Sign in to follow this  
moth_hunter

Ships popping in and out of vision

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Hi!

I notice quite often that ships pop in and out of vision multiple times within maybe 30 seconds. This is mostly the case with destroyers (guess due to their high camo), but also happened with cruisers.

Maybe the time a spotted enemy remains visible could be increased a bit, so that visibility is more consistent.

Beta Tester
15 posts
228 battles

Noticed this as well, even at very close ranges, I sometimes still see them disappear. 

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Yes also at very close distances. I think those occasions are mostly due to smoke screen by a destroyer - I find it often hard to tell reliably whether I'm in one or not...

[WNKRS]
Alpha Tester
967 posts
4,822 battles

Destroyers will pop in and out because they are beyond your ability to detect them. The reason they come back in and out of vision is because they don't turn their secondary armaments off, or they are firing their primaries. This exposes them, increasing the range at which they can be detected, then obviously the effect wares off until they next fire.

This also happens with other ships inside smoke and at long range.

Beta Tester
151 posts
283 battles

Destroyers will pop in and out because they are beyond your ability to detect them. The reason they come back in and out of vision is because they don't turn their secondary armaments off, or they are firing their primaries. This exposes them, increasing the range at which they can be detected, then obviously the effect wares off until they next fire.

This also happens with other ships inside smoke and at long range.

I understand that, but I think the rapid spotting-despotting cycle looks weird and is somewhat irritating, that's why I suggested to increase the duration they remain spotted by a few seconds.

It would still mean that they vanish within moments if they don't fire any guns, they just wouldn't flash on and off every few seconds. Plus turning off your secondary guns would become a more important choice.

Sign in to follow this