes...

I'm a very strong believer in that higher tier ships are a privilege and not a right.

Sadly WG do not agree :P

• Cool 2

[-GBF-]
Players
769 posts
3,620 battles

Yes...

I'm a very strong believer in that higher tier ships are a privilege and not a right.

Dam right I worked hard for my Yamato. :izmena:
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Yes...

If you don't break even you shouldn't play tier 10s? that's harsh.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Dam right I worked hard for my Yamato. :izmena:

I paid about 60k free XP to skip the last of the Izumo but I can safely say I did the rest by hard bloodied work :honoring:

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If you don't break even you shouldn't play tier 10s? that's harsh.

Maybe but you want to hope any T10 player atleast understands the game more or less...

Which a lot don't :(

• Cool 1

[-GBF-]
Players
769 posts
3,620 battles

I paid about 60k free XP to skip the last of the Izumo but I can safely say I did the rest by hard bloodied work :honoring:

Same I did manage to get to the last hull with the Izumo but not long after that I got really fed up with it so went and got the Amagi and my Warspite and built up some free ex to get the Yam :izmena:

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Maybe but you want to hope any T10 player atleast understands the game more or less...

Which a lot don't :(

Maybe WG should introduce a more competitive group and one causal in high tiers. When there's enough players, one choose what one wants to play. I mean, it's a game in the end. Potatoes want to play yamas and tirpsises too :child:

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Maybe WG should introduce a more competitive group and one causal in high tiers. When there's enough players, one choose what one wants to play. I mean, it's a game in the end. Potatoes want to play yamas and tirpsises too :child:

Well I'm more or less at peace with less able players as there's an endless harvest of them to pad my own stats with.

The only real issue I have is I find CV impossible to learn as the gulf in ability means I either rofflestomp enemy ones or I get obliterated with nothing in between. 

Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Just remove the possibility to use free xp from T-VIII.... I have earned my T-X's the hard way....If I had 382.855 dubloms today all my elite xp from all my ships could be converted into 9.821.35 free xp..

I don't have the money to do so and it would spoil the joy for me when I get the next ship in line..... only ever converted 6 or 9 dubloms to free xp since I couldn't get anything else for them...

It is just satisfying to know you haven't bought it but earned it... Then its secondary being a super player or someone like me.

Players
65 posts
6,885 battles

well take this game for exsample:

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

part3.jpg

looks the credits, and then the resupply/ cost repair ecc........

Ill ask again. WHY PLAY A TIER X ????

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

part3.jpg

Beta Tester
1,587 posts
2,523 battles

Ill ask again. WHY PLAY A TIER X ????

Because you are always top tier and get the most experience (good for training a captain). And depending on the ship, it can also be most fun.

If you really like a t10 ship, consider buying 5.000 doubloons. I know, free to play and all that, but with this investment, you can play a tier 10 ship as much as you like, even gaining money instead of losing it, regardless of having prremium or not.

Just look at this (the text is in german, but it should be clear what the income was in these three battles):

shot-17.05.01_18.21.29-0869.jpg?dl=0&raw

shot-17.05.01_18.21.51-0716.jpg?dl=0&raw

shot-17.05.01_19.27.49-0222.jpg?dl=0&raw

shot-17.05.01_19.27.58-0745.jpg?dl=0&raw

shot-17.05.01_20.27.58-0292.jpg?dl=0&raw

shot-17.05.01_20.28.13-0468.jpg?dl=0&raw

That is just thanks to the 5k Doubloon camo. Even in my worst games, i made profit. Also would have without premium.

So you either have to farm credits in the lower tiers to be able to play t10 (if you aren't really really good), or you have to spend money. That is intended.

Edited by Sidian42

Players
65 posts
6,885 battles

That's right, so i'm enjoing a lot with my Gearing allways was fun if win or lose!

like some matchs like this:

glory time OLD.jpg

But all of this was before the latest patchs...

Now it is a dream to think of doing such games.....

It's really frustrating .....

glory time OLD.jpg

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

The reason to play tier X is the parity between player vessels, it is a much more pleasant playing field and you are not forced into playing a supporting role, I.E, you no longer have to face Bismarcks in your Duca or La Galisonthundercunt, you are always at the top of the food chain like almost every other. 

As for the ability to play it, as other forumites pointed it out, it is a privilege, not a right. There are to many Yamatos sailing around the edges of the map doing nothing for their team. And in my eyes, their lack of involvement deserves to be punished. Break them where it hurts. Take their credits away! It is probably the frustration with BBabies talking, but I will stand by my words. 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
2,712 posts
16,595 battles

Tier X = Always top tier, no more crying that you're being put in bad MM as lower tier. Plus, most X are better than their IX counterparts and certainly than their VIII counterparts.

Sign in to follow this