You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AMONAS1

UNREALISTIC SMOKE ACCURACY

SMOKE PENALTY  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Accurasy penalty for the ships inside the smoke.

• YES
    • NO

35 comments in this topic

[ARKAS]
Players
7 posts
24,195 battles

Smoke is deployed and 3 ships are in it. No hydro No radar. They have MAX accurasy because they get my position from their team.

FAIR?

They can go into smoke and take my position from their team but having MAX accurasy without your own targeting system is UNFAIR.

When ships are in the smoke they must have biger dispersion on their guns. They dont see me they take my position from their team.

07-05-2017

Yes the BBs should suffer the same penalty when they fire from MAX distance. 2 kills in max range in under 1 min is not right.

Burning BBs is right.

Citadels for cruisers is right.

Accurate torps from smoke is right.

Be able to have MAX accuracy from smoke is wrong.

It is not that 2 DDs 1 cruiser and a BB can stay in the smoke for ALL the duration of a game.

It is that you can not attack a formation like that.

I dont have a problem with 1 DD or 1 cruiser be in the smoke.

The only defence in a smoke with multiple ships in it, is to run, run, run and hope that you are out of their firing range.

BBs stay in the edges and snipe and the rest in the smoke hoping someone comes close. (I will NOT stay at the edge, I will die).

Edited by AMONAS1

Players
1,064 posts
4,944 battles

Allow me to quote myself, from something I posted an hour ago.

The game is on a straight course to become world of BBs, yet the BBabies' whining is strong as ever

• Cool 3

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
1,337 posts
5,920 battles

Smoke is deployed and 3 ships are in it. No hydro No radar. They have MAX accurasy because they get my position from their team.

FAIR?

They can go into smoke and take my position from their team but having MAX accurasy without your own targeting system is UNFAIR.

What if they use torps out of the smoke? Did you take into consideration that some ships a balanced around their smoke? You are not a new player and should know by now how to counter smoke. Maybe you should question yourself if you can do something differently.

Players
2,831 posts
19,473 battles

vote for more accurate posting  -> yes!

i hate minimum effort rage topics.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,664 battles

So many chances for me to post my copy-paste memes :D

62582362_p0.jpg

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

how do you think gunnery crews hit targets over the horizon in real life? they generally had a plane or another ship closer to the target transmitting their volley results and recommending aim corrections. that is represented in game by players seeing what their team has spotted (within radio range)

christ! At this rate the BBabies are going to over take the Teaboos as the most selfentitled players again... t'was a short reign y'all:teethhappy:

Players
1,373 posts

We can debate that idea if and when you agree, that the same mechanic should apply to all instances of ships not spoting their target on their own. I'll spell it out for you, yes? That would mean a nerf to BB accuracy when shooting at anything other than another BB, since they rarely are close enough to the enemy to even spot cruisers, let alone DDs, on their own. In that light: yes, brilliant idea, implement asap. 

Edited by tenacious_torps
  • Cool 2

Players
671 posts
2,371 battles

FAIR?

When ships are in the smoke they must have biger dispersion on their guns. They dont see me they take my position from their team.

It's called spotting, the same thing you use with artillery when you call in coordinates. 

Players
2,385 posts
15,508 battles

So many chances for me to post my copy-paste memes

Admit it. You just want to advertise your drawing. :trollface:

BTW OP, your poll suggests ships inside a smoke should be penalised when shooting out of it.

[CATS]
Players
26,790 posts
14,375 battles

FAIR?

As you have too when you shoot ships that you do not spot youself.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,664 battles

Admit it. You just want to advertise your drawing. :trollface:

I can neither confirm nor deny.:teethhappy:

Players
2,385 posts
15,508 battles

Ladies and Gentlemen: intelligence employee. ^^  :honoring:

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

As you have too when you shoot ships that you do not spot youself.

No, OP clearly has no problem with shootingvtargets his team's DD spots for him

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,645 battles

Smoke is static so are ships in smoke . They anoy you and you dont have the Tools or eyesight to aim at muzzleflaches? why should THEY get an Penalty for it? either learn how to Play Radar sonar ships yourselfs or torp teh Cloud or go somewere else. Unless ist a Perth the smoke wont follow and even with her just slowly. 1st all cry about invis fire from open water and now some ships that are forced to smoke up to get some damage down anoy you? togh luck THIS is what all the whiners wanted and WG delivered.....Ist also not Fair to get into a open water map in a Cruiser you tend to end game with less than 10k Damage at time........

Edited by Spellfire40

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

FAIR?

If you want it more realistic, you'd have to lower the accuracy when ships are detected by radar/sonar and shot in smoke, and bb-accuracy at long range, etc. ..but I doubt it's fairness or realism you're really seeking here.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Lol... the number of crying threads today is hilarious.

It's just like the BBaby bingo board, we had a "HE OP PLZ NERF!" now we have a "smoke op!" thread... who's up for doing the "TORPEDOES STUPID OP" thread?

To the OP, honestly by this point I really don't have anything constructive to say other than "l2p" and "git gud". There are COUNTLESS resources online, especially on Youtube with Notser, iChase (not the biggest fan nowadays) and Flamu who is an exceptional player and well worth watching his commentaries. Put some effort into learning the game and you will improve, pointless crying on the forums asking for WG to buff your apparent lack of skill just makes you look like a fool. Sadly WG seem to listen to you lunatics and it's steadily ruining the game. I miss the good old days of CBT!

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles

Do you realise the complexity of what your asking WG to do to every single ship in WOWS? we would suffer months of problems due to this, and I think the vote update so far says it all.

Supertester
1,049 posts
2,334 battles

Moooom, it's unfair! Make them stop!

Also, the gameplay isn't supposed to be that realistic, if you haven't noticed.

Oh, and not like battleships are stronk enough, amirite?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
13,912 posts
19,734 battles

FAIR?

Yes.

Also mandatory Bbingo

bbbingo.jpg

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
1,676 posts
13,332 battles

Ladies and Gentlemen: intelligence employee. ^^  :honoring:

Hahaha it reminded me a bit of Oliver North.

To paraphrase him, dasCKD could have stated:

"I have absolutely no recollection if it was meant as an advertisement or not - my memory has been shredded" :D

• Cool 1