Eclaire

King of the Sea III - May 13-21

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

pIi0P3r.png

After a slightly longer break, the King of the Sea tournament returns, beginning May 13!

Ready your ships, and step up to the challenge. Can anyone knock off three-time defending champions OMNI?

We’ve used the extra time to make some changes that we hope will move us towards bigger and better KotS tournaments:

• We've expanded to a max of 48 teams 

• Running into a top team and going out in the first round is no fun. To the round of 16 the tournament will be played as double elimination
  • Win out and you play the same number of games as you would in a knock-out tournament. Lose once and you get another chance, against a team that's also lost a game. Lose twice and you go home
    • ​a full explanation of how this works is below

• The top eight teams from the last KotS are seeded, as will be a further eight that have demonstrated their skill in previous tournaments
  • If you are not a quarterfinalist from KotS II it is still first come first serve, so be ready when sign-ups open and have your team line-up prepared!
  • Unseeded teams will play one self-scheduled game in the first round during the week leading up to the tournament start to determine their starting positions

All else remains basically the same: 

• Tier 8, 9v9
  • ship limits 1CV, 3 BBs, 2 US DDs 
  • team size of twelve with roster swaps
  • best-of-three to the semifinals, then best-of-five

Teams:      King of the Sea is open to all teams. Sign-up is first-come first-serve for the 40 open slots. You must provide a team lineup of at least nine players at registration

Map pool:  Shards, Neighbors, Warriors Path, Trap, Loop, Trident, Haven (Diamond Domination)

Schedule:  Placement Round: Week of May 7-12  

Day 1 - May 13, 14.00 CEST - Group Stage 

Day 2 - May 14, 16.00 CEST Round of Sixteen and Quarterfinals

Day 3 - May 20, 16.00 CEST - Semifinals

Day 4 - May 21, 16.00 CEST - Finals and 3rd place match

Outline schedule here

Rewards:   Over 300.000 doubloons worth of prizes! The full list is available here

Discord:    Discord is our main platform for answering questions and posting updates for teams. You can join using this link: KotS Discord

Full Rules: available here

Sign-ups are now closed

Register here

Bracket Details

• The tournament is structured for a maximum of 48 teams, playing in eight groups of six, followed by a knock-out stage

• Two teams will progress from each group to the Round of Sixteen

• The group stage is played as double elimination
    • Each group has a ‘winners bracket’ and a ‘losers bracket’, both consisting of three rounds
    • All teams start in the winners bracket. Lose one match and you drop to the losers bracket
    • Teams that lose a match in the loser’s bracket are eliminated
    • Tldr - lose once and you get another chance. Lose twice and you go home.

• Each group has two seeds
    • One of the top eight finishers from KotS II
    • One drawn from the remaining top 16 teams as determined by a ranking of previous tournament results
    • Both seeded teams will receive a bye and will not play in round 1 of the group stage, but will begin in round 2

• Unseeded teams will play a placing first round in the week before May 13
    • Winners of this round will advance to play the seeds in their group
    • Losers will drop to the loser bracket
    • Arranging first round games is left to the teams themselves, as in e.g. the MDIV league
    • The games must be completed by Friday, May 12, end of the day at the latest
    • Contact the organisers if you are having difficulty arranging your match
    • Win or lose in round 1, all teams will play on day 1 of the main tournament

• A sample group is below, the number of each game is listed before the matchup
    • Winner of game 8 advances as group winner
    • Loser of game 8 plays in game 11
    • Winner of game 11 advances as 2nd place
    • Loser of game 11 is 3rd place in the group and earns a reward

EGHliNr.png

• In detail progression is as follows
    • Round 1  
      • Win    ⇒ Round 2 and face seeded team
      • Lose  ⇒ Losers Round 1
    • Round 2 
      • Win    ⇒ Round 3
      • Lose  ⇒ Losers Round 1
    • Round 3 
      • Win    ⇒ Win group, advance
      • Lose  ⇒ Losers Round 3
    • Losers Round 1 
      • Win    ⇒ Losers Round 2
      • Lose  ⇒ Eliminated
    • Losers Round 2
      • Win    ⇒ Losers Round 3
      • Lose  ⇒ Eliminated
    • Losers Round 3
      • Win    ⇒ Second place in group, advance
      • Lose  ⇒ Third place in group, eliminated

• Group winners will play 2nd placed teams in the round-of-16
  • All games following the group stage are single elimination
  • The elimination bracket with matchups is below
    • A1 -> group A winner
    • A2 -> group A 2nd place
    • etc

F2pw9Gt.png

Seeding and Draw

• Sixteen teams will be seeded, and will be given a first round bye
  • The top 8 finishers of the last “King” tournament, each to one group
  • The previous King will be the #1 seed, with finishers 2-4 in descending order
    1. OMNI
    2. OM
    3. AAO
    4. TTT
  • The remaining quarterfinalists will be equally seeded into the remaining groups
    • WGP2W-FC
    • UFR
    • FLYD
    • TCG
  • Seeds 9-16 will be determined from open sign-up, based on compound ranking of performance in previous tournaments. One each to a group
    • The rankings (courtesy of JVCCR) are available here
  • Group structure is as below
  • Provisional date for the bracket draw is May 5

XkfzIN2.png

contact Ataw, Tobiassho, or Eclaire if any questions, or join the discord and ask there

Edited by Eclaire

14 people like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

The banners of WGP2W will fly high and proud. Also, we're now accepting Flamu* related team name suggestions.

Cheers,
~t3h'Pâr4d0x

Edited by t3h3th32

3 people like this

Excuse me, but tell me when your server will be the official tournament, after which you will play with the Russian server?

I do not know English, use online translator. Sorry.

Excuse me, but tell me when your server will be the official tournament, after which you will play with the Russian server?

WG sponsors the prizes for King of the Sea, but we don't have official tournaments on EU

Cross-server depends on getting temporary accounts so is harder to set up, but the more of it the better far as I'm concerned :izmena:

Seems pretty shitty to run this and have a conflict with the League of the Sea tournament...really should consider rescheduling this for later.

Seems pretty shitty to run this and have a conflict with the League of the Sea tournament...really should consider rescheduling this for later.

I'm not involved in organizing the League of the Sea but we've been coordinating with them since they first started planning their tournament. There's really no conflict, either in schedule or in approach. We're running a discrete tournament consciously kept as short as possible, they are running a league.

The league is taking a break over the first weekend of KotS - there's no reason a team cannot play in both

3 people like this

Prize pool updated:

The Prizes:

·         1st: King of the Sea

o   2500 doubloons

o   30 days Premium time

o   25 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   King of the Sea flag

o   Restless Fire flag

·         2nd

o   1500 doubloons

o   14 days Premium time

o   15 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

·         3rd - 4th  

o   1000 doubloons

o   3 days Premium time

o   10 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

·         8th - 5th  

o   500 doubloons

o   Restless Fire flag

·         16th- 9th

o   Restless Fire flag

·         17th- 24th

o   5 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

1 person likes this

A reminder that if you are one of the quarterfinalists from the last King of the Sea you have a seed and a guaranteed spot:

- OMNI, OM, AAO, TTT, UFR, FLYD, TCG, WGP2W

If you're planning on participating again we'll need you to get in touch with us to confirm please before sign-up open on the 30th

Just wanting to step in and applaud you guys for all the work done to organize these kind of events instead of WGs employees.

Furthermore, after the past MDIV-League showed a lot of great and close matches (and OMNI "only" finishing second) I'm looking forward to the next KotS-Tournament.

Hopefully WG will introduce some kind of ladder system for teams where the top (in this case) 48 teams are qualified for the tournament aka playoffs. This "first come first serve"-method is rather unsatisfying, but I fully understand that there are limits to what a playerbased tournament can deliver.

1 person likes this

Despite the great amount of fun and progress 5th Dimension made during the MDIV League our desire to take part in this run of the King of the Sea has sadly been stopped due to the times set for the matches.

Due to these we are unable to bring an effective team into the tournament.

We understand the reasons why the planned times are so early.

Due to our members have active lives with work and family outside the game.

Therefore 5th Dimension will not being taking part in the tournament.

We wish those teams which do the best of luck.

We looking player for tournament KING of Sea III

need players, who wishes play in tournament 

who can play on destroyers and cruisers

2 Kutuzow (dmg 55k and more)

2 Benson  (dmg 40 and more)

Other ships, players and Experience in the tournament - we have

lang. English.  Other info in PM

Edited by pressbutton

1 person likes this

We looking player for tournament KING of Sea III

need players, who wishes play in tournament 
who can play on destroyers and cruisers
2 Kutuzow (dmg 55k and more)
2 Benson  (dmg 40 and more)

Other ships, players and Experience in the tournament - we have
lang. English.  Other info in PM

Hi guys, I'm a CA/DD player, If you need someone.

I went Rank1 Last Ranked Season, and i really enjoyed competitive game. I know the Meta.

Ive got Benson and I might buy Kutuzov, but I dont have a Captain Hight ebought for now.

IG: Skylinex4

Clan STEG would like to apply for this tournament , please PM me and ive also messaged on discord :)

best regards

J

Clan STEG would like to apply for this tournament , please PM me and ive also messaged on discord :)

best regards

J

Not part of the guys organizing KoTS but registration opens the 30th of April at 6PM CEST as stated in the post above, you'll have to register your team then. See with the guys directly on discord if you want more info beforehand.

Many thanks to Hadders for spending the time to put together a trailer for the upcoming King of the Sea. Do make sure to check out his channel here.

I particularly recommend his

- if nothing else, you can watch myself die to torps in the background more than once if you enjoy that sort of thing :trollface:

3 people like this

Not part of the guys organizing KoTS but registration opens the 30th of April at 6PM CEST as stated in the post above, you'll have to register your team then. See with the guys directly on discord if you want more info beforehand.

Thats right, the link to the registration is here in the forum and in the portal article. You can ONLY register there and strating at that time! Edited by TobiAssho

Hi guys, I'm a CA/DD player, If you need someone.

I went Rank1 Last Ranked Season, and i really enjoyed competitive game. I know the Meta.

Ive got Benson and I might buy Kutuzov, but I dont have a Captain Hight ebought for now.

IG: Skylinex4

Hi, add me  in Skype: maximgoal

Edited by pressbutton

1 person likes this

Just a short update - there seems to be an issue with the registration site. Apologies

we're working on getting it fixed, we'll let you know soon as we do

Edited by Eclaire

Ok.

Thanks for the update. I assume u let us know in/on this forum?

:izmena:

Eclaire,  

i signed up OP  but i was doing it for our teamcaptain. Can u check and give me feedback if it worked?

Please   :nerv_fish:

i signed up OP  but i was doing it for our teamcaptain. Can u check and give me feedback if it worked?

we won't get the results of the sign-up for a little while ourselves. We'll try to get an update tonight, if not should have one for you tomorrow

for what it's worth sign-up has never not worked for someone, so if you filled out the form we'll have your details

well  just in case i done it a 2nd time. Just to be sure. Thanks for the answering Tobi and Eclaire.

And to add another,  thanks for all the effort u all putting in organizing this.

VDFF

The first batch of teams is registered!

If you're considering taking part there are still spaces available. You can see a regularly updated list of sign-ups here

m5S6S5M.png