You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jack_Sparrow123

Games are toooooo quick

79 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
12,644 battles

I dont know how to solve this problem, but it`s really problem to destroy all ships, because no time, because caps. 6 of 10 my games ends 1000 points reached, 3 ends all ships destroyed and 1 maybe is where last ship hide and team has to wait for 1000 points. Maybe not +3 points per cap but +2?

Edited by Jupollo
  • Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,074 posts

I have to agree.

Multiple times game ends for me when in "element". There is a special enjoyment "finishing" the enemies, but the game usually ends in the most action pack situations.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

I think the points progression is fine.

Without a sense of urgency when the enemy is holding more capture points than you, we just get the camping gameplay of standard battle but in domination as well.

You take the good with the bad. On one hand you lose out on getting to mop up all the ships on the enemy team when you are winning, but on the other hand you don't have to sit out every lost battle until your team is completely sunk.

You're also not always going to personally be in a position to capitalize on the sinking of the remaining enemy ships, and in those cases you're just wasting time waiting for your team to do it.

• Cool 6

[AXIS]
Players
725 posts
14,295 battles

agreed. in domination mode the game tends to be over with the losing team usually having 3-5 ships left...

i´d suggest reducing the cap points to +2 instead of +3/+4.

Players
662 posts
11,080 battles

It is because WG changed repair costs system to pay full repair costs for all.  Now players rush at start of game to make any damage before game ends so they can cover repair costs, or at least compensate it little bit. Basically now it is bad if your team beats enemy too fast, simply you have no time and opportunities to make big damage in those cases. This is more typical in high tiers.

Players
153 posts
12,644 battles

Camping battle? You say how 1 team woud sit in bunkers and other had to attack them. It`s open sea ok with some mountains etc. but it`s not problem to find enemy and fight can start. Maps are simply to small for camping. I would rather sometimes sacrifice my ship when my team are campers, than start each battle with thoughts it probably again ends quickly because of caps. Really a lot of matches: 3 ships left, 4 ships, 2 ships sometimes half of a team, just because 1 side lost DD battle about caps.... Why u need urgency? I think each player push BATTLE! button because want to play and have fun not to always watch at points bar hmmmm Game soon ends... There are really few battles when you have to wait long because of chasing left ships.... maybe 5% in my games.... I really like this game, but this is so annoying.

Edited by Jupollo

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
8,252 battles
  • Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,075 posts
11,104 battles

Damn, and here I though I had a shot at the record for a match won in 4 minutes 22 seconds.

Beta Tester
1,002 posts
15,877 battles

I blame the MM for all of this, i think theres something very wrong there, say it all you want, but this conspiracy illusion is way too real - games are onesided slaugter MOST of the time, because it seems like one team gets all of the [edited]and the other practicaly none. It just cant be that one team goes to one spot and then proceeds to the other, holds two points or tries to push others as one, while as the other team cuddles in a corner or that one cap point and doesnt do anything else, doesnt even move out of it, playing the game i either feel invincible or uterly useless, where my random shots one shot ships or point blank aimed ones dont do anything. If you drew the short straw before the start of the game - theres nothing in it you can do but your personal best, but you will still lose, or you can be AFK and your team will win because you were lucky. Lots of fun. Winning any game doesnt feel like something special any more as there was no challenge in it, one team just melted down, while as losing feels more frustrating because everything ended way to fast and you couldnt even do anything to change it, even if it was going well for you.

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

agreed. that's why i don't bother with the standard battle. at least the games last longer in standard.

The problem is that standard can be even worse, often standard battle just results in the two teams circling each other around the map and racing each other to cap.

The real problem here is the randomness of the MM often creating two highly imbalanced teams resulting in far too many quick landslides, not so much a problem with domination itself and more the lack of any kind of skill-based matchmaking.

[CATS]
Players
26,719 posts
14,317 battles

I dont know how to solve this problem, but 6 of 10 my games ends 1000 points reached, 3 ends all ships destroyed and 1 maybe is where last ship hide and team has to wait for 1000 points. Maybe not +3 points per cap but +2?

Maybe because it is the game objective to get 1000 points?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,785 posts
16,863 battles

wows.jpg

And the thrill of clobbering enemies to death with nothing but superior numbers lies where?

If a battle is decided it is decided, no need to add insult to injury.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

I've proposed various other game modes, but would at least like to see one without capping.

Sometimes the enemy dominates at the start, because one wing of your team gets roflstomped, but then you do your best, fight back hard, your team gives 100%, your team regains two out of three caps, you are this close to sinking their last ship, while your team has two or more ships left, but that one final point ticks over.

Your mission is a failure.

Umm, what?
That is not how naval battles work?

We sank all your ships except one, how DARE you declare victory!
Fake news!

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

And the thrill of clobbering enemies to death with nothing but superior numbers lies where?

If a battle is decided it is decided, no need to add insult to injury.

Perhaps he wanted to play the game rather than have his time wasted. Perhaps the remaining four enemy ships wanted to also simply play the game? Try to salvage as many credits and XP out of the situation, perhaps try to make a comeback?

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,785 posts
16,863 battles

Perhaps he wanted to play the game rather than have his time wasted. Perhaps the remaining four enemy ships wanted to also simply play the game? Try to salvage as many credits and XP out of the situation, perhaps try to make a comeback?

How about the losing side wants to play a fresh game instead of having their time wasted too? Playing whipping boy is only so much fun, so perhaps better to lose a doomed game fast for a chance for more credits and XP next game? And of course reversals are possible and one of the best moments of gaming, however rare, especially given the situation as per the screenshot.

If it was a landslide victory it should be over fast, not 10 extra minutes of mopping up hapeless victims.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

How about the losing side wants to play a fresh game instead of having their time wasted too? Playing whipping boy is only so much fun, so perhaps better to lose a doomed game fast for a chance for more credits and XP next game? And of course reversals are possible and one of the best moments of gaming, however rare, especially given the situation as per the screenshot.

If it was a landslide victory it should be over fast, not 10 extra minutes of mopping up hapeless victims.

I don't understand that mindset at all. I would rather fight tooth and nail for every last bit of credits and XP I can get even in a losing cause, and would rather have the chance to make a comeback and try to carry the game. If some defeatist crybabies want to get into their next game quicker because their team lost 3 or 4 ships in quick succession then that's their problem and the game shouldn't pander to them.

The game has a habitual problem of ending too soon right now, in both wins and losses, and it ruins a lot of people's enjoyment of it. Why should a team be punished for doing too well? Why are valiant last stands denied because too many teammates died too quickly beyond that person's control? If people want the game to end sooner, they can always quit battle, people who want to play on have no such option. I can't count the number of times I've been wishing for a teammate to die to extend the game a little bit more, it's a sign of a game design in need of reform when that happens.

Edited by rvfharrier
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,785 posts
16,863 battles

I don't understand that mindset at all. I would rather fight tooth and nail for every last bit of credits and XP I can get even in a losing cause, and would rather have the chance to make a comeback and try to carry the game. If some defeatist crybabies want to get into their next game quicker because their team lost 3 or 4 ships in quick succession then that's their problem and the game shouldn't pander to them.

The game has a habitual problem of ending too soon right now, in both wins and losses, and it ruins a lot of people's enjoyment of it. Why should a team be punished for doing too well? Why are valiant last stands denied because too many teammates died too quickly beyond that person's control? If people want the game to end sooner, they can always quit battle, people who want to play on have no such option. I can't count the number of times I've been wishing for a teammate to die to extend the game a little bit more, it's a sign of a game design in need of reform when that happens.

While it is considered good sports to fight to the finish, however it is also considered good sports to not turn a game/battle into a one-sided slaughter.
  • Cool 1

Players
153 posts
12,644 battles

While it is considered good sports to fight to the finish, however it is also considered good sports to not turn a game/battle into a one-sided slaughter.

It`s PC game not Roman "games" in Collosseum.

Beta Tester
598 posts

It`s PC game not Roman "games" in Collosseum.

Nothing fun about being hunted as the last ship, just because you're damage.

Nothing fun about hunting the last ship to farm damage.

Fun is playing the objectives and WIN the game.

The 1000 point "limit" or 15 minute "limit" is a good compromise I find, it hopefully forces people to commit (to get damage).

What could be nice, is upping the points for capture point defence, and capture point capture.

• Cool 1

Players
153 posts
12,644 battles

Nothing fun about being hunted as the last ship, just because you're damage.

Nothing fun about hunting the last ship to farm damage.

Fun is playing the objectives and WIN the game.

The 1000 point "limit" or 15 minute "limit" is a good compromise I find, it hopefully forces people to commit (to get damage).

What could be nice, is upping the points for capture point defence, and capture point capture.

yes but this type of games is maybe each 10th or 20th. All remaining are racing with time...

It`s really fun to score 1000 points and go to port leaving sometimes half of enemy fleet on the sea.

Edited by Jupollo