Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Titanity

Minotaur in smoke...

30 comments in this topic

Players
82 posts
12,889 battles

Just made this little clip for you all to see :)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
708 posts

I dont .... it is broken as hell... remove smoke or the abaility to shot from it .....

mang

• Funny 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Seriously, I don't get all the crying over Minotaurs in smoke. Have you seen the size of it's citadel? If you're in a BB, launch your spotter plane. It has an elevated viewpoint. Wait for him to fire, you have the perfect elevation to see where he is in the smoke. Fire, oh look... 3x citadel hits and he's dead. There is a reason why they can pump out so much DPM, they get wrecked if you so much as look at them.

• Cool 6

Players
164 posts
2,982 battles

Just made this little clip for you all to see :)

dont worry, your momy will be proud of you as is any other mom proud of her special kid playing BB

and the effort to show it here...

• Cool 1

Players
671 posts
2,371 battles

Seriously, I don't get all the crying over Minotaurs in smoke. Have you seen the size of it's citadel? If you're in a BB, launch your spotter plane. It has an elevated viewpoint. Wait for him to fire, you have the perfect elevation to see where he is in the smoke. Fire, oh look... 3x citadel hits and he's dead. There is a reason why they can pump out so much DPM, they get wrecked if you so much as look at them.

Because a lot of BB players are useless potatoes and take offence that a CL can stack 30k damage on them in a couple of minutes. 

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Because a lot of BB players are useless potatoes and take offence that a CL can stack 30k damage on them in a couple of minutes. 

Mate, if you're broadside on to a Minotaur and don't try to angle he can be landing 5-6k per salvo with a reload of just a few seconds. It absolutely wrecks BB's show dare to show their side. 30k can be done in literally 30 seconds if that. But yeah, BB's don't like the idea that they're not the biggest deal on the ocean.

[IRN]
Players
513 posts
10,217 battles

I'm still on Edimbrough so I tryed Minotaur only on PTS.

It's a "all in" ship. U can be lucky with MM (no radar ships) an with maps (she loves islands) and she will be dominant. Or you will be unlucky and if you a great and lucky player you will struggle, or just bad or just unlucky and you will be dead as 1st blood.

[NWP]
Players
2,723 posts
16,670 battles

I dont .... it is broken as hell... remove smoke or the abaility to shot from it .....

mang

You haven't played the UK CL have you?
  • Cool 1

Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

You haven't played the UK CL have you?

I think we have ordinary story here, he was killed or got his [edited]beaten by minotaur in smoke. Anything that kills potato is too OP. Because potato doesent have enough brain capacity to think what to do or how to counter it. So everytime she is killed it must be nerfed. Next time shes killed by shima torps she demands that torps should be spotted 6km away or taken away for good.

Im satisfied with current RN cruisers, they are bad and good at same time.

Beta Tester
438 posts
3,005 battles

mang

Please point where on your ship and how much ammunition it used when it touched you. 

[DREAD]
Players
9,717 posts
6,864 battles

Elevated perspective yes but also double the dispersion.

I agree it can be enjoyable firing from smoke cover yourself  but it is a questionable game mechanic for cruiser. I fon't have a problem with DDs using it but MK and all Brit cruisers ... Don't like it because it makes games even more stale. Would would be good would be mechanics that foster aggressive play rather than more camping.

Players
349 posts
2,320 battles

I've mentioned this before as this is surprisingly easy to do and too many people leave them alone when they are undetected. The majority of times I shoot a broadside Minotaur in smoke I get at least one citadel hit.

[DREAD]
Players
9,717 posts
6,864 battles

Well yes. The ship is big and the citadel even bigger....

But still - do you find that camping in smoke or be deleted adds to an overall better gameplay experience?

I would at least question that.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
177 posts
3,201 battles

Have you actually seen the damage it can do to a monty if its aim is true? A salvo will hit for 5-10k thats a hell of a lot more than 30k in a few minutes.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,094 battles

Have you actually seen the damage it can do to a monty if its aim is true? A salvo will hit for 5-10k thats a hell of a lot more than 30k in a few minutes.

have you seen what a monty can do in 1 salvo to a minotaur? yea probably because they get citadel like the whole damn ship is a asking for it

its a 2 way street pal with a minotaur and its sodding hard to get that perfect positioning with em where they will dominate a bb

lets be honest if your broadside and close to a minotaur you have seriously screwed up or the minotaur player is damn good and in both cases it don't happen often

I personally love the minotaur but compared to the Neptune I am crap in it and can not get the damn ship to perform as well as others seem to do

as for bbs complaining its op go on pts and take it for a spin for atleast 10 games and you will probably start to see its massive weakness (citadel everywhere) and you will start and understand how hard they are to play

now a Neptune my god that ship is nice and I'm gonna buy it back one day when I get the credits

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
339 posts
19,090 battles

I love the Minotaur, it is very fragile and takes patience and skill to be succesful. It is easily deleted by almost everyone when spotted so playing it is kind of like balancing on a knife edge, get it right,,,fantastic, get it wrong or make a mistake,,,,,goodbye. I do not think it is OP at all, as has been said if your in a broadside BB being wrecked by a Mino then its most likely your own fault ! 

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
177 posts
3,201 battles

have you seen what a monty can do in 1 salvo to a minotaur? yea probably because they get citadel like the whole damn ship is a asking for it

its a 2 way street pal with a minotaur and its sodding hard to get that perfect positioning with em where they will dominate a bb

lets be honest if your broadside and close to a minotaur you have seriously screwed up or the minotaur player is damn good and in both cases it don't happen often

I personally love the minotaur but compared to the Neptune I am crap in it and can not get the damn ship to perform as well as others seem to do

as for bbs complaining its op go on pts and take it for a spin for atleast 10 games and you will probably start to see its massive weakness (citadel everywhere) and you will start and understand how hard they are to play

now a Neptune my god that ship is nice and I'm gonna buy it back one day when I get the credits

You misunderstand, i love it, idc if people think its OP, 

:D

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

Which is why you have to park angled in the smoke, reduces the chance of this happening.

Minotaur is like feast or famine ships, it can shred broadside BBs if it gets the chance, but it can also get easily deleted and struggles with the campy long range meta when most BB players just run away.

Played a game last night was an ok game, about 140k damage in total, but twice two enemy Yamatos just ran away as soon as I started firing against them and ran for the corner. Of course they lost the game terribly, but I strayed ever so slightly too close to a Bbismarck that was about to go down and the Yamatos deleted me from full HP from like 20km. Which is why I don't think the Minotaur should ever get nerfed, it deserves that damage potential because it's so fragile, if they nerf the rate of fire then seems only fair they should take the citadel out of it completely. When BB players can play that badly, especially in the best BB in the game and they still delete you from 20km I can't ever see a Cruiser being OP in comparison. 

Map was tears of the desert or tears of the cruisers as Flamu calls it, hard work for ships like the Minotaur with the BB babies like they are. 

Players
671 posts
2,371 battles

Mate, if you're broadside on to a Minotaur and don't try to angle he can be landing 5-6k per salvo with a reload of just a few seconds. It absolutely wrecks BB's show dare to show their side. 30k can be done in literally 30 seconds if that. But yeah, BB's don't like the idea that they're not the biggest deal on the ocean.

Yep, I have the Minotaur, you can still stack 30k on a BB even when it's angled by targeting the super structure, BBs don't like this and cry salty tears that angling doesn't completely negate RN AP shells like it can with other CAs. 

But vs broadside potatoes, yes, the Minotaur can put down a scary amount of damage if they're allowed to.

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,147 battles

What is that red/green ball you see above the ship markers? Some mod to make the targeted ship more visible?

[RNSF]
Players
339 posts
19,090 battles

I think it is really funny that the BB babies cry so loudly about HE spammers but when a line of cruisers is introduced which ONLY fires Ap,,,,,they still cry.... SOOOOO funny !

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this