Sign in to follow this  
loppantorkel

Make captain reskill free 2017 or for a few months

9 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

I'm not sure how much money WG makes on respecs, but given the changes to the game, I think balancing would be a lot quicker if people could respec their captains for free. I know WG let players earn 'points' for respec, but I think many are hesitant to commit to any builds until the meta settles. WG won't know how their changes affect the game until people try it out on a larger scale. Making it free would just hurry up the balancing process. ..just until the game stabilises somewhat.

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

I don't want it too much. I'm thinking of the poor WG devs trying to balance the game. It's a fact it's not properly balanced in PT servers and people won't put money into the game for the sake of balancing it. It's perfectly reasonable unless the devs are paid in respecs.

Edited by loppantorkel

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

I support the OP idea, I have a couple captains that I don't wanna respec now because I'm not sure where the meta is going therefore I don't even play those ships.

Also, having free respecs would allow different builds to gain some attrition, nowadays and even though the skill tree is better there are mainstream builds that almost everyone uses since they are already tested, no one wants to pay to try something out of their conform zone, free would be nice.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,812 battles

How about each acount gets 200000 Dublons? They give you free respecs btw becasue you pay nothing but time if you use captain exp.

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

How about each acount gets 200000 Dublons? They give you free respecs btw becasue you pay nothing but time if you use captain exp.

If you want free doubloons create your own thread but imo the request is not very reasonable.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,812 battles

If you want free doubloons create your own thread but imo the request is not very reasonable.

​Its more about asking for BS

WoWS is pay to Progress. Either invest time or pay Money. Your asking for them to give up their most stable way to earn Money. How about your boss Comes to you and ask you if your interested to not earn money for a bit of time? Sounds more resonable? Yea i would like it if they give me Flint Black and Iwaki Alpha too but being resonable i certainly dont ask for it. WoWS is really paradise compared to WOT in Terms of what they give to you for free /missions/campains is there really a Need to get greedy?

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

​Its more about asking for BS

WoWS is pay to Progress. Either invest time or pay Money. Your asking for them to give up their most stable way to earn Money. How about your boss Comes to you and ask you if your interested to not earn money for a bit of time? Sounds more resonable? Yea i would like it if they give me Flint Black and Iwaki Alpha too but being resonable i certainly dont ask for it. WoWS is really paradise compared to WOT in Terms of what they give to you for free /missions/campains is there really a Need to get greedy?

I don't think it's BS, it would actually help to improve game quality. Also no one said forever right, so WG stocks should be safe.

+ Is there anything to progress on respecing a 19pt captain? Pay to progress what?

I also find it weird that someone is against something free but it's not my fault that some people are happy being whales OR need to feel good for paying what others can't/won't, I'm all cool with that, thanks for helping supporting the game costs.

To reiterate, captain re-specs, heavily discounted or free for an extended period would be good for overall game quality.

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

Its more about asking for BS

Yea.. you either didn't read the OP or just didn't get it. I do not mind the current system. It's a good game and I can pay for respecs if I want to. So no greed, just pure BS on your part. 200000 doubloons.. grow up please.

As for now, it seems WG currently is trying to balance the game, they're going to change cvs more over the year, I'm pretty certain they'll implement other things as well. Given the stealth fire removal, I think at least some are changing modules and respeccing their captains. I also believe some are just waiting to see what happens in the longer run, how the meta changes and what people find working. Either WG continue to hand out points for respecs with every major change, or they free it up for some time. Benefit with freeing it up would be that balancing the game would be quicker which in turn leads to a better game quicker and hopefully better income, disadvantage would be loss of income for respecs.

Sign in to follow this