Ph3lan

How French are you?

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

79 posts in this topic

782bd51c-1f76-11e7-8c76-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Captains,

Can you hear it in the distance... this faint murmur coming from the sea? Listen... listen carefully—it’s a song carried by the waves and it’s the tale of new ships to come. Can’t you hear the drums announcing it? La Royale… La Royale is coming, la royale is here! French cruisers are in game and it’s time to show us you can master a new nation!

Get them while they're fresh, try to score your best, and glory and treasures may pave your way!

Branle-bas de combat, capitaines !

25% French. Best I can do. Sorry. :trollface:

Posted (edited)

How French are you?

Not french at all...Even my home country made them retreat after shooting an Habsburg emperor that France elected :izmena:

Edited by aquiles7389

French patois, Father born on Sark Island, Channel Isands. très bien.

The closest i get to going french is eating a salad french stick :P

Posted (edited)

Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX

Posted (edited)

Edited :o

And since when does this have anything to do with the French ? 

I mean, Edited

Yeah, I'm tired of that joke. If French are cowards, I guess pretty much the whole world is made of cowards. Learn History, kid.

Edited by VMX

1 person likes this

I'm Very Scottish but I do like French food does that count?

The closest I am to being French is living on the border. :D

Posted (edited)

Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory content.

Edited by VMX

hello.....i did submit a request for participation....do i have to wait for mail confirmation....

How French are you?

As baguette as possible and proud to be! 

How can you check your individual progress for the event?

Posted (edited)

WOW, Edited...
Maybe because WG made one themselves and would be double morale to ban people doing that joke???
Maybe because they are in good mood now???

Anyways, can't say good job but you are improving.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by VMX

WOW, Edited...

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Welcome to the club :trollface:

Posted (edited)

Already edited??? I take back my words. WG moderators team is still....[EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS A REALLY STRONG WORD]

P.S. I preff to edit myself thank you...

Edited by aquiles7389

Seriously, what did the moderator team expect?!

I mean, obviously everybody is going to crank out the worst French jokes you can imagine in a war-based game, which means you are dealing with a community familiar with these jokes, the French military track record (which is quite bad for a large country, to put it nicely), and surrounding history in general.

And it doesn't help either that the jokes about the French military capacity may be older than you think - even Charles Martel already made them back in his day.

I mean, obviously everybody is going to crank out the worst French jokes you can imagine in a war-based game, which means you are dealing with a community familiar with these jokes, the French military track record (which is quite bad for a large country, to put it nicely), and surrounding history in general.

And it doesn't help either that the jokes about the French military capacity may be older than you think - even Charles Martel already made them back in his day.

The problem is that even the WG team make the jokes in official media: Watch at 3:00

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/videos/dev-diaries-french--cruisers/

So if a developer (and thus, WG employee) makes a joke about french ships is soooo fun and correct...But if somebody makes a similar joke here in forum, you get banned...Probably even this message will be edited for pointing this out.

When WG makes a thread to find out how French you are to go with the new Baguette boats, then forgets no one wants to be French

HF3weln.jpg

2 people like this

*cough* http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

"'...and a certain unconscious brutality of hurry and gesture in the men is related to their inexhaustible and extraordinary military courage. (...) Let a fool hate France.'" - G.K. Chesterton

Perhaps the moderator expected people not to be ignorant little ****s spouting off the same tired old meme, hoping that after 10 years, it might still be funny.

Guess they were wrong.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

How French are you?

Well...

Edited

I think I'm 90% French, all I need is an Eiffel Tower :)

Edited by VMX

1 person likes this

hello.....i did submit a request for participation....do i have to wait for mail confirmation....

Hey zxc!

No, you don't have to wait for confirmation, once you've signed up you're ready to go since we don't send out confirmation mails with this system. Have fun!

Already edited??? I take back my words. WG moderators team is still....[EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS A REALLY STRONG WORD]
P.S. I preff to edit myself thank you...

Moderation did its job here I'd say if you end up moderatoring your strong words. :)

Otherwise I wish you good luck and success in your endeavours with the French Navy - the best payback for bad French jokes are citadels ingame ;)

Enjoy!

Greetings, Crysantos

Posted (edited)

*cough* http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

"'...and a certain unconscious brutality of hurry and gesture in the men is related to their inexhaustible and extraordinary military courage. (...) Let a fool hate France.'" - G.K. Chesterton

Perhaps the moderator expected people not to be ignorant little ****s spouting off the same tired old meme, hoping that after 10 years, it might still be funny.
Guess they were wrong.

Lovely list. I like it, gives a good start for some research. The fact that such a list exists is pretty telling though, and some of the things mentioned are a bit shaky (especially near the bottom) or were coalitions where they had help from other countries. 

However - and quite sadly, this list actually also accentuates one of the more infamous (and oldest) jokes about the French army; if you want France to win a war, make sure its army will be led by either a foreigner, or a woman.  And with examples like Napoleon (Corsican), Charles Martel and his grandson Charlemagne (modern-day Belgium) and Jeanne d'Arc (female), well...

There are obviously a few exceptions, like the Paris-born admiral Tourville, but... you get the point.

And yes, you should expect people to be ignorant little *censored* and spam the same bad jokes all over the place. It's what humans do, after all. Humans aren't the nicest creatures on this planet, and don't fool yourself in thinking we are. Humans like to have a common enemy for example, which can be ranging from schoolyard bullying and jokes aimed at a group of people (in this case the French) to something like genocide. Actually, this game already leaves a pretty big hint in that direction (World of Warships) - the very core of our game is built upon a part from some of the worst things humans can do to each other (waging war).

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker

Posted (edited)

I got a lovely edit too...you WoWS mods are quicker on the draw than the guys on the WoT Blitz Forum

I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything like that, it was just a laugh. I am sorry for what I wrote, making fun of France in WW2 isn't big, and it isn't clever, but I did it anyway. I realise that many French soldiers died honourably trying to defend their country, and I have nothing but respect for them...but France is just an easy target for surrender jokes. 

I would love to know how long this warning point will last...it was gained for such a stupid reason. I hope it's not the 6 months in the rules...that would suck. Ah well, I guess I'll have to take the punsihment on the chin.

Regards

Edited by Ar_Es_Two_Thousand

I would love to know how long this warning point will last...it was gained for such a stupid reason.

St least they gave you 1 warning point. They gave me 2 points and a ban (even if it was my first warning, and I didn't used rude language or anything) because the joke I did just nailed certain moderator nationality... You know, when you can't be professional at work you just ban people :sceptic:

P.S. Please feel free to edit this message, it doesn't ontain rude language, names, references or jokes, so I have no clue what can be edited in the message.

2 people like this