Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

WHAT is going ON with destroyer match making now!

12 comments in this topic

Players
141 posts
6,638 battles

Weren't we at a [edited] point where MM was supposed to even out dds. Gunboat vs Gunboat etc? So why am I in games where my side have three rus DDs (that understandably don't wanna cap) versus 2 ijn and one us DD?  End of storying - losing like pro's as we have no destroyer screen, Rus dds elected to go wide flanking, I had to cap in a BB, the other bbs were torp-farmed dual shimas, fletcher, nothing to screen - losing with one (late) cap and ending up 2v7 by the time the clock expires.

Seriously EVERYBODY knows having no stealthy DDs put a team at a horrible disadvantage, and when the other DDs just blatantly refuse to even try. It's even worse than the game where one team has three radar cruisers vs none... Because radar is not important in the current meta.

Why? Who figured it was a good idea to remove the DD balancing in MM? What is going on in this game - theres so much imbalance these days it's not even funny. But the core of that is the subject of another post. Seriously though. Why remove one of the few good changes lately?

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,675 battles

Gun boat vs DD is valid as I'm trying to play Trashkan and when you're the only DD on that side everyone expects you to cap but it's suicide vs real DDs and good concealment. Might as well try to Cruiser cap...

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

That is the problem of the incompetent RU DD in your game. Do not blame the MM.

You often give one liners when I wish you would expand your answers! :)

Now, seriously, you are a good player and I believe that you are also experienced and efficient in gunboat type DDs.:honoring:

I hacked my way through to "Kiev" and I'd like to go back and try to play them properly. Do you have any tips about contesting caps against more stealthy DDs? (e.g approaching at an angle that allows for a quick getaway if he has cruiser allies supporting him)

All the youtubers just seem to dive in and wipe the floor with the lot of them - but they are exceptional players!

[CATS]
Players
14,751 posts
10,885 battles

Take note if you have support or not.

The less support you have, the less agressive you should be.

Sail by the cap, do not enter, make sure your concealment radius does not hit the other side of the cap circle and watch for a few seconds.

If no ships show up and nobody caps, go for it, the cap is yours.

If somebody caps, wait a bit. Many smoke up unnecessarily. Go for the smoke and launch your torps and get out. If you do not get spotted, the enemy is probably still in smoke (try to avoid the cap circle to not warn the enemy DD of your presence).

If enemy does not smoke up, but seems alone or with distant support, you can go for cap (better take note what enemy DD were already spotted and were, unaccounted US DD can ruin your day). Make sure you have a way out.

If you do not have support or the enemy seems to have more, then you should not try to cap. Just try to screen your teammates. If you stay hidden, maybe the enemy DD will come for your side and leave his support behind.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,675 battles

I actually find Trashkan quite hard to play as her rudder and turning circle suck. Big ship too so you're easy to hit. Udaloi feels much more effective...

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

Nope afaik the balancing is in numbers of DD's. +/- 1 tolerance. Not in DD types.

[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles

Granted that in the russian DD tree I'm only in a Gnevny but...(well I own a Leningrad too, so I guess I'm actually at T7. enough to see fletchers and yuugumos in the other team, and yes, I've seen similar scenarios as the one described in the OP)

When I'm in a situation where I know I'm going to get outconcealed in a DD, and specially if my team relies on me as one of the few assets to do DD work, what I do is not to solo caps, but rather go to those most of the team goes for. I won't be able to win a cap fight by myself, but if I'm in front with my team behind, at least I might be able to light up the enemy high concealment DD/DDs so my team blasts them to oblivion/fends them off while I try to evade enemy fire and escape alive (which incidentally the russian DDs are the best at) until the threat is gone and I can cap unseen again.

obviously if there are other DDs better suited to do the job in my team, I'll pull back and play the second line fire support style russian DDs are best at. But if the team DD composition gives us a problem like the one described by the OP, is the time to man up and use your brains to manage the situation. Being at a concealment disadvantage is NOT an excuse not to do the job your class is supposed to perform.

Bottom point: yes, the MM needs some work, but the reason your team lost is because you had three egoist potatoes in three ships who failed to do what they were supposed to. Not because of MM.

[PMI]
Players
2,400 posts
5,608 battles

Take note if you have support or not.

The less support you have, the less agressive you should be.

Sail by the cap, do not enter, make sure your concealment radius does not hit the other side of the cap circle and watch for a few seconds.

If no ships show up and nobody caps, go for it, the cap is yours.

If somebody caps, wait a bit. Many smoke up unnecessarily. Go for the smoke and launch your torps and get out. If you do not get spotted, the enemy is probably still in smoke (try to avoid the cap circle to not warn the enemy DD of your presence).

If enemy does not smoke up, but seems alone or with distant support, you can go for cap (better take note what enemy DD were already spotted and were, unaccounted US DD can ruin your day). Make sure you have a way out.

If you do not have support or the enemy seems to have more, then you should not try to cap. Just try to screen your teammates. If you stay hidden, maybe the enemy DD will come for your side and leave his support behind.

Why dont you try that with a ship that has 8k conceal and moves like a cruiser. Bingo, you have the russian DDs...

Now, since you seem to have a lil clue, we will let this one slip.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I found it pretty funny playing WoWS for the first time in months. After the SF nerfs I expected to see fewer DD's instead I saw more DD's than any other class in the matches I was in at least 5 a side in tiers 4-10 spread. 

Also the current meta of "let's hug this corner and peek and shoot like heavy tanks in WoT" is pretty lame. 

Think I might finally unlock the Shiratsuyu and spread the POI into unsuspecting BB's.

Sign in to follow this