Sign in to follow this  
Wykin

The problem with this game is...

32 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
8 posts
44 battles

So for me thats it. The amount of luck (and thats nothing else, no matter how often you tell yourself) in this game is unacceptable for me.

Neither your opponent nor yourself knows what those shots in the air will do.. almost no dmg, maybe a oneshot or just 50% of your health,

hell maybe they will just hit the water infront and behind.

Im sure there are people who like that and others who enjoy it while thinking its their "skill" or whatever

but i got more games then i have time and as long as this stays a heavy rng game i will spend my time and money elsewhere.

Some rng like in wot is okish but wows goes over the top by alot.

Maybe if a normal ap hit does for example 2k and a ammo rack hit (or whatever) does double the dmg it would be ok.

Note: im complaining about ARTILLERY luck (dmg and accuracy wise).

I don`t think RNG is over the top just this isn`t WOT. It`s maybe the same genre but a different game. Ships aren`t tanks. I had games where i was one shoted but there where i has done the one shoting. Every time i`ve got one shoted i knew what i did wrong to deserve such a fate.

Beta Tester
2,147 posts
14,811 battles

So for me thats it. The amount of luck (and thats nothing else, no matter how often you tell yourself) in this game is unacceptable for me.

Neither your opponent nor yourself knows what those shots in the air will do.. almost no dmg, maybe a oneshot or just 50% of your health,

hell maybe they will just hit the water infront and behind.

Im sure there are people who like that and others who enjoy it while thinking its their "skill" or whatever

but i got more games then i have time and as long as this stays a heavy rng game i will spend my time and money elsewhere.

Some rng like in wot is okish but wows goes over the top by alot.

Maybe if a normal ap hit does for example 2k and a ammo rack hit (or whatever) does double the dmg it would be ok.

Note: im complaining about ARTILLERY luck (dmg and accuracy wise).

You should read 'Jutland An analysis of the fighting' by John Campbell and you will see that the RNG of WoWS is not far from IRL naval warfare and certainly not to a degree where one can say it is gamey or unrealistic. Naval warfare is more or less a question of statistics and not sniper skills where 1 shot equals 1 kill, that seldom happens and to be honest the hit probability in WoWS is far superiour to the real ships of that time frame and even today the probability of hitting and killing an enemy vessel by gunfire is not particular high.
Edited by atomskytten

[WNKRS]
Alpha Tester
967 posts
4,906 battles

You should read 'Jutland An analysis of the fighting' by John Campbell and you will see that the RNG of WoWS is not far from IRL naval warfare and certainly not to a degree where one can say it is gamey or unrealistic. Naval warfare is more or less a question of statistics and not sniper skills where 1 shot equals 1 kill, that seldom happens and to be honest the hit probability in WoWS is far superiour to the real ships of that time frame and even today the probability of hitting and killing an enemy vessel by gunfire is not particular high.

Realism =/= better. Wargaming doesn't set out to make simulators, WoWs is no different. 

Beta Tester
539 posts
1,637 battles

I agree that doing dmg is pure luck. For example: With my Kongo I shot to Myogi from cca 15 km. half the salo was to short half to long. So aiming was ok. Second salvo I hit him with 2 projectiles, one made 300 dmg second even less. Ok 3 salvo...wow 4000 dmg with 1 hit. Then they start to shot at me. First hit I got 8000 dmg, second 4000 etc from about 10 km. With every salvo I hit him at least with 1 projectile and never did more than this 4000 dmg. Almost every hit I got he made me more than 2000 dmg. Since there were also some cruisers and 2/3 of teammates around me was already dead I withdrawed and waited for more sneaky oportunity. I sneaked behind a group of islands and managed to flank them. I knew the battle is lost but i tried to do as much dmg before I go down. I suprised one of their battleships with full HP. I would choose target with less hp but to hit him was the only chance to hit something before they sink me. he was 5,5 km away and with one salvo I made 39 000 dmg !!!!

I believe that the range of dmg you can deal to another ship is just to big. From 50 - 11000 dmg per projectile for t5 battleship.... 

But yes its actualy more or less historical :)

Edited by MR_Barbarossa

Beta Tester
6 posts
654 battles

I was today testing shooting to DD from my BB IV tier and hmm... Sometime iv get 2000dmg but was also 4 savlos for 250-500 dmg. I think if y will hit DD from BB bullet should just do a big whole on side or even sunk it.

With fights vs CL or vs BB ok they have better armor and thats could be append.

I was try with AP and HE ammo with similar dmg -  some time great 23000 but some time for around 500 or even less ( record whole salvos to DD for 28 dmg) :P

Meaby its just my luck :)

Weekend Tester
14 posts
608 battles

I was today testing shooting to DD from my BB IV tier and hmm... Sometime iv get 2000dmg but was also 4 savlos for 250-500 dmg. I think if y will hit DD from BB bullet should just do a big whole on side or even sunk it.

With fights vs CL or vs BB ok they have better armor and thats could be append.

I was try with AP and HE ammo with similar dmg -  some time great 23000 but some time for around 500 or even less ( record whole salvos to DD for 28 dmg) :P

Meaby its just my luck :)

Nope, if you shoot AP to DDs the shell will overpenetrate, passing trough the hull without exploding.

When you hit.

Edited by Todesmagneten

[UB109]
Beta Tester
37 posts

CA's have a good amount of dmg, high rate of fire but too close a grouping of their shots at long range. BB's have a hard time hitting at almost every range -most of the time on long shots its luck, even when you're dead-on whole ships can sail through your salvo, which is okay but not so much for midrange (especially compared to CA's dpm and its spreading).

So, agreed. Artillery accuracy has some problems.

Sign in to follow this