Sign in to follow this  
rockks

tier 8 jap dd

13 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
2,030 battles

so i was looking forward to getting my tier 8 dd on the jap line . The akatsuki was great fun so i get my kagero and i am left baffled as to how this dd is supposed to be a tier higher i am meeting tier 10 ships alot now and everything about the Kagero is terrible the biggest problem is the reload time on the torps i mean i now have 1 less salvo and i have to wait so long to reload it's painfull the ship is slower and the firing range is forget it . and i was expecting to get a fast reload comsumible or something and yes i did but its shared with the smoke so i mean wtf who tought this kagero was an improvement on the tier 7 dd .

the worst this is i have no intention to play this retarded tier 8 dd only for the first win of the day the grind in this thing would be unbearable

Edited by rockks

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
671 posts
5,845 battles

I do not really like my Kagero, but I must ask you: do you have Concealment expert on your captain AND the concealment module? That is the real + side of Kagero; it being tier 8 and having the module.

Players
248 posts
6,450 battles

just get used. yuugumo is more or less the same, i know it may be painfull but you have to endure it. i played it at tier IX (before the patch) focus on the stealth with the skill and use your torpedo well, you cannot spam anymore. 

Players
3 posts
2,030 battles

yes have both it does make it spotting distance retarded but is that enough of a bonus when alot of t10 cruisers have hydro 

Edited by rockks

Players
248 posts
6,450 battles

yes have both it does make it spotting distance retarded but is that enough of a bonus when alot of t10 cruisers have hydro 

the problem is Radar. you try i know is difficult. is not like the americans that you fire and dodge and nothing else with the Katgero you have to be stealth like a ninja,hit powerfull like a samurai and sometime you have to be honorabu like a kamikaze
  • Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,586 posts
19,906 battles

I've stopped at the Akatsuki. It's faster, has spammy torps,decent guns for the tier, and if specced can have basically as much AA power as  Bayern, at least enough to punish the CV for keeping you spotted. Not that you're useless when spotted, unlike some other torpboats. You still have dem guns. It's a very nice ship and in a good spot for MM, Kagero seems like a downgrade in various ways.

Edited by MoveZig

Players
3 posts
2,030 battles

ok after playing about 10 games in this piece of crap i#ve deleted it from my ship yard and rebought the tier7  who ever specs the ships in this game needs his head examined

Players
2,240 posts
8,469 battles

Well, I'm not having so much problem with the Kagerou, just be aware where the enemy radars and dd-hunters are, spam torps to smokes, try your best to anticipate and caught by surprise the bigger targets and, of course, scout. Not easy, but far from unplayable:)

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
671 posts
5,845 battles

ok after playing about 10 games in this piece of crap i#ve deleted it from my ship yard and rebought the tier7  who ever specs the ships in this game needs his head examined

10 games? :teethhappy:

It took me 50 battles in Iowa to say "I play her" instead of "I hate myself for not understanding how that bloody ship works". Probs by the time I reach Montana I will just be discovering how to actually Iowa, just like when I upgraded from NC.

[SMIRL]
Players
46 posts
11,464 battles

Kagerou was my most played ship when she was a t9 , it was  a stealth monster ; guns were awful , i remember running from every gunfight but torps at 20km using the speed talent boost were very fun to use .

Sadly as a t8 i sold the ship, i just weren't able to do anything i did as a t9. Only good thing that remain is the stealth but everything else was nerfed .

Can still be played in a good way but i don't see why the effort when yugumo is way better with basically the same mm and Akatsuki is a God tier ship as t7.

With the pletora of good t8 ships i see people play this only for the grind ; sadly because it was a great t9 ship.

Edited by SpiritedAway

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,527 posts
23,343 battles

Tier 8 Kagero is meh indeed. I sold her because Yugumo (and old tier 9 Kagero) is similar but better: 5.4 concealment + F3 torpedoes = fun.

Advice: Bear with it, Yugumo and Shimakaze are very worth the grind, no need to keep Kagero.

Players
463 posts
8,755 battles

Kagero has slightly (100m) better concealment as the Yugumo, Yugumo on the other hand can fit the torpedo reload module/upgrade so has slightly faster torpedo reload.

At lest the shimakaze has three launchers again even if it can't use the torpedo reload booster consumable :(

Still wishing we would get a good T8/T9 DD with 3x3 launchers and enough stealth to be competetive. Akatsuki is nice but has crap concealment, else it woud probably be as much fun as the old Fubuki.

Sign in to follow this