Sign in to follow this  
perrinluns

am i the only one who feels that containers need looking at?

25 comments in this topic

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
192 posts
6,821 battles

i dont know about you guys but ive been earning my 3 containers every day since christmas. and in that 3 months (since its last day of march)

the total super containers i have earned has been .........0

not one

i watched a you tuber op 50 containers on line no edditing all of his containers were try your luck containers which are meant to have a higher super container drop chance ...out of his 50 containers how many super containers did he get.......0.......out of 50 he got not a single super container..

i know before WG you have mentioned "well you will get periods of not getting any then a period of getting a load" WELL THE EVIDENCE SUGGESTS OTHERWISE.

so you need to do something about it cos im guessing a lot of people are getting narked with whole thing.

since you changed the paramiters so we dont even get a decent amount of flags anymore or the ridiculous drop i had the other day of a single camo you say you increased the drop change of super containers on the try your luck.....i disagree

does anyone else ....and if you want i will find the video link and put it up

sort it wargaming your comunity feel were being screwed....again

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,422 battles

sort it wargaming your comunity feel were being screwed....again

Get used to it. It's not like they are going to do anything. WG proved this more than once already how much they care. Besides If you go for signal flags you still get a nice amount of flags. 

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Why do you want supercontainers anyways? The only thing you'll get are useless upgrades. There's really no point in using the TYL choice anymore. Choose money, or flags or consumables and get some actual profit of them, even of regular ones.

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

i dont know about you guys but ive been earning my 3 containers every day since christmas. and in that 3 months (

I got 2 SCs pretty much right after I started back in October/November and haven't had another since. Admittedly I've far from earned 3 containers everyday but I have played a fair amount.

Unfortunately that's the drawback of things being random. Some are lucky and get more, some are unlucky and get jack crap. What WG could do is that they could add sort of a "mercy"-clause (pardon my French, English isn't my native language and it's been a long day) in which after 50 or 100 duds you get a guaranteed SC to even things out. Unlikely though as WG aren't really known for giving stuff out just to be nice.

*I like how the forum automatically changed S--- to crap. Oh well...

Edited by CleverViking

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Maybe a good idea should be to put some kind of container between the regular and the SC, with a bigger drop chance than SCs, lets say you get 1-2 a week opening 3 crates per day.

Inside you have the new downgrades, 1 M creds, 50 flags , around 250 gold etc...

They are not huge rewards but still enough to make the player feel like he got something good and no 4 flags again and again during weeks.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,117 posts
11,654 battles

I have no idea what OP is talking about.

I LOVE the disappointment that I feel when I open the big golden signwritten Super Container to find it's a 600k credits module 

:trollface:

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,275 posts
6,686 battles

I LOVE the disappointment that I feel when I open the big golden signwritten Super Container to find it's a 600k credits module 

Im not even getting those :X 

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
192 posts
6,821 battles

your right it is a free bonus and the argument of "its free so you should be happy" does seem on the surface to be valid.

however

my comparison would be if you went out for a meal and the offer was buy a meal and get a free desert and on the ad the desert looked like an angel hand crated your favorite woman ( or man) out of chocolate fondant with gold leaf and cream but what you actually got was something that looked like a tourettes sufferer had tried to make a pancake blind fold ..........you might say something.

that what happening here we are promised great new idea with better chance of drop etc and were getting pancakes!!! crap ones too

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

your right it is a free bonus and the argument of "its free so you should be happy" does seem on the surface to be valid.

however

my comparison would be if you went out for a meal and the offer was buy a meal and get a free desert and on the ad the desert looked like an angel hand crated your favorite woman ( or man) out of chocolate fondant with gold leaf and cream but what you actually got was something that looked like a tourettes sufferer had tried to make a pancake blind fold ..........you might say something.

that what happening here we are promised great new idea with better chance of drop etc and were getting pancakes!!! crap ones too

Statistics would tell you that you should get 3-7 supercontainers per year if you receive 3 containers every single day of the year so there is no reasonable expectation to receive anything else than the normal non supercontainers.

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

Every container is a free bonus.

They could speed up the collect and opening process. Are they really worth the time?

Beta Tester
186 posts
6,362 battles

I don't open containers anymore. Just super containers. Don't need the 3 random flags.

Your loss.

I get six premium consumables and some random bonus with every container.

To be honest, I don´t really care about supercontainers and I don´t expect them. If I get one, I will be happy, if not ... well, I still get my free consumables...

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts

Any container is better then 'daily missions' and atop of that, there is a chance of getting things normaly one has to pay for...

The very moment only 10k pops out of each container, I consider moment something is indeed seriously wrong with them...

What WG did wrong is started with much higher chance of getting both SC and rare stuff out of them, then should have.

You know, once you get used to lobsters for dinner, it is hard to go back to cabbage and knödels... (although tastes vary) :trollface:

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

Since the release of containers i've only had 2 supers (with exception of the guaranteed 1st Super container that came with release),and those were in the first week after release.

After that? Nothing.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,679 posts
5,569 battles

In the last 2 months ive had 5m credits, the engine boost mod and yesterday 1k doubloons.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,555 battles

7 of 150 TYL after patch all upgrades, 13 of 327 Before.

Nevertheless with the various Campaigns etc I feel that it is better than the Daily missions , the earnings for playing aside from the rewards for achievements has increased compared with before the SCs were introduced.

Before patch that nerfed containers when you could have 250 flags it felt better. Or 250 DCP II. Now after 7 upgtades it certainly feels that this "reward" are the only thing even if some has stated taht it is possible to win other things.

But it would have been nice to know what chances there are for a ship , even if it is just 1 in 50 if you draw a SC. It is like buying (with your time) a lottery ticket from different lotteries and not know any of the chances to win in either.

I accept that the chances are low for a good win and that the boxes are sort of "free" stuff to make us play but why not give us a chance to choose with at least some knowledge?

Beta Tester
359 posts
1,963 battles

Every container is a free bonus.

every container is a way to help the f2p base as to not leave the game, only bonus are the SC and i have not got one since new year. 

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

In the last 2 months ive had 5m credits, the engine boost mod and yesterday 1k doubloons.

you are soooooooooooooooooo lucky! i whish i was too

[-CIA-]
Players
50 posts
8,778 battles

How I got my SUpercontainers:

27 Dec 2016 - 10 million credits
30 Dec 2016 - 250 anti detonation flags
06 Jan 2017 - 250 Speed flags
07 Jan 2017 - 250 anti fire flags
03 Mar 2017 - Smoke Generator II

I stopped trying my luck on March 1st. You can clearly see that prior to super container nerf it was possible to get around 2 super containers in a week, I think WG over did their nerf like always. Definitely needs some looking into. If however they want to keep the current drop rate of super containers then I absolutely do not want to see certain super containers like smoke screen generator II (I don't play USN DDs), anti detonation flags (I rarely get detonated anyways and I do - yes I DO - enjoy them happening sometimes) etc etc...

If they are giving us a super container once in 3 months, then I want just few things, either a premium ship, Engine Boost mod II (because I have 6 high tier Russian DDs that can use them) or Usable flags.

• Cool 2

Players
151 posts
9,183 battles

Yet even after the SC nerf (having recieved a spotter plane and smoke thing) I still find them preferable to the old daily missions. I don't feel at all screwed compared to the old days.

But my Kiev is longing for the speed boost mod (I should've persevered with ranked battles to tier IX).:facepalm:

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Am I the only one who couldn't care less? We're getting it for free. Don't like it? Don't open them.

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles
Thread closed due to there being already existing threads on this topic that the OP could have posted to. Please use the search function next time.