Sign in to follow this  
MoveZig

CV pet peeve

11 comments in this topic

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,326 battles

You know how sometimes you're trying to keep your bombers safe in the cozy embrace of a Texas? Wouldn't it be great if they could orbit within its short-range AA cover rather than just beyond it? This seems like such an obvious oversight that I'm wondering whether I just don't know how to do it. The orbit radius is too damn big.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles

Anticipate from which direction enemy fighters may be coming from and move your planes "behind" the Texas accordingly. Keep an eye on the minimap. Set a bunch of waypoints manually. There are plenty of ways around it.

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,326 battles

I know, it's a matter of convenience. A tight orbit would take a bit of micro out of your hands.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,589 battles

When I played the Zuiho I upgraded it´s AA to the maximum. 106 of damage at 7,2 km of distance plus 84 at 4,2 km for a total of 190 per second. That put me number 1 in average shoot down planes per battle, I didn´t even feared enemy AA superiority Bogues.

[-BT-]
Players
496 posts
3,130 battles

When I played the Zuiho I upgraded it´s AA to the maximum. 106 of damage at 7,2 km of distance plus 84 at 4,2 km for a total of 190 per second. That put me number 1 in average shoot down planes per battle, I didn´t even feared enemy AA superiority Bogues.

Usually people play Zuiho to grind the Ryujo and beyond, not to slap a 19 points captain on it.
  • Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,118 posts
6,589 battles

Usually people play Zuiho to grind the Ryujo and beyond, not to slap a 19 points captain on it.

That makes me someone extraordinary!

(Ok, it makes more sense in spanish...)

I´m trying to grind the Lexington and I plan to do the same thing on it (ground strike setup, but with Maxxed AA to cover my planes)

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

I'm guessing it's deliberately a large circle to encourage manual control of planes and not leaving them to their own devices.

A smaller circle would also make "uncontrolled" planes more difficult to strafe.

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,326 battles

Larger orbit helps them spot things like torpedoes earlier, though. The ships they're orbiting would profit much less from tighter orbits.

That's true. Having the option for a small or large orbit would be a good quality-of-life improvement for CVs.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,111 posts
11,654 battles

The orbit thing is somewhat annoying yes as you can't leave a fighter to cover friendlies like a float plane as they wander miles out...

CV is about lots of manual micro control anyway.

Sign in to follow this