Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hans_the_Hawk

April Fools, I'm not amused

42 comments in this topic

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
69 posts
9,947 battles

Was anyone else expecting to have fun in Wowships today, I certainly was.

If WG think that trolling their player base is amusing to the players they are wrong. I was planning on buying premium for the first time in 2 months, and actually playing quite a few games this weekend but now i'm off to WarThunder , because at least they gave us something a bit different .

Shame on you WG yet again

Players
203 posts
3,548 battles

Just don't interact with the sub! How difficult is that to comprehend? 

Buy your premium time. 

Have fun. 

Players
46 posts
4,843 battles

Some people didnt really understand what the OP says.

Its not about the stupid bug WG managed to put in with the sub prank.

Its about the lack of playable april fools content.

Compare this to last years bathtub fun.

The difference is quiet much to say the least.

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I have't played the April Fools event yet for Warships. War Thunder though is absolutely amazing this year, bashing around in a Leo MBT with an attack gunship in reserve is great. Finally all those hours of flying in DCS with the Ka-50 are paying off lol. So much fun doing pop up attacks with the TOW missies.

Anyone else been having weird problems with the Warships patcher btw? I was barely getting 100kpbs for most of the day while everything else was downloading at my usual 7-800kpbs

Players
3,604 posts
7,323 battles

Surely this isn't it, a skin of a submarine introduced 2 days before April 1 isn't their special content for one of the biggest marketing opportunities of the year.

My guess is that the serious problems they had with the patch have delayed release of something, hopefully we'll see it in a couple of hours. 

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
69 posts
9,947 battles

I would have thought if they were having a problem implementing an "April Fools Event" we would have had some sort of an announcement from a member of WG staff.

[BRIT6]
Beta Tester
69 posts
9,947 battles

That post says nothing about a problem with implementing an Event, its just about a bug when people tried to play the sub pre April 1st, also its a day old and therefore not relevant 

[-5D2-]
Beta Tester
142 posts
8,048 battles

Oh Hans, you silly billy, have you not seen that the Czech navy is coming.........

I almost fell asleep reading the announcement, they really don't get humour at all do they.

TB.

Players
203 posts
3,548 battles

That post says nothing about a problem with implementing an Event, its just about a bug when people tried to play the sub pre April 1st, also its a day old and therefore not relevant 

The sub IS the April Fool event, silly billy.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

Nope, I must admit, WG is getting worse at this. I haven't found any of this remotely funny. In fact all it has done is irritate me so perhaps I've outgrown their diminishing sense of humour or they've dropped their target demographic to cater for 6 year olds. Either way it's mouthbreather stuff. In fact, I find the intro of RPF and the nerf to stealth fire even more funny, as I mentioned elsewhere. Ironically, WG nerfs stealth fire and then puts DD's on special in the premium store? That is the real joke here.

• Cool 3

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Was anyone else expecting to have fun in Wowships today, I certainly was.

If WG think that trolling their player base is amusing to the players they are wrong. I was planning on buying premium for the first time in 2 months, and actually playing quite a few games this weekend but now i'm off to WarThunder , because at least they gave us something a bit different .

Shame on you WG yet again

I feel sorry for you,

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

I feel kinda sad for Wargaming.

If they had put a lot of effort into April Fools content, players would've complained that they shouldn't have wasted so much time on it and that they should've been busy fixing the game/meta instead.

Now that they didn't put a lot of effort into it, players complain that they should've done more.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
654 posts

I feel sorry for you,

Why? I dont.

The april fools wasnt funny nor was it done on the right day. End of story.

It is sad they cant do something better/funnier.

Image result for queen victoria we are not amused

Edited by delaci76
  • Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,090 battles

I feel kinda sad for Wargaming.

If they had put a lot of effort into April Fools content, players would've complained that they shouldn't have wasted so much time on it and that they should've been busy fixing the game/meta instead.

Now that they didn't put a lot of effort into it, players complain that they should've done more.

Pity the devil all you like. In the end, he is still the devil. I don't feel sorry for them at all, this is their job. People need to stop fanning the flames of fanboyism toward WG and start acting like customers. The principle idea here is not friendship, it's business. Friendship with WG is a bonus following mutual respect, us for them, and them toward their playerbase. Other than this, their sense of humour is perhaps stereotypical. With what I won't say.
  • Cool 1

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Why? I dont.

The april fools wasnt funny nor was it done on the right day. End of story.

It is sad they cant do something better/funnier.

Image result for queen victoria we are not amused

I feel sorry that he feels the need to leave for such a mundane reason to play a game which is blatantly less fun

Players
178 posts
4,354 battles

seriously,i expected something better than a useless submarine.I mean warthunder got a moden warfare gamemode,previous year we had those riverboats and heck even verdun which is being developed by a small team of ww1 enthusiasts has the option to play as a trench rat...

[S0F]
Beta Tester
163 posts
6,413 battles

My guess is they are waiting for everybody to moan and complain then they will go 'April Fool's' and release the actual event.

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
1,333 posts

It's not like that they have written something about it in their patch notes. And who wants a free port slot? Nope, if there is something this profound like a useless sub all the players need a memo (announced by a telephone call) and a written apology before it appears in port. The apology has to be hand written and signed by all the moms of the devs.

Only this way it is acceptable to pull something like this. Period.

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,073 battles

being so easily pleased must be fairly underwhelming

Well, to be honest, if you are pleased that easily, life is overwhelmingly awesome since even small things can make you happy.

• Cool 1

Players
3,604 posts
7,323 battles

My guess is they are waiting for everybody to moan and complain then they will go 'April Fool's' and release the actual event.

My guess is that the bugs they've had with the patch have stopped them from releasing the planned content, I assume that they are working flat out trying to fix it but if they can't find a solution soon they may decided not to release at all and save the content for a later event.

Sign in to follow this