Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amon_ITA

No national voicever ( Duca d'Aosta )

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

13 posts in this topic

Why ?

Poland has 1 ship in the game, and has national voiceover.

England and France had for lot's of time one ship each, yet they had national voiceover at day one.

Why ?

Poland has 1 ship in the game, and has national voiceover.

England and France had for lot's of time one ship each, yet they had national voiceover at day one.

France didn't have a national voiceover on day one. It was added next patch after the release of Dunkerque.

1 person likes this

France didn't have a national voiceover on day one. It was added next patch after the release of Dunkerque.

Didn't know, thanks. That makes, even if it sounds stupid i know, the disappointment more bearable.

Didn't know, thanks. That makes, even if it sounds stupid i know, the disappointment more bearable.

Yeah, just relax mate. I'm quite sure that British voice was added with the release of British cruiser line and we had HMS Warspite for a long time.

Before that they were using the American one. Just like French and Italians now.

Do not buy it. You will be lowest tier most of the games, and almost half are tier 8.

1 person likes this

I've floated this several times before, but how about a contest to do the voice overs?

Surely some Italian players must have decent equipment and a nice radio voice?

2 people like this

The voiceovers were very delayed. First they included voiceovers that already existed (based on voiced client versions), that was actually available even earlier through mods. Only later they started to fill in the blanks: Polish voiceover, British one etc. - we had to wait for them all. The ARP ships initially all talked in Iona's voice too - by the end of collab they all received captain-based voices (although unfortunately they override also voices of other ships in battle).

So, basically, be patient. Italians will certainly get their voiceover but - since it's just one ship for now - this doesn't have a very high priority.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I've floated this several times before, but how about a contest to do the voice overs?

Surely some Italian players must have decent equipment and a nice radio voice?

Oh, yes, imagine if they re-made the existing voiceovers too... Only problem is, I presume, they generally have access to their original voice actors so if something changes (there's some talk about quick command changes, for example) they can pretty easily contact the actor and get the missing lines. So it would be difficult like that.

HOWEVER there are also some community contributors that would probably be willing to do a recording session + agreement to record missing lines if needs arise - all that for little more than advertisement on official pages - I'm pretty sure I'd prefer Jingles to current British voice :D 

Edited by eliastion

Speaking about ARP: Kirishima as the girl still has the voice of Iona. Better give her the proper voice that's also used for the bear.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear an Italian voice soon™.

Speaking about ARP: Kirishima as the girl still has the voice of Iona. Better give her the proper voice that's also used for the bear.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear an Italian voice soon™.

I somehow doubt they'll ever fix that..... I guess they'll never touch those files ever again :hiding:

that bug won't be fixed ever, since their ARP contract has expired, as you said, the correct voice files exist in the game and Kirishima's voice can be restored using the windows search function alone. You  have to delete all  standard Kirishima folders and rename the *kirishima_bear* folders to *kirishima* alone, which will be enough if you don't use the yotaro captain.

to complete the set, you can use another copy, in which you delete everything but the *kirishima_bear*  folders, then integrate them into the modded set.

The was a statement from developers, saying that they would not bother for a single ship, at least not in the near future. Given the WG tendency to reskin, I am happy that commanders look like Latin lovers and not like beardy Rasputins.

voiceovers are client-based. so if italian client has its voiceover and i believe it has, it will be surely added soon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0