Sign in to follow this  
Leepants

Des Moines

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
50 posts
3,538 battles

Quick one - is there a problem with it at the mo? I''m not good, but seems DM is getting VERY poor results - plenty of hits seen, but few registered. 8 salvos at t8DD, none registered.....

As above, I know I'm not good, but I definately saw hits, nothing registered...............

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

And still not a single replay?

Edit: desync could cause this but then I would expect more people complaining about it.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Lag? Sometimes the visuals are out of sync with the hitboxes. Also, different but may be related, I keep getting this weird bug (all ships) where it says I got a normal penetration but no damage is recorded, or it says I got an overpenetration but the damage comes up a few thousand (normal pen damage).

Nothing wrong with DM specifically. It could even be catastrophically bad luck with dispersion, all shots just a little short or long.

Beta Tester
50 posts
3,538 battles

Lag? Sometimes the visuals are out of sync with the hitboxes. Also, different but may be related, I keep getting this weird bug (all ships) where it says I got a normal penetration but no damage is recorded, or it says I got an overpenetration but the damage comes up a few thousand (normal pen damage).

Nothing wrong with DM specifically. It could even be catastrophically bad luck with dispersion, all shots just a little short or long.

Aye, possibly. It was a thought too. Thanks. :)

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I have no idea how to record onel

not on pc, posting from ipad but Google is your friend. Also modpacks can enable it for you. Euan_huzarny posted some script files which would do the edits for you as well but I know which topic that was in.

Beta Tester
50 posts
3,538 battles

not on pc, posting from ipad but Google is your friend. Also modpacks can enable it for you. Euan_huzarny posted some script files which would do the edits for you as well but I know which topic that was in.

Ok, you ask, but sat google. Help? I'm a noraml person not a kiddie scripter. I don't understand internet stuffs

[BUSHI]
Players
3,038 posts
16,280 battles

You did only a few battles in Balti (15) and used free XP do get Des ? Here lies a problem. Anyway Balti/Des bad arcs + very fast speed of many high tier DD is making very hard to hit reliably DD >10 km. Hitting ex. competent SU spammer on 12 km is often almost impossible.

After 120 played games in Balti I am close to Des and targetting is much easier for me now. Simply you need to play more and experience will do the rest. Belive me - this boat should be fine then, but she is not an easy ship to play anyway.

Edited by Odo_Toothless

Beta Tester
50 posts
3,538 battles

Well, I've changed captain skills a little and gone for IFHE so taht if I need to go HE vs DDs, I can hit harder. Also should work against angled BBs.

However, it's definately not the ship, it's definately the player - me. Starting to use teh map better (I'm a slow learner!) and it's now not the shooting, it's the whole game play. Do I push a little,. or sit with BBs to support at first? I know I should be bow on too, and the new armour should mean I've more resistance at range....... What sort of range should AP be used too, please?

Thanks for teh reply :)

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,079 posts
6,718 battles

IFHE is useless on 203.

You will not do more damage with it against DDs and angled BB : HE doesn't care about angle. 

IFHE improves HE penetration. 203mm already have more than 32mm HE penetration,which means you penetrate all DDs, all cruisers through the bow (25mm armor) and all BB through the bow and upper belt (32mm armor) excepted the belt of german and US battleships which is either 37mm or more than 50.

IFHE is clerly not interesting on 203s. It could be for the French Henri IV or 150-180mm, but that's all.

Invest points instead in CE, AFT, AR, EM, DE...

Beta Tester
50 posts
3,538 battles

O bugger. Thanks for the heads up - I didn't realise that. I've got CE already - to me a must on higher tier CAs.

Again, thanks :)

Edited by Leepants

Sign in to follow this