You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Talladega_Night

The kind of Matchmaking that needs to stop

64 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

When ever i see matchmaking like this regardless of what class i am playing, the match just becomes a big old clusterfrack and for me at least not enjoyable at any tier. Torpedo soupe everywhere, not enough crusiers to deal with DD and CVs just dominate BB's. Opinios anyone?

shityy_mm_by_ajax_with_a_camara-db85b8z.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Relatively simple relation. Recent BB overpopulation has made playing cruisers less and less attractive for an increasing number of people. That and the increased numbers of BBs encourage playing DDs which are one of the classes least penalized by large numbers of BBs (more big slow ships to torpedo). That also indirectly leads to making cruisers yet even less attractive as the odd couple ones still playing are typically detected more often and will be targeted proportionally often by the increased number of BBs.

Too many BBs around making for nice targets for DDs and making life hard for DD counters result in more DDs being played.

Maybe a couple months of torpedo soup is exactly what we need to cull the BB overpopulation down to more normal levels at which point cruisers will become more feasible and attractive as counter to the DDs, which in turn would hopefully decrease the DD numbers back to normal levels aswell.

Edited by Aotearas
  • Cool 10

[K_N_M]
Players
294 posts
5,673 battles

Yes torpedo and smoke fests (5 DDs + 1 smoke cruiser on average) are a problem. Makes the game very static. No BB wants to even get close to where DDs might be hiding (and they are everywhere).

CVs typically not a problem. Yes if he's good and really wants you then you are dead. But there are just too few of them.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
184 posts
19,594 battles

Had simmilar game yesterday with 1 CV, 5 BB's, 5 DD's and ONLY 1 cruiser per team! 2 of our DD's died less than 2 mins from the start and the game ended fast for our team...

I think they have to make changes in the MM like in WOT of equal ammount of tiers and ship types to 1 CV, 4 BB's 5 CA's and 2 DD's per team

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

1 CV, 4 BB's 5 CA's and 2 DD's per team

somthing like that would be good, i would change it to 1cv, 4bb,4ca, and 3dd per team. 3 destoryers seems to be the sweet spot, spooting gets dones, capping gets done, and just enough smoke cover happens to not be a pain.

whats strange is that i see a lot of 1DD per side matches as well whle other games have 10dds. one would think they could spread them out a bit more.

Edited by Captain_Placeholder

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles

Had simmilar game yesterday with 1 CV, 5 BB's, 5 DD's and ONLY 1 cruiser per team! 2 of our DD's died less than 2 mins from the start and the game ended fast for our team...

I think they have to make changes in the MM like in WOT of equal ammount of tiers and ship types to 1 CV, 4 BB's 5 CA's and 2 DD's per team

So you basicly want setups to be perfect for BBs? There's no reason whatsoever that BBs should be setup to be more common than DDs.

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
184 posts
19,594 battles

So you basicly want setups to be perfect for BBs? There's no reason whatsoever that BBs should be setup to be more common than DDs.

Hm... didnt think about that! I play all types of ships, but mainly BB's so i might imperceptibly make good setup for them :D

Another idea, 4 ships of each type (12 players) and if there is CV in queue some games to be with 13 players per team!

Thats my best idea i can came up with!

Players
503 posts
1,954 battles

To be fair, no classes like DD heavy matches, DDs least of all (maybe with an exception for gunboats). 4 BBs aren't really too much of a hassle to play around though it probably shouldn't be the average number of BBs per match, ideally. 4 DDs or more can lead to some boring matches depending on which ships you have on your team 

I agree with OP that 3 DDs is the sweetspot, 2 works as well depending on which DDs you get (RU gunboats vs stealthy DDs etc.) 

Then you can have 3-4 BBs, 1 CV and the rest as CL/CAs

While we're talking about DD matchmaking I'd like for there to be a distinction between DDs that are good at capping and those that are not in the MM. Having 2 Khabas on one side vs 2 Z-52s on the other in a domination match is like handing one side the victory since one side can't really cap safely due to bad concealment.

[NWP]
Players
2,709 posts
16,586 battles

OP, the only way to avoid that is drop that BB grind for a while and start grinding some CL. You'll have less issues with those DDs

[DAVY]
Players
2,787 posts
13,869 battles

why don't you try playing cruisers then OP instead of BB?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

why don't you try playing cruisers then OP instead of BB?

World of tanks has class limits in the Matchmaking, No reason Warships can not do the same. I would gladly wait the little bit extra time to get into a match to play a class I enjoy in a balanced match.

[DAVY]
Players
2,787 posts
13,869 battles

World of tanks has class limits in the Matchmaking, No reason Warships can not do the same. I would gladly wait the little bit extra time to get into a match to play a class I enjoy in a balanced match.

but since there aren't enough CA players how long would you be waiting? or do you think the cruisers play battles only with other cruisers?

but you are the problem, because you only want to play BB's...

Edited by Salentine

Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

but since there aren't enough CA players how long would you be waiting? or do you think the cruisers play battles only with other cruisers?

but you are the problem, because you only want to play BB's...

where have i said in only want to play BB's? I said a class i enjoy, DD's being another one. I also don't like 5dd's per side when I am in a destroyer. I just happened to be in my FDG when i took this screenshot.

Players
1,418 posts
10,958 battles

The main problem in this particular game is that DD are T10 and they have no counter (only T8 CV, not enough cruisers). Lots of HP (hard to kill), walls of invisible torps, deadly guns with +2 tier fire chance.

The cancer of WoWS in general is being -2 tiered, which most of the time means you have to struggle instead of having fair game and fun.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles

The main problem in this particular game is that DD are T10 and they have no counter (only T8 CV, not enough cruisers). Lots of HP (hard to kill), walls of invisible torps, deadly guns with +2 tier fire chance.

The cancer of WoWS in general is being -2 tiered, which most of the time means you have to struggle instead of having fair game and fun.

Lowest survival rate ships with lowest damage done have no counters...

You just can't make up jokes like this if you tried.

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

I have solution for your issues .

Don't play BB , get an USN cruiser or a Carrier and be very happy that there is pedo soup instead of BB soup .

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,443 posts
7,206 battles

When ever i see matchmaking like this regardless of what class i am playing, the match just becomes a big old clusterfrack and for me at least not enjoyable at any tier. Torpedo soupe everywhere, not enough crusiers to deal with DD and CVs just dominate BB's. Opinios anyone?

shityy_mm_by_ajax_with_a_camara-db85b8z.

Simple result in players playing stronky BBs and torpy DDs while CAs seem to be less favourable because stronky BBss everywhere.

MM takes what it gets. Simple as that. Not the MMs fault, but due to balancing and players mind there is no other choice.

I dont want hardcaps, I dont want the same battles over and over again.

Players
1,418 posts
10,958 battles

Lowest survival rate ships with lowest damage done have no counters...

You just can't make up jokes like this if you tried.

Hello? Anybody home? I wrote "in this particular game".

4x T10 DD vs what -- a single NewOrleans?

from the other side a bit better: Missouri + Moines, but still this is 2 vs 4. 

And there is also 5th DD which has to be taken care of.

Don't tell me about CV.. most of them has DD in "high regard" and focuses on "dealing dmg" to the fatter targets.

Supertester
1,049 posts
2,334 battles

I still don't see the struggle in a +2 matchmaker, I'm not especially competetive of me nor am I a great player - but I quite enjoy the matchmaker as it is anyway.

Then again, I was fine with the +3 in WoT too.

EDIT; To clarify, I'm not saying that the matchmaker doesn't have problems.

Edited by Devantejah

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles

Hello? Anybody home? I wrote "in this particular game".

4x T10 DD vs what -- a single NewOrleans?

from the other side a bit better: Missouri + Moines, but still this is 2 vs 4. 

And there is also 5th DD which has to be taken care of.

Don't tell me about CV.. most of them has DD in "high regard" and focuses on "dealing dmg" to the fatter targets.

Point is, and is part of the reason for the overall stats of DDs, there are actually 5 DDs to counter the DDs on the other team. That's beside CVs who can hardcounter at least the non-gearings (but that while they will struggle against gearings with def fire available can still keep them spotted and spot torps they launch) and also the sonars and radars available on the CAs and BBs (3 out of 7 BBs on those teams have either radar or sonar).

Players
1,418 posts
10,958 battles

Point is, and is part of the reason for the overall stats of DDs, there are actually 5 DDs to counter the DDs on the other team. That's beside CVs who can hardcounter at least the non-gearings (but that while they will struggle against gearings with def fire available can still keep them spotted and spot torps they launch) and also the sonars and radars available on the CAs and BBs (3 out of 7 BBs on those teams have either radar or sonar).

Point is, such a game is reduced to "DD vs DD" duel, and if by some accident 5 vs 5 ends with 4:0 or even 3:0, the team remaining with "0" is in very sad position.

Position which has "0" common with "fair play" or "equal chances". 

Good luck with your "sonar" vs Gearing torps, not to mention that 1) the consumable wears off quite fast and only slows/somewhat reduces the threat 2) torping is only one of many aspects which cause unequal chances...

Are you really telling that for example domination game 2x Bismarck vs 2x Gearing is OK?

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
10,983 battles

Point is, such a game is reduced to "DD vs DD" duel, and if by some accident 5 vs 5 ends with 4:0 or even 3:0, the team remaining with "0" is in very sad position.

Position which has "0" common with "fair play" or "equal chances". 

Good luck with your "sonar" vs Gearing torps, not to mention that 1) the consumable wears off quite fast and only slows/somewhat reduces the threat 2) torping is only one of many aspects which cause unequal chances...

Are you really telling that for example domination game 2x Bismarck vs 2x Gearing is OK?

So if one side plays better and gets an advantage it's bad if it's the DDs.. (and again, even with a DD advantage that can easily be countered by the other ships on those teams).

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Since when do DD fight other DD? This one is new to me.

Beta Tester
5,214 posts
24,008 battles

Lol, you re joking, right? How exactly 2 DDs is an equal ammount of ship types with 4 BBs or with 5 cruisers?

You re a BBbaby, right? :D

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,876 battles

What a Load of tosh... 

There are 5 counters to Destroyers on each team...The 5  DESTROYERS on the other team.

This game is fun because of its variance. Sometimes you are in BB heavy, sometimes DD heavy. CA/CL not so often as at high tier they are hard to play..

Funny thing is BB players think they will do better with Lass DD in match.. Dream on baby. Most DD players smile insanely when they see only 1 or 2 DD per team. As I posted on another thread High tier (6-10) DD make up 25% of ships brought to battle. There is no issue.

-2 match making.. Again tosh. More of a challenge yes. But the only ships really Adversely affected by -2 MM is CVs.  In a CV you can forget attacking a BB or CA/CL in the first half of the battle, as they still have most of there AA

Do they? what limits are they? only one I can think  off is a limit to SPG.. Just look at latest MM fix and it says nothing about limiting class of tank

There is rely only 1 issue with DD match making which if i remember correctly has been fixed. That was the matches when you got 5 DD on 1 team and 2 on the other

Edited by T0byJug