Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

18 games Pink for TK'ing - In a BB for all things - Doh!

16 comments in this topic

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

I'm bad man, really bad man :D

Took my Missouri out for a spin, playing a T9/10 game and I spotted a  beached BB on the other side of the island to me. I make my way carefully around the island and see his bow broadside so I press the fire key just as my brain asks the very important question - "why has he got a Mogami's bow?" followed very shrtly after by - "why have I just blown up and why is the game calling me a team killer???", DOH!!!!

So not only did I sink a friendly, the reflected damage also sank me so I ended up as -2 kills and pink for 18 games :(

I mean, despite the Mogami showing up on the minimap and despite being a big green shape on my main screen and despite seeing his 3x front 203mm turrets before I fired - How was I supposed to know it wasn't the enemy BB, answer me that :D

wows185.jpg

[TOAST]
Players
1,987 posts
25,637 battles

It doesn't make sense how you confused a friendly Mogami for an enemy BB and without a target lock. :playing: 

Looking for redemption? I would say put away the Missouri until you play more T7 and T8 ships and quickly get to Specsavers.

I dare say your 18 penalty pink ship games could stretch to 25-30. 

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I would love to see that replay, moments like these should be shared on YT :trollface:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
237 posts
4,330 battles

I did a similar thing in WoT, thought I'd try out colour blind mode for reasons and had a massive brain fart which ended up with me unloading a full clip from an AMX50 100 into the back of a friendly Conqueror. It was only as I was laughing my [edited]off as the killing shell left my tank that I asked myself why was he sat with his rear to me in that spot only 2 mins into the game. It also occurred to me then that all the bad language in chat was probably directed at me and I should perhaps switch off colour blind mode and maybe take a short break.

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

The TK penalty: no comment on that. But in this realm it seems perfectly normal to be punished twice for 1 offense. Now only hope 18 games of good conduct will lift the penalty. Don't be surprised if by some reason 3or 4 good behavior matches don't count. Because... Reasons. But don't you dare criticize this abomination because it's working perfectly... Also AFAIK the penalty was 5 matches per offense... But again: saying anything about it is like telling the Earth isn't flat, the sun isn't orbiting it nor is it the center of the universe in the Dark Ages.

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

It doesn't make sense how you confused a friendly Mogami for an enemy BB and without a target lock. :playing: 

Looking for redemption? I would say put away the Missouri until you play more T7 and T8 ships and quickly get to Specsavers.

I dare say your 18 penalty pink ship games could stretch to 25-30. 

As best as I can describe it in a picture (not exact but close enough) -

wows186.jpg

Edited by IanH755

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,544 battles

Only mildly related:

I think it was one of iChase's first replay videos, and it featured a short clip of a guy locking his guns, forgetting about it, coming around a corner, saw an enemy and shot at him. Only to oneshot a friendly cruiser. It was so stupid that not even the victim was mad. I know I laughed my [edited]off.

Why did I share this? Because people do stupid things that don't make much sense and we are all people (no, I don't think mtm78 is an actual martian, no conclusive proof has been presented... yet).

[BFS]
Beta Tester
364 posts

And here comes the fun :trollface:

Every game a friendly boat will aim to ram you at the start of the match.... just for fun... and you'll stay pink forever :P

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

Every game a friendly boat will aim to ram you at the start of the match.... just for fun... and you'll stay pink forever :P

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
349 posts
10,188 battles

also playing CV, where i sometimes strafe my own planes, extends the penalty........for killing your OWN PLANES.
  • Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

That's pretty hilarious to be honest, bad luck. Looking at the diagram you so expertly put together (all hail MS paint lol) it would seem to be an honest mistake! 

Out of curiosity, when it comes to getting a TK penalty for strafing your own planes (a valid tactic experienced CV players ALL use, including myself) if you continue to do that will you end up getting a ban? Say like in WoT you go blue, and if you continue to cause team damage you get a ban. Or will your carrier spontaneously explode from damage mirrored to you from the ghostly apparitions of the pilots you TK'd?

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

IIRC TK'ing your own planes was either taken out by the patch after it was brought it due to complaints or the penalty was reduced so low it made it effectively zero. I'm not sure about strafing friendly CV planes in 2 CV per side matches though?

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

how do you know how many games you stay pink?

because i had a similar incident... and im now pink.

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,251 battles

Usually 6 I think but seems longer. Play in Co-Op - low tier - it goes very quickly and you are less likely to be rammed etc.

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

how do you know how many games you stay pink?

because i had a similar incident... and im now pink.

After a match check the "detailed Report" tab and you get a screen like mine in the OP which tells you how many games you are pink for.

Sign in to follow this