You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Armo1000

New Game modes Please! (the current state of game development needs to change)

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
685 posts
650 battles

More game modes are all i have ever wanted from this game for a long while now. Playing randoms over and over for what is years at this point with no change in game play is getting very boring.

I feel as if the game is wasting is potential. The core game play is decent but if that is all you have in a game then people are going to get bored and leave the game. I have started to see this unfortunately in some cases of old players who have been here since the beginning.

(gregor makes some good points on why he left the game)

WG seems to be focusing mostly on the addition of new ships which of course is needed but there has to be a balance in content. And unfortunately the players dont help this situation as all they seem to ask for is new ships, demanding them which a total lack of foresight for the games future. New ships wont give his game more variety(not at this point at least)or make it more fun. And the game has ultimately felt the same to me at core for most its life as a result of this.

Any new game mode to mix up the game play a bit a fully utilise the games potential would be very welcome.

I would love to see Historical battles, axis vs allies mode, and battles with more structure/objectives to actually feel like im playing in a fleet and not a random mess of ships from random nations all over the world. Also more interesting maps would be great.

I know they are working on co-op battles which is good news and i hope this mode works out and paves the way for more actual game play content. But i still feel that giving us more variety in the game has been an afterthought from the devs because of this constant demand for new ships.

I am interested to hear what ideas people have for new modes in order to spice up the game.

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Historical battles was done in WoT for a while. It didn't last. Simply because when it came to the British vs the Germans on the Torbuk map, the Germans ALWAYS won. It's a great idea, but frankly it doesn't work in reality when you confront all the balancing issues. I mean, look at War Thunder. I can count on one hand the number of games I've won playing as the Brits/USA vs Russian on the Korean map. The Russian aircraft are so artificially buffed they just rofl stomp over everything.

Wargaming tried adding new modes. We got Bastion, neat idea... terrible implimentation... removed. We got Epicenter... meh idea... has next to no implications for gameplay and instead of forcing confrontations on maps like Tears of the Desert it's just a bloody camp fest with the BB's all hiding behind the islands and any DD that tries to cap the centre just gets facerolled.

At this point, even standard battles are pretty meh. I much prefer Domination over any of the game modes especially since it allows DD's to play an objective where they can have the most impact. Honestly, at this point I don't know what WG could do for new game modes.

As for maps, they're fairly decent however I do dislike how more and more of them feel like they're being pushed towards CQC style of fighting. I for one actually didn't mind the Ocean map. It was a pain for certain classes like US DD's however out of all of them I guess it was the most authentic. I would however like to see maps based off of historical locations. Like a map off the Salerno landings, or off the coast of Greenland for the controntation with Hood Vs Bismarck. Perhaps something like Guadalcanal or Midway, Iwo Jima, Solomon Islands etc. So many scenarios they could use for some intersting map design however I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Btw OP, you've played less than 600 games? Are you burnt out with the grind already?

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,431 posts
3,350 battles

No matter what they do, they need to increase the server populace soon because some 20k-odd in prime-time isn't much to build a future on sadly... :unsure:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
685 posts
650 battles

Btw OP, you've played less than 600 games? Are you burnt out with the grind already?

True i have not played thousands of games. but frankly i dont have the time to or really want to. I play this game for fun and not to grind endlessly i get no joy what so ever is grinding all day long. However i have been with this game since Alpha(and active on the forums way before we even had screenshots of the game) and have seen how this game has developed and only wish for its success as naval war games are far a few between.

Also why do people feel the need to nose into players stats the moment anyone post anything like its a measure of the validity of their point or something. 

Edited by Armo1000
  • Cool 2

Players
163 posts

Historical battles was done in WoT for a while. It didn't last. Simply because when it came to the British vs the Germans on the Torbuk map, the Germans ALWAYS won. It's a great idea, but frankly it doesn't work in reality when you confront all the balancing issues. I mean, look at War Thunder. I can count on one hand the number of games I've won playing as the Brits/USA vs Russian on the Korean map. The Russian aircraft are so artificially buffed they just rofl stomp over everything.

Wargaming tried adding new modes. We got Bastion, neat idea... terrible implimentation... removed. We got Epicenter... meh idea... has next to no implications for gameplay and instead of forcing confrontations on maps like Tears of the Desert it's just a bloody camp fest with the BB's all hiding behind the islands and any DD that tries to cap the centre just gets facerolled.

At this point, even standard battles are pretty meh. I much prefer Domination over any of the game modes especially since it allows DD's to play an objective where they can have the most impact. Honestly, at this point I don't know what WG could do for new game modes.

As for maps, they're fairly decent however I do dislike how more and more of them feel like they're being pushed towards CQC style of fighting. I for one actually didn't mind the Ocean map. It was a pain for certain classes like US DD's however out of all of them I guess it was the most authentic. I would however like to see maps based off of historical locations. Like a map off the Salerno landings, or off the coast of Greenland for the controntation with Hood Vs Bismarck. Perhaps something like Guadalcanal or Midway, Iwo Jima, Solomon Islands etc. So many scenarios they could use for some intersting map design however I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Change Bastions with submarine bunkers and you have a winner. You get a cap and 4/5 subs leave the bunker to attack the enemy. Each time a sub is sunk after a 1 minute a sub  leaves the bunker. You must destroy the bunker to end new subs leaving the bunker (not capping = bunkers can't switch sides).

Edited by anonym_UgMNTuWYVfiQ
  • Cool 1

Players
2,385 posts
15,466 battles

WG needs to balance new modes around its player base. It simply might not be big enough to have more of them. Noone wants to wait ages to get into battle.

Remember that lot of people also is after playing its national navies and we not only still have no British BBs around, French have only cruiser to play and Italians have 1 ship so far. And ships are what draws people to the game.

With time I think WG is going to release new pvp modes. Definitely not before Co-Op gets overhaul though I think.

Alpha Tester
685 posts
650 battles

WG needs to balance new modes around its player base. It simply might not be big enough to have more of them. Noone wants to wait ages to get into battle.

Remember that lot of people also is after playing its national navies and we not only still have no British BBs around, French have only cruiser to play and Italians have 1 ship so far. And ships are what draws people to the game.

With time I think WG is going to release new pvp modes. Definitely not before Co-Op gets overhaul though I think.

Some PvE modes would be a good addition. If they manage something like what armoured warfare had it could prove quite successful and be a good distraction from the normal PvP content till they add more modes.
  • Cool 1

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Already made this suggestion.

See the Questions of the Community thread and the Suggestions thread linked in my sig.

Alpha Tester
685 posts
650 battles

Already made this suggestion.

See the Questions of the Community thread and the Suggestions thread linked in my sig.

An excellent thread. You make some very good suggestions which frankly I can't see why WG or anyone else has not thought of yet. Nice to see I'm not the only one striving for more game modes and the proper historical use of the ships we have in game. I find it a bit frustrating that the community in general does t seem to care about this in general. Hardly see anyone asking for new modes and game play features.

The modes you suggest are exactly my thinking and will make this game so much more than what it is currently. Especially for naval history buffs like myself who only play this game for fun and for historical reasons so don't feel right playing for example a HMS Warspite allied with German destroyers fighting in a Pacific map.

i really hope WG takes your suggestions into account to achieve the naval war game we all deserve.

Edited by Armo1000
  • Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i would like to see sudden death mode. every 4 minutes ships in the last line die and that line becomes unavailable. so first you begin with 10x10 map, after 4 minutes ships in lines 1, 10, A and J die and map becomes 8x8, after another 4 minutes repeat killing and map becomes 6x6 etc.

would promote faster gameplay, but idk if it would be balanced...

• Cool 1

Players
16 posts
6,721 battles

I would love to see a maybe 5-5 DD vs. DD, CA vs CA, BB vs BB

everyone versus everyone 

smaller team battles and maybe matches with 20 ships on each side or even more

etc.