Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheRonson

Carrier Controls

11 comments in this topic

Players
216 posts

Just a slight but annoying problem at the moment, during an attack using any CV.  I select the target as normal, but as the ships alter's course, I do what everyone does and adjust the direction of the Torps /Bombs manually using the icon, then after I rotate the icon to the new direction, this is when the problem occurs.

When I release the left mouse button it seems that the mouse will not release, I soon as I select or click on anything else it either tries to draw a square around it or if I click the left button the selected aircraft goes to that new selected position. The only way I can disengage the mouse is to press escape.

It never used to do this and it's difficult enough to control these bloody CV's without this additional problem.

Any ideas would be welcome. 

[DSNF]
Players
5 posts
10,761 battles

I have exact same problem..   when I get the Square selection, and it wont relase. Only way is to right click mouse and that action tells my carrier to go to that Point.  So I will have to remember to stop it again.  Any and all WP will disapear.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I'm guessing you guys are playing the tiers IV and V CV's, since you're referring to the automatic drop system. I'll try to test this myself later to see how it works and replicate if I can. If I follow you correctly, your altering the vector of the attack by moving the sliding icon around the circle? But it won't release thus you can't get the right angle?

At least when you get to tier VI you will have manual drop, I honestly can't remember the last time I used auto drop!

Players
216 posts

Hi Drunken_Jedi

I tried a T6 CV today the " Independence ", and it's exactly the same problem,  you can see the green square on the pic below, all I have done is move the direction of the torps so they are 90° and released the Left Mouse button, as I move the mouse away it starts to create the square without any buttons being pressed, the only way to detach the mouse is to press ESC but sometimes pressing once doesn't even do it, so you start to say move fighters,  and the next left button press drags the torpedo bombers off their target and everything is crapped up big style,  it is totally unplayable now.

I will try soon with the Alternative Mouse Control box checked

Nightmare%20CV.jpg

Edited by TheRonson

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Wait, are you trying to attack from the map view? Also, is that box outline you have a mod? It may be that trying to alter the vector of the attack while in the map view is causing a conflict within the game, more so if you're using mods. Try doing it again but this time not in the map view, just the standard birds eye view using the Shift key.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles

Trying to attack from map.

Jesus Christ.

WG where are those tutorials?!

@OP:

1. Don't use the map. Ever.

2. You have an Indie. Don't use auto drop. Press alt to set up your attacks manually.

Players
216 posts

Hi Drunken_Jedi

I do use the Map view to first locate the enemy and send the fighters etc to the individual enemy ships and try if I have the time to go into the standard view for accuracy and I have done Manual torp drops too. But this is a new problem, I have never used Mods of any kind.  The green square you see is the same square used to group your fighters,bombers,  etc together and make it easier to send all your aircraft to one place. I know how to use the square grouping tool, but the game is invoking it automatically????

Anyway, I am abandoning CV 's as it's just plain rubbish, and if you try the " Trouble Shooter" on WG website to ask a question you will find it's actually broken as well ........... it's all crapped out. 

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I know, however part of me can forgive the OP for such an error. Not to be rude Ronson, but you're doing it wrong at the moment. Feel free to drop me a PM and I will try to help you or you can sit down and listen/watch Farazelleths amazing CV guide that can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/farazelleth

From tier VI onwards (Independence/Ryujo) CV's gain the manual drop ability which can be used by holding down the SHIFT key and aiming ahead of the target. It allows you to drop much closer, and account for a target that is manoeuvring to avoid you. This is an essential skill and it's not worth using CV's unless you're prepared to master it since it will effect you performance massively.

Don't give up just yet, CV's can be quite fun to play one you've gotten to grips with it. It's a hard class to master, since it requires a very high level of multi-tasking (especially with IJN CV's) and very good map awareness. The rewards and damage you can achieve can be pretty staggering however, scored a new record for my Hiyru yesterday with just shy of 164,000 damage, beating my previous record of 161,000 on the Ranger.

Edited by Drunken_Jedi

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,895 posts
19,717 battles

I do use the Map view to first locate the enemy and send the fighters etc to the individual enemy ships

You have the minimap for that. There is no need for you to use the map, ever.

Likewise with auto drop. You need to master manual drops. It's an essential skill to have. Auto drops are far too easy to evade in even the biggest, most cumbersome ships in the game.

I second the recommendation for Fara's CV guide.

Edited by El2aZeR

Players
216 posts

Hi Everyone,

I have just tried a game in standard view only using the minimap, and obviously, the problem doesn't exist in that view, only tried once and got 2 kills, much more accurate, will have to give it a few more goes to see how I get on. cheers and thanks for the help.  I think more practice with less groups is a really good idea. 

Think I will have to actually set my Roccat keyboard and light up all keys used for CV's

Edited by TheRonson

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Glad to see you haven't dropped the class. Keep it up, and watch Fara's guide when you can it's a treasure trove of information and tips for the budding CV player.

Sign in to follow this