Sign in to follow this  
G01ngToxicCommand0

Maps need more open space

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,147 posts
14,811 battles

The abundance of small islands is getting a bit annoying to be honest and more open space is needed to give the game more extreme range battles than currently is possible - especially in domination which appear as a total unrealistic way of conducting naval warfare as domination IRL would be the annihaltion of the enemy's ships and not just being in possession of some small uninhabited rocks in the water.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
37 posts
1,016 battles

Without the islands CAs and DDs wouldnt stand a chance against BBs. having cover is key to good gameplay for everyone

Beta Tester
2,147 posts
14,811 battles

I am not saying completely open maps but more open space like having one half the map open for example. And destroyers and cruisers can survive just fine without cover as long as the destroyers play smart and do effective scouting without revealing themselves.

Alpha Tester
10 posts
637 battles

DDs and CAs die because they just rush in without a plan instead of sticking to the rest of the fleet.

A lot of them also open fire against larger ships, revealing their position from far away..

The current capture mechanics also encourage this kind of rush to the capture points gameplay.

Edited by seiseki

Beta Tester
539 posts
1,637 battles

The abundance of small islands is getting a bit annoying to be honest and more open space is needed to give the game more extreme range battles than currently is possible - especially in domination which appear as a total unrealistic way of conducting naval warfare as domination IRL would be the annihaltion of the enemy's ships and not just being in possession of some small uninhabited rocks in the water.

Couldnt agree more. This is also my first impression. Later you get two maps that are bigger (at least it seems so) but usually I drop into the smaller one. :) But the biggest problem is island distribution. Or they are so many and so close to each other than even a destroyer have uneasy job to manuver (for cruisers already mission impossible) or there are no islands at all. The middle of the map is open field. I believe somewhat bigger maps with better island distribution would improve the game. I have nothing against island but would like to concentrate to shoting while beeing carefull where I am driving not concentrate on where I driving while catching oportunity to actully shoot.

Weekend Tester
483 posts

Speaking of bigger maps, what happened to Arctic? :x

Having Big Race on Tier4-5+ is quite annoying tbh... apart from that I miss that icy theme. While the 4 Domination spots were overkill it still works with other objectives (and even Domination, it just needs to tick for less, most notably with 4 spots). Or is it related to loading issues as it's a different tileset? Haven't seen it since Saturday iirc.

But basically... Big Race totally annoys me, should soley be used for Coop (and low Tier battles) .p

Beta Tester
14 posts

yes, this! you dont need at least half the islands that are on the maps. you will complain where the small ships will hide? the answer is simple and intuitive: around/behind the battleships. before you think of some insane person just consider this: battleships have the damage durability and range. they are the main factors in the battle. they however are vulnerable to air and torps. here is where cruisers come in place: they stick to the battlehsips and provide air cover. they dont need to engage the enemy battleships cause thats the job of our battleships. what they need to do is give aa cover and kill destroyers or cruisers that try to get close, so that friendly battlehsips can focus on killing the enemy big guns. destroyers dont need the islands because they are small, fast, hard to detect and have the currently op smokescreens. now think over this for a moment and you will see this is what you need. it will get the chips to stick together, coordinate and act as a team. instead what i always see currently is all destroyers and cruisers go on 1 side, get slaughtered by enemy battlehsips and what not. leaving friendly bb defensless to air and torps. the goal of cv btw should be to keep good vision for the bb above all else and prevent vision for the enemy by killing planes. only then can the cv focus on bombing.

must ... get ... more ... open space.

Sign in to follow this