Sign in to follow this  
Dake007

Cruisers to pick

21 comments in this topic

[IUN]
Players
5 posts
3,988 battles

i am ready to move up to T8 Cruisers and i have been looking at Admiral Hipper /New Orleans / Mogami and wondered which one to go for first so any advice would be much appreciated 

[SLAPP]
Players
1,382 posts
8,690 battles

the mogami would be the best choice i would think. just use those guns to spamm some he around :X 

new orleans is a nice ship but more of a support cruiser.

It has good stealth and u best use it to contest caps and help your dds with the radar.

dont know mutch about the hipper tho but from what i hear its a pretty crapship.

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

Mogami.

Strongest of all 3 at t 8.

On t 10 Zao is again most flexibile and many would say strongest in most cases.

Hindi and DM are strong but more situational.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

Mogami.

Strongest of all 3 at t 8.

Hindi and DM are strong but more situational.

​Dont underrestimate NO with the conceilment buff plus she is nibble and has US AP.Des is also a fun ship at T10 to get too.  Well i only have Priz Eugen but that one sucks compared to to ALL other T8. It Turns like a brick forcing you to use the ruder module when all other can go for stealth. Mogami mith IFHE is fun but she is fragile. Dont underestimate the RU thogh especally at T8 they have a very good Cruiser too.

Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Maybe for potato, good players play minotaur.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

Maybe for potato, good players play minotaur.

You failed to see that he asks only about 3 nations. Km/usa/ijn?

Yes minotaur is blantly op ship and easiest to play and do well. So not special skill reqired for Mino. Probably hardest to play good is Des Moines. 

Moskva also is extremly good ship that burns with 20 km with ease and can tank very well. 

But op asked only for 3 lines and from them Zao is steongest. 

Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

Yes minotaur is blantly op ship and easiest to play and do well. So not special skill reqired for Mino.

But op asked only for 3 lines and from them Zao is steongest. 

Yes Zao is best. If minotaur doesent require skill why your stats are so bad with Neptune that is basically Mino with slower rof?

Players
2,589 posts
11,389 battles

Yes minotaur is blantly op ship and easiest to play and do well. So not special skill reqired for Mino. Probably hardest to play good is Des Moines.  

DM is less skill relient than the Mino by the simple fact that it can shoot HE. As long as you're use to the arcs it doesn't matter how angled a target is.On the other hand, with a Mino against let's say a bow on BB you have to aim for the superstructure to deal damage and not having your shells bounce. With DM you can just use HE and chip that bow on BB to death.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

Yes Zao is best. If minotaur doesent require skill why your stats are so bad with Neptune that is basically Mino with slower rof?

every cruiser requires but Mino is most equiped for every situation..best stealth, smoke, hydro, brutall Aaa, great DPM.....i suck in cruiser....but still it is line with least skill needed of other cruisers.....in my opinion

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

DM is less skill relient than the Mino by the simple fact that it can shoot HE. As long as you're use to the arcs it doesn't matter how angled a target is.On the other hand, with a Mino against let's say a bow on BB you have to aim for the superstructure to deal damage and not having your shells bounce. With DM you can just use HE and chip that bow on BB to death.

DM is great ship..but you need to be close..that arc is brutal and unforgiving.....no torps.....bad armor.....(ok buffed last patch but still cits thru nose)....mino is in smoke while BB will delte DM on open in this fight you describing :)...also it has worst HE of all cruisers with HE.....for HE spam Moskva and ZAo are far superior.....well after all DM is last on dmg table of t10 cruisers.....
Edited by 15JG52Adler

Players
2,589 posts
11,389 battles

DM is great ship..but you need to be close..that arc is brutal and unforgiving.....no torps.....bad armor.....(ok buffed last patch but still cits thru nose)....mino is in smoke while BB will delte DM on open in this fight you describing :)...also it has worst HE of all cruisers with HE.....for HE spam Moskva and ZAo are far superior.....well after all DM is last on dmg table of t10 cruisers.....

Didn't they buff it's armor so that only the Yamato can citadel it through the nose? I think it's because many people are not used to the arcs of the DM which is why it is last on damage. Personally it's not that tough to play cruisers if you have the right captain skill, position well and play tactically even if you're in the open. Plus that rate of fire of the Mino actually makes it an easy target in smoke. Unless that Mino captain knows how to move about in smoke they're just asking to get citadelled.

Players
123 posts
8,464 battles

go for the brits, played russian german and jap. cruisers and the British were the most fun to play. only one downside, you have to be extra careful not to show your sides. even DDs will deal enough damage , but you have awesome heal to compensate a bit  

Players
1,054 posts
2,644 battles

I am up to T6 in the French cruisers. I have also played T8 & 9 in the current PTS, and haven't found any reason to not continue playing them. The shell trajectory is a little odd, but once you get used to it its fine. Having fun.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Didn't they buff it's armor so that only the Yamato can citadel it through the nose? I think it's because many people are not used to the arcs of the DM which is why it is last on damage. Personally it's not that tough to play cruisers if you have the right captain skill, position well and play tactically even if you're in the open. Plus that rate of fire of the Mino actually makes it an easy target in smoke. Unless that Mino captain knows how to move about in smoke they're just asking to get citadelled.

Nah, they buffed the deck, not the bow.

Hipper-Roon-Hindenburg got 27mm bow armor with last patch too, which means they can't be overmatched with 380mm anymore, but 406+ still can.

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

My order, from my experience would be Mogami, NO, Hipper. M was a learn to love ship for me but when I got the hang of it, I highly liked it. NO was for me a "meh" ship. Played it a long time ago so no experience in the buffs. Some awesome some lousy games. I found Hipper boring as heck. Can't remember 1 single epic battle in it. Not too much lousy ones as well. It shone in mediocreness for me. Looking up the tiers though: Losemore was a complete suffering for me (almost gave up the US cruiser line because of it), I'm now playing Roon which I surprisingly very much like. Ibuki was a bit the same learn to loveboat. Need to do more games in Des Moines to be able to say anything about that and I highly like the Prodigy a lot!

Players
2,589 posts
11,389 battles

Nah, they buffed the deck, not the bow.

Hipper-Roon-Hindenburg got 27mm bow armor with last patch too, which means they can't be overmatched with 380mm anymore, but 406+ still can.

Ah I see. Well then I guess DM is just a super Cleveland then.

15JG52Adler

Still it's just less gimmicky than the other tier 10 cruisers. Its original tier 10 counterpart the Zao has torps but to use it would have to expose its broadside unless you're ambushing someone. DM arcs, while hard to get use to let you lob shells from behind cover. The various tier 10 CAs all got their own quirks.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

I'd go for the Japs. Those cruisers are quite flexible.

My mate recently got the Hipper (already had the Eugen) and is quite happy with it. The recent buff to the ship was good enough according to him.

The NO is... uhm... ok... She doesn't excel in anything really. She doesn't have torpedoes and a shell arc that the US used later to put satellites in low orbit. However, with her guns she is able to do a lot of damage, provided she is left alone by the enemy BBs. She will eat DDs and RN CL's alive with her RADAR. But again, has to avoid being shot at. 

[PORT]
Beta Tester
172 posts
11,317 battles

mogami or NO, both a fairly good but it depends whether sending 15 mediocre fast shells every 10 seconds sounds more fun than having the strongest AP at its tier.

i personally had great fun with my mogami when i had it, along with the aoba and zao it is the highlight of the line.

[K_N_M]
Players
294 posts
5,673 battles

Mogami probably the best of the three. Game with a juicy double strike against 2 destroyers in the same smoke ;)

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

Mogami

IJN cruisers are the best at every tier really. They were highly overbuilt IRL and it shows with the massive amounts of torpedoes and speed and actually having something vaguely resembling a modicum of armour. Add to that the good stealth that allows you to decide when you want BBs to screw you over, and troll HE so you can freely ignore the game's frankly bizzare armour mechanics (except when being shot at of course), and you've got something with a highest fun potential out of the class, but playing a good cruiser is still like polishing a turd imo.

Players
341 posts
6,911 battles

RN CLs are providing some good competition at T6-10 now IMO. Stealthier, some have just as many torps, smoke, and a totally different gunnery style which can be effective. Personally I don't like playing cruisers that don't have torps although I have got used to abusing the US cruisers AP guns recently.

Sign in to follow this