You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MurderousKitten

So - About Kitekmi

35 comments in this topic

[LV]
Players
27 posts
6,358 battles

I know it is unreal tournament 1999 Q , but still would adore the idea to bring back Kitekami as premium cruiser :)

and i would buy it ( with my own money )

Players
56 posts
7,317 battles

Bringing back a high powered MG torpedo launcher is one thing.

Giving it to every newbie wallet warrior?!

5ac294484f9231c9ede3118ebb83a385_-memes-

• Cool 1

[LV]
Players
27 posts
6,358 battles

Bringing back a high powered MG torpedo launcher is one thing.

Giving it to every newbie wallet warrior?!

5ac294484f9231c9ede3118ebb83a385_-memes-

It was originaly a premium tier 8 IJN cruiser :)

and there is no way WG will bring it back in tech tree .

so - only possibility - premium :)

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

It was originaly a premium tier 8 IJN cruiser :)

and there is no way WG will bring it back in tech tree .

so - only possibility - premium :)

Even though I saw the ship in game, and in action and I would love to have it, just NO, NO and NO it can already be horrible with all the "friendly" torps fired by noobs, with Kitakami it would be just dreadful, might as well quit the game then if they bring it back on sale
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

Even though I saw the ship in game, and in action and I would love to have it, just NO, NO and NO it can already be horrible with all the "friendly" torps fired by noobs, with Kitakami it would be just dreadful, might as well quit the game then if they bring it back on sale

When the Kita was still in-game (during CBT) it wasn't a huge issue. Due to the fragile nature of the ship and inability to stealth torp, you rarely had friendly fire problems. Making a torp run was a big risk so you had to plan it very carefully.

shot-15.06.25_20.15.38-0345.jpg

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,186 battles

Buy some other prmamium

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

Last time i saw that ship in action was in Season 2 Ranked.

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Just out of curiosity: is the ship still ingame? Or has it been removed completely? Never saw 1. I did see Ark B' and Iwaki A's.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,611 posts
807 battles

Just out of curiosity: is the ship still ingame? Or has it been removed completely? Never saw 1. I did see Ark B' and Iwaki A's.

Most of it has been completely ripped out of the game, i.e. the 3d model

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

When the Kita was still in-game (during CBT) it wasn't a huge issue. Due to the fragile nature of the ship and inability to stealth torp, you rarely had friendly fire problems. Making a torp run was a big risk so you had to plan it very carefully.

shot-15.06.25_20.15.38-0345.jpg

The thing is tho, during CBT the atmosphere was much more different and the game had better community and players, I don't remember being teamkillled once during CBT, while, after OBT and essentially "official" release, well...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

The thing is tho, during CBT the atmosphere was much more different and the game had better community and players, I don't remember being teamkillled once during CBT, while, after OBT and essentially "official" release, well...

face it, people dont like you :P

Players
40 posts
1,095 battles

Completely stupid idea, look at navy field and hate kitakami spam, in that game you could increase your bulge to reduce torpedo issues - can't do that in wows. So it's a super bad idea. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

You must have been lucky, because I distinctly remember one comedy match where there was 2 Kekakami per side, all four went one side to one bottleneck, all let their wall of death go at the same time, and the combined carnage teamkilled at least one person per side.

Hilarity ensued.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

Completely stupid idea, look at navy field and hate kitakami spam, in that game you could increase your bulge to reduce torpedo issues - can't do that in wows. So it's a super bad idea. 

Apples and oranges.

A couple of Kitas in NF could cover the entire map and launch unspotted. NF also allows for setting torpedo speed, so you could get that 20km range on the torpedoes. In WoWs the Kita had 10km torpedoes.

Players
40 posts
1,095 battles

Apples and oranges.

A couple of Kitas in NF could cover the entire map and launch unspotted. NF also allows for setting torpedo speed, so you could get that 20km range on the torpedoes. In WoWs the Kita had 10km torpedoes.

very very true, but you still see my point? Even given that they aren't the most op ship in warships, given the chance to get close or launch a wall of torpedos into a cap circle - sure area denial is good, but leave it to dds to deny caps, not kitakamis 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

very very true, but you still see my point? Even given that they aren't the most op ship in warships, given the chance to get close or launch a wall of torpedos into a cap circle - sure area denial is good, but leave it to dds to deny caps, not kitakamis 

WG isn't holding the Kita back because of torpedo walls or that it's too good at something. Quite the opposite.

It's not being sold because WG can't balance it so that it's a decent ship without causing grief. If it was sold in it's original CBT configuration, a lot of people who buys her would flip their sh*t at how bad it actually is.

If you thought the original Atlanta was difficult to play without getting insta-deleted, wait until you try doing anything in the Kita. It's a tier 4 CL placed at tier 8 with CA concealment and maneuverability and tier 1-2  firepower.

For players looking for a gimmicky or just iconic ship, that's not a problem. But I doubt WG would be able to make a big enough disclaimer to keep the majority of customers from demanding refunds.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Due to the fragile nature of the ship and inability to stealth torp, you rarely had friendly fire problems.

LOL

So that is why Kitakami had and perhaps still has the highest friendly kill count in game :rolleyes: 

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
5,569 battles

The kitakami was odd, rubbish, hilarious and could cause absolute carnage.

It had 40 torps (20 per side), so a division of them could put 120 torps into the water in two waves of 60. Thats like 4 shimakazes launching and then 10 seconds later another 4 shimakazes launching just for perspective.

It was rubbish because it had 2 140mm guns and was basically a kuma hull at tier 8. It also had to turn nearly full broadside to launch which meant they usually died as soon as spotted. Also it was spotted at 12km and had 10km torps which meant most people just avoided all the torps.o

On the other hand if someone wanted to be an [edited], you could pretty much TK the whole team with a kitakami. Get in the middle of a friendly fleet and you have 10 launchers, enough to launch all 40 torps in multiple directions

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,345 posts
14,955 battles

She is in game. I have her

shot-17.04.01_18.45.36-0147.jpg

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

LOL

So that is why Kitakami had and perhaps still has the highest friendly kill count in game :rolleyes: 

That's a relative stat and not surprising for a ship with only torpedoes as realistic armament. Seeing as it's pretty difficult to teamkill unintentionally without torpedoes, you could figure out why a ship with only torpedoes would top the TK charts. The more a ship relies on torpedoes, the higher it will place on those leaderboards.

What I'm getting at is that despite the number of torpedoes it carries and the useless guns, the way the ship plays makes unintentional TKs less likely than its torpedo loadout would lead you to believe.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

You basically needed a DD to smoke you into range, unload and gtfo.

That is, unless you were a jerk and you 

Get in the middle of a friendly fleet and you have 10 launchers, enough to launch all 40 torps in multiple directions

which is indeed where the high team kill count derives from. 

Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,965 battles

I don't think WG need to balance it - its the perfect "fun" ship.

In 14 games out of 15 it'd be detected and deleted without inflicting any damage, but in 1 game out of 15 the owner will have joy of being the (temporary) god of spam...

Players
1,344 posts
5,355 battles

I was so tempted to pull an April Fools on Reddit by finding some old Kitakami "team results" screen from the Beta and photoshopping them to make it look like it was played today. Then I'd create a "Spotted Kitakami driven by Supertester" thread with the PS'd screenshot added and the text saying "spotted this, ST wouldn't say anything but I thought it was out of the game? I've got a YouTtube link of the replay here - " and then put a Rick-Roll youtube link up.

I'm hilarious /s :D

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Wiki says it had 10.44 km detection range with the module and CE, its drops to 8km, so it should be able to torp from concealment. Still it would be outspotted by DDs  but considering the whine about invisifire easily countered by a DD spotting  I dont think kitakami will be back.