Juanx

Credit where credit is due: New port is great

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

23 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say, the new port is gorgeous, if not really optimized. So one good point of the patch, well done WG.

4 people like this

Yup.

Eye candy.

That they do well.

Too bad for all the ones that can't use it, but yeah, looks great.

I just wonder when there's going to be mods of that port to put it on a regular one if it's not available already. Sometimes I wonder why WG try to lock something cool like a port in a game even they allow to be modded. They could have changed one of the regular ports to that one and save everyone the time.

I just wonder when there's going to be mods of that port to put it on a regular one if it's not available already. Sometimes I wonder why WG tryies to lock something cool like a port in a game even they allow to be modded. They could have changed one of the regular ports to that one and save everyone the time.

It beats hawaii hands down, and no worries, non prems will have it soon enough, as it has always been, on mods. Did you check the usual sources for that? FYI I dont use mods at all so I would not know.

It beats hawaii hands down, and no worries, non prems will have it soon enough, as it has always been, on mods. Did you check the usual sources for that? FYI I dont use mods at all so I would not know.

I used to use cosmetic mods. Like some skins, minimap mods before they were implemented and things like that, but some of them caused a bit of problem, so since the important ones like minimap ones are implemented now I stopped using mods completely too. But yeah, that's why I know there's going to be mods for that port pretty soon. Haven't checked if there's one already though.

New port is great indeed. And with light changing according to your local time of day would be absolutely stunning.

2 people like this

New port is great indeed. And with light changing according to your local time of day would be absolutely stunning.

Lol, as in pitch black with no lights except for the moon at 3am? E.g WG telling you to go to bed :teethhappy:

Lol, as in pitch black with no lights except for the moon at 3am? E.g WG telling you to go to bed :teethhappy:

Yeah, but its not like the game can display your local time for you and do that...oh wait...

:trollface:

Yes, if there is one thing where WG might actually spoil us, that's the selection of ports.

However somewhat toggleableor changing lighting or time of the day would be the non plus ultra, as there are a few ports which I'd like if not for the - for example - eternal night of winter.

There are still street lights in the port, but you might be onto something -> during server updates all artificial light sources indeed could've been turned off. :great:

1 person likes this

Doesn't work for me! Ships are invisible!!

:teethhappy::trollface:

Think I saw somene post a belfast pic with the fire camo off the 1st week, on the new port, was it you?

There are still street lights in the port, but you might be onto something -> during server updates all arttificial light sources indeed could've been turned off. :great:

Or they could give us the option of full daylight and night time with a few different dynamic lighting settings so we can tailor exactly what we find as asthetic lol

2 people like this

:teethhappy::trollface:

Think I saw somene post a belfast pic with the fire camo off the 1st week, on the new port, was it you?

My Belfast but normal Belfast camo. Have raised a ticket. Does it with all my ships - can only see flags, ships boats and propellers!! the armour viewer works!! I use a Mac so guess that is the issue.

My Belfast but normal Belfast camo. Have raised a ticket. Does it with all my ships - can only see flags, ships boats and propellers!! the armour viewer works!! I use a Mac so guess that is the issue.

Thats what you get with a bitten apple :trollface:

1 person likes this

I still want night fights... watching the light blooms of all those guns going off all over the map... would look wonderful.

1 person likes this

I still want night fights... watching the light blooms of all those guns going off all over the map... would look wonderful.

Yes, yes it would...and one or two players could actually enjoy the view, while rest would barely see anything in zoom view (unless they use a mod which increases magnification by x100).

Can you imagine the camping in a visually dark environment? :trollface:

Totally agree OP.  I think the dry docks are absolutely awesome!

Yes, it looks gorgeous and actually made me change from Occean for once. Only shame is that every other port than Occean adds a slight delay when I do things like open the ship tree, modules etc. (less than 0.5 seconds but still noticeable and annoying).

its a great port! best so far.

And with light changing according to your local time of day would be absolutely stunning.

good idea! id love to see it in daylight sometimes!

another improvement could be a quick animation of your selected ship sliding in to water (destroyer line) or the dry dock filling with water when you press battle?

And when you go to collect your containers there is a man caressing a torpedo, along with several barrels of what appears to be oil...

I like this idea! :)

Or they could give us the option of full daylight and night time with a few different dynamic lighting settings so we can tailor exactly what we find as asthetic lol

Ohhh yeah that's even better, since it'd satisfy more people. I'll add a suggestion for more extensive visual port options (all ports, cause why not) so we can choose what we like best. Would be so cool!

1 person likes this