Server Restart - 30 October, 05:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
havaduck

Co-op improvment: Skewering of unsuitable maps.

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles

So WG is working on improving co-op ...... which means there is nothing to show - as usual.

I got a simple recommendation to immediately improve co-op at low cost (ah the magic words, right?): How about removing maps that are completely unsuitable for co-op?

How about all the ridiculously huge maps - for only 8 ships - in the higher tiers?

How about removal of the [edited] map for co-op that there is? Two Brothers.

uyQinQs.png

Bastion-Mode an other incidents clearly show that WG cant figure it out on their own - so I will have to tell them:

There are 3 ways that are mutually exclusive. If you pick the "wrong one" there is nothing to shoot.

Your bots are bad around island as it is, you have a small channel that randomly 0-5 bots will use. Which is the same [edited] we get in random pvp - monkey see, monkey do. 

Every sane programmer would just outright exclude the middle route to use for the bots and try to ensure a simple even split in terms of left/right, to give a good example of what players should do in random, but its WG, you cant expect even that.

So have a solution that even WG should be able to do: Throw that map out of the co-op rotation.

€: And while you are at it: Remove detonations from co-op as well or have at least the curtsey of handing out those flags for the detonation!

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 5

[ALONE]
Modder
2,182 posts
13,733 battles

Havaduck, I'll give you right - but you have to decide for a side in pvp too. :nerv_fish:

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Havaduck, I'll give you right - but you have to decide for a side in pvp too. :nerv_fish:

No, you don't :trollface:

Edit: Seems like a good idea. I guess improving the bot behaviour will take a few years..

Edited by loppantorkel

[ALONE]
Modder
2,182 posts
13,733 battles

Indeed. You can wait at spawn for them to come. But the battle may be over before the bots arrive :)

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Indeed. You can wait at spawn for them to come. But the battle may be over before the bots arrive :)

I a bot battle, I'd probably go middle for instant action.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,182 posts
13,733 battles

[...]

Edit: Seems like a good idea. I guess improving the bot behaviour will take a few years..

Actually they get improved with every patch. Recently they learned to break or turn sometimes into torps and incoming Torpedobombers. 

Still they get sometimes baited into something and all turn into an island like in the first picture. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles

True, but it like 10 times worse in co-op. In pvp find you either still something to shoot up, or you can push up unopposed to their spawn and pincer them. Not so in co-op .... the bots may be annihilated already or on a merry DD-hate infused chase ......

Bonus points for when its late and you are in a slow-ish ships and gets lots of friendly bot DDs on your side that proceed blyat-rush ahead to torp its mirror from 0,7 km. :rolleyes:.

Actually they get improved with every patch. Recently they learned to break or turn sometimes into torps and incoming Torpedobombers. 

Still they get sometimes baited into something and all turn into an island like in the first picture. 

That something was a bot DD that also went middle ..... and 5 ships lined up for the reception. So "realistic" ..... just like what happens to the idiots in pvp.

From the other thread: A example what DD-hate infused rage-hunt can do .......

e4GCL4F.png

better they add scenario mode , will be more fun )

+

A few?

....... just pick one. :rolleyes::sceptic:

Edited by havaduck
  • Cool 1

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

It's something I've been thinking about for a while now regarding Two Brothers. Due to the limited programming of the Bots they "tend" to go all Russian and "Rush B Bylat" and head for the middle of a map which, on open maps, is no issue and even on some split route maps (Faultline, North & Northern Lights etc) it is still possible to meet more than 1 bot per match depending on where you sail but Two Brothers is a complete mess.

Due to the size of the islands, once you pick a route to sail you are unable to support the other 2 routes and, with so few ships in co-op, if you pick the "wrong" route out of the 3 you can sail all match and never shoot at another ship as the battles are usually over very quickly so even if you did reverse course you wouldn't make it in time.

While it's my least favourite map for co-op and it would like to see it removed, my usual tactic for this map is to sit at the bottom of the left island. This position can cover both the Left and the Middle much better than being fully on the left side and gives you broadside shots into both areas. It also only leaves a 2-3 min+ transit to the right side should it be needed. It also allows any spotter/fighter/radar aircraft you have to spot in the middle for you too.

Two_Brothers.jpg

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,182 posts
13,733 battles

Yeah, that's the place i like to stay too. Only downside - if the bots don't see something in the west they will turn in to the same place and you will never get their broadside.

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles

Another candidate for ripping the hell ot of coop: Ring.

Enjoy the funfest with anything less than ~21 knots!

Players
65 posts
2,969 battles

€: And while you are at it: Remove detonations from co-op as well or have at least the curtsey of handing out those flags for the detonation!

This! Being detonated, especially in the beginning of a  match, is hardly what I would consider "Fun and engaging".

Sign in to follow this