Xylotier

Suggestion Locking the turrets in a direction

17 comments in this topic

[XCORP]
[XCORP]
Beta Tester
33 posts

Hey guys, 

imagine the situation: you got 2 enemys you could shoot, but they are on different sides like one on the left side and one on the right side....

we all know, turning guns takes time and each second counts.... so here comes my idea...

instead of turning the "can take all gun turrets" there should be an option to lock the turret, for example by a key, so i can shoot the other targets with the rest of my guns while i reload.... 

• Cool 9

Beta Tester
15 posts
228 battles

+1

This isn't a bad idea. Would be nice. You can keep the right mouse pressed in and then look, but it would be more convenient actually if you could just lock them. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Also if you use the right mouse button, then while you are aiming your other-side turrets at enemy 2, your original-side turrets turn away from enemy 1...

Maybe an alternative would be, that guns only turn towards your aim if they can actually point that way (or with 10 degrees or so of that direction, so that if you turn the guns start turning in time), and otherwise revert to pointing at right angle in their 'natural' direction.

[TWF]
Weekend Tester
69 posts
4,094 battles

Locking turrets in general is a nice idea... even to make it so you can look around without having to worry all the time your turrets dont move.

And/or... You can look around with middle mouse to look without affecting your turret movement right?... Why not make this middle mouse a toggle?!

Edited by Emmerik

[XCORP]
[XCORP]
Beta Tester
33 posts

i need my middlemouse to mark my enemys so all know where to shoot :) another key would be nice... i actually want to shoot 2 enemys on 2 sides but when i shoot the second one, my turrets turn to him and then it takes ages to get them back.... 

Alpha Tester
1,545 posts
469 battles

I think control+x locks the turrets

This ^ I posted this in thread about locking turrets & tubes in the suggestions forum.

As for allowing you to aim at two targets at once... It would be nice, but stupidly complicated, not to mention a very inefficient use of your firepower :)

Beta Tester
33 posts
14 battles

Locking turrets in general is a nice idea... even to make it so you can look around without having to worry all the time your turrets dont move.

And/or... You can look around with middle mouse to look without affecting your turret movement right?... Why not make this middle mouse a toggle?!

u already have option to lock guns with right mouse(hold it),but means for both side guns,and also u have option to press p button to lock all guns..

Weekend Tester
45 posts
352 battles

But I think it could be very interesting for some ships to be able to lock part of your turrets.

For those that have mainly centered turrets this doesnt really afect much, but for those others whose towers are in the sides and they have a small turn angle it feels a waste when you could be firing a two targets and you can only a one due to the time that takes to aim due the turrets of the other side trying to follow where they cant.

Its also very annoying even for some centered turrets ships (speccially battlecruisers due to slow turn) when one of the turrets goes where you dont want to and then you have to wait it to perfom a 300º turn

Maybe there could be an option that you could activate that turrets dont follow your cursor when they cant reach your aiming.

Beta Tester
19 posts
3,691 battles

Shift-X to lock Turrets to relative bearing

Crtl-X to lock Turrets to Sector (the way that you looking atm)

• Cool 1

[BOB-R]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,416 battles

Thats great, WG states even in FAQ that aiming at two targets not gonna happen and I am OK with that.

But being totaly noob (just bots battles so far)  locking turrets which cannot turn to engage my current target was the first (and so far only) thing which I really missed, so I am glad somebody else brought this up.

This way I could keep the useless towers (in the rear) eg. from turning forward, while I know there is going to appear a destroyer in my rear from the cover.

[XCORP]
[XCORP]
Beta Tester
33 posts

So my idea was, to create an option in lobby where you can create for each of your ships groups of cannons (guns can be double taken), so you can go like left side guns + front gun in group 1 and right side + front gun in group 2 and lock them in fights if you shot... like right mouse + 1 abd right mouse + 2 or however you want....

[BOB-R]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,416 battles

My idea is to make the miniature in lower left corner clickable. Click - tower locked, click ..unlocked.

Beta Tester
15 posts
608 battles

My idea is to make the miniature in lower left corner clickable. Click - tower locked, click ..unlocked.

this could work.

maybe not so good on the St Louis with 14 guns, but on high tier BBs with only 3-4 turrets could be practical

Sign in to follow this