You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

The sixth sense miracle is pervading WOWS

19 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,953 battles

A true inexplicable miracle descends in many players of WOWS, all them kissed by prophetical sixth sense skill.

This miracolous skill allow them to change route and direction EXACTLY on the moment i press torpedo launch key. (not before...not after any seconds...exactly just after i throwed torps!!!)

How can they do it, without using sonar and without see my DD is inexplicable...uncomprensible for a poor noob like me!!!!

Pls anyone can tell me how acquire this fantastical skill?

P.S. Pls not tell me fairy tales for children...You know what i mean.

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,926 battles

Obviously hax.

It's not like you can be extremely unlucky and/or meeting people that will adjust their course every X seconds or so.

On a less snarky note, if they are spotted and cannot see any ships (SA-icon popping up), they will of course change their course. Personally, I will sail a short distance in my cruisers before doing so in order to either spot the DD or to throw off their aim.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,300 posts
6,181 battles
6748f8ea516944e171a49983c7f5e696.jpg

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Guys, can't you just prove a person wrong sensibly for once?

he was asking a perfectly legit question

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

There is skill called priority target showing how many players are targeting you using main guns

This is the key as you switch to torpedoes if enemy has priority target the counter goes down -1 , when you launch torps most likely you switch back to guns and the counter goes +1 .

And that is how you know someone most likely launched torps at you

• Cool 1

Players
884 posts
7,302 battles

Just a thought. Maybe their apparent "sixth sense" is because they've spent a lot of time in torpedo-armed ships themselves?

They see you go, and figure "this is where I'd launch torps -- I better duck". Oftentimes there's a somewhat obvious time to launch, also even slight turn by you can give away your intention to launch, especially if they have some idea about your firing angles.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
364 posts

There is skill called priority target showing how many players are targeting you using main guns

This is the key as you switch to torpedoes if enemy has priority target the counter goes down -1 , when you launch torps most likely you switch back to guns and the counter goes +1 .

And that is how you know someone most likely launched torps at you

I've been wondering about that too, and has started to keep a watch on that counter. Someone showing up, wait 5 seconds, then turn.... often a torpedo salvo goes by..... or is it just me?

Modder
3,871 posts
6,942 battles

:teethhappy:

Why? Our italian friend has history of "special occurrences" in this game.

And by the way? Why no replay? At least one simple replay to confirm your observation?

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

:teethhappy:

Why? Our italian friend has history of "special occurrences" in this game.

And by the way? Why no replay? At least one simple replay to confirm your observation?

I must've had the good fortune to have missed that I guess

[SCRUB]
Players
1,976 posts

Oh I got some experience with sixth sense. Yesterday my dd was blind shoted dead when undetected in smoke... Perfect salvo. 10/10. Full fiji broadside the very moment I decided to turn in smoke, after relocating from position I deployed originaly smoke at. Mind you I haven't been shooting so there was no way of knowing where I was. Sixth Sense Miracle shellified...

On the other hand I think it is still, by far, the best of all Shyamalan's movies. :trollface:

Beta Tester
4,189 posts
9,504 battles

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"
  • Cool 5

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,041 battles

It's a secret to most people, but the IJN destroyers are actually overperforming. To combat this, War Gaming has introduced a new skill for all owners of at least 5 premium battleships called "Fair and Balanced". It's a skill that extends your torpedo acquisition range by 20000% and takes over your rudder when you're on a collision path with enemy torpedoes.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

"That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence"

AidGCNR.gif

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
8,053 battles

A true inexplicable miracle descends in many players of WOWS, all them kissed by prophetical sixth sense skill.

This miracolous skill allow them to change route and direction EXACTLY on the moment i press torpedo launch key. (not before...not after any seconds...exactly just after i throwed torps!!!)

How can they do it, without using sonar and without see my DD is inexplicable...uncomprensible for a poor noob like me!!!!

Pls anyone can tell me how acquire this fantastical skill?

P.S. Pls not tell me fairy tales for children...You know what i mean.

Let me guess, you took one look at the enemy BB, locked him at 15km, then slowly crawled into his torpedo range and simply fired all of your tubes at the lead aim indicator?

First thing you'll need to discover is that when you press number "3" twice your torpedo spread tightens. And then you'll just have to will yourself into leaving it like that for good.

Widespread is actually two tight spreads, one fired slightly behind the lead indicator and one fired slightly ahead.

Kill spread is two tight spreads fired from the edge of one's concealment and aimed just a wee bit in front of the lead aim.

Yes, the closer you get, the tighter your spreads get... But you also risk detection.

Other ships have sonar, radar, and hordes of planes circling their wretched hulls. They hate you. You are a pathetic "torpedo noob" after all so their guns are eagerly waiting for you.

You don't always have to fire all of your launchers at once, but you do have to use your brain and account for the fact that there is a living breathing human being manning that other virtual ship. Observe him. Look at what he's doing? Did he just kill someone? If so he's likely to change direction...

Look at the path of your target... Is there terrain coming up? And if it is, which way is your target likely to turn? Adjust your torpedoes accordingly.

Only when you realize how your lead aim indicator is merely that...AN INDICATOR of your targets current speed and heading, and is in no way a prophetic tool of assured destruction, will you truly master the art of the torpedo.

In the meantime, less posts that expose your gaping incompetence would be nice.

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,247 battles

The real issue is how often launching your torps at full range using the lead indicator does hit the target!