SeaWolf7

FPS drop since patch ..to repare patch...

6 comments in this topic

Question

[BS4]
Players
764 posts
5,139 battles

Has anyone else experienced this. I know there have been probs in the past with this but 2 weeks ago I bought a new power pack and graphics card for my pc and improved frame rate by nearly double!!! Logged in this morn and the FPs is running at half ...and if there is a lot of smoke on the screen its almost unplayable...How happy would you be if you spent £100's to improve your game play only to have it taken away because of something out of your controlI...just give me the finger why don't you WG id have more respect for you.:angry: I don't want to rant (much) so if anyone has the same issue or a way round it let me know.

I don't want to decrease my graphics settings...I shouldn't have to it was fine a couple of days ago. (settings on high no AA or antialiasing etc. was getting 50-55fps before patch...now 20-25/30 if lucky)

Concidering the fiasco over the last few days with the Patch that screwed things up im at my last straw with this game and the people who design it...

WG...this game is slipping like sand through your fingers imoa at the moment...you obviously don't care (because you would have checked/tested the patch before release if you did)...so why should we.

Edited by SeaWolf7

5 answers to this question

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,400 battles

Has anyone else experienced this. I know there have been probs in the past with this but 2 weeks ago I bought a new power pack and graphics card for my pc and improved frame rate by nearly double!!! Logged in this morn and the FPs is running at half ...and if there is a lot of smoke on the screen its almost unplayable...How happy would you be if you spent £100's to improve your game play only to have it taken away because of something out of your controlI...just give me the finger why don't you WG id have more respect for you.:angry: I don't want to rant (much) so if anyone has the same issue or a way round it let me know.

I don't want to decrease my graphics settings...I shouldn't have to it was fine a couple of days ago. (settings on high no AA or antialiasing etc. was getting 50-55fps before patch...now 20-25/30 if lucky)

Concidering the fiasco over the last few days with the Patch that screwed things up im at my last straw with this game and the people who design it...

WG...this game is slipping like sand through your fingers imoa at the moment...you obviously don't care (because you would have checked/tested the patch before release if you did)...so why should we.

Game was working fine (0.6.2) in between patches I built new PC, have now spent days cursing the new build trying to work out why it is worse than old one, now having chatted in Teamspeak with several clan mates, it seems that this IS an issue with 0.6.3 NOT the equipment.

Also it is not an issue with Intel CPU and AMD GPU....... Mine is AMD CPU with Nvidia GPU..... 58 FPS that fluctuates to random numbers down to 10FPS.... also ping starts at 150 and slowly drops back down to 28.....loading times are now abysmal (on an M2 Nvme)..... this patch is broken, along with the ridiculous Submarine bug that KILLS the game and requires a re install to clear it !

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 1700 @3.9 Ghtz

16Gb DDR4 3000

GTX 970 Strix

[BUSHI]
Players
3,034 posts
16,230 battles

Before the patch I had rock solid 47 FPS (limited in game file). Now  with 0.6.3 it fluctuates from 45 to 20 and sometimes even lower, when ping is stable 35 ms. Lowering video options do not help at all. Some keys like ESC or Page UP, Page Down are not working too.

Edited by Odo_Toothless

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,137 posts
5,909 battles

Same old FPS for me 50-60.

[BUSHI]
Players
3,034 posts
16,230 battles

Same old FPS for me 50-60.

Probably you have the state of the art computer ? Mine is a few years old, but still everything was fine on average video options until 0.6.3.

AMD x4 965BE, Radeon 7770 OC 1GB, 8 GB RAM, SSD. Processor when game is playing is occupied in a few %, but GPU is now - 100% all the time.

edit. just testing 0.6.4 and I see huge FPS gain both in port and in battle - stable 71 FPS :-)

Edited by Odo_Toothless