Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Torpedo glitch

6 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,078 posts

Ive just hard a game where torpedo launched from a DD went  through the island (smaller one).

Unfortunately I dont have any replay to support this, but I would like to know if anyone has ever seen this happen...

Edited by nambr9

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Had you been sunk at that point and spectating? If yes, I'd put it up to spectator lag/desync. I've seen sooooo many torpedoes pass right under ships whilst spectating ...

If you were still actively playing, that would be odd though. I've never seen something like that unless the connection was lagging like hell (a.k.a the servers crapping themselves a new one) and at that point torpedoes phasing through islands is typically a minor concern.

[THESO]
Players
4,078 posts

Had you been sunk at that point and spectating? If yes, I'd put it up to spectator lag/desync. I've seen sooooo many torpedoes pass right under ships whilst spectating ...

If you were still actively playing, that would be odd though. I've never seen something like that unless the connection was lagging like hell (a.k.a the servers crapping themselves a new one) and at that point torpedoes phasing through islands is typically a minor concern.

No. I was playing .. and enemy put 2 spreads into my smoke (right next to the island). I moved behind the island (dodging one spread), while the second spread hit the island (not at the far tip, but at the point where the island is at least few kilometers wide). All the torps but one hit the island. One torp reappeared on the other side and continued on its path. It didnt hit me, but i was really surprised to see this. It looked just like a CV torping from the island shore (but there was no CV in the game).

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I've seen a screenshot of a friend's Zao F3 torpedo running all the way to the other end of the map - and on a rather busy map so it's likely that would also have had to dig through some land. Too bad that torp didn't hit you (no offense lol) - would have been interesting whether the game was bugged enough to actually have such torps still "count" or whether they're just artifacts, possibly for just one player, where the visuals fail to despawn...

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
1,351 posts
20,666 battles

A torpedo went right under and through my blyskawica's bow the other day . how lucky :)

Edited by Ysterpyp

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

I've had the infinite-endurance torpedo glitch before, always fun to see but it's also never hit anyone to test whether it's still active.

On the subject of torpedo glitches, has anyone here had a spread of torpedoes go on a completely different heading to which it was aimed? I've noticed it once a long time ago and twice this patch, but never bothered to submit a bug report.

Sign in to follow this