Mudzahid

Smoke screen mechanics

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
44 battles

In battle i was in my St. Louis cruiser fighting a destroyer the distance between us was 1,5 km. Then he used smoke screen. After that i didn`t see him at all but all his teammates could see me. Also the destroyer could see  me and all his shots landed with pinpoint accuracy on my ship even when i changed the course. Isn`t this a little OP? How actually the smoke screen mechanics work? Was that only a coincidence?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,545 posts
469 battles

You were probably spotted by aircraft or another enemy ship. Also, if you had continued firing the DD may have still been able to spot you.

Beta Tester
140 posts
5,909 battles

You were probably spotted by aircraft or another enemy ship. Also, if you had continued firing the DD may have still been able to spot you.

Yeah I wonder how a DD was able to disappear from me when I was 500 meters away from him? Sometimes DD I think can disappear without smoke(but I might not recognized the smoke effect) sometimes they can go poof only to appear when they fire to instantly disappear after they stop firing.

There should be a minimum range for ships where you always spot other ships maybe something around 1km range or 1.5km.