Ph3lan

Event Calendar for April

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

57 posts in this topic

Well the EU had Katori for free already quite some time ago during the GNB campaign, plus in contests etc... Funny thing that when we have something others don't, nobody here seems to notice :hiding:

Cannot promise König Albert for next month, however there were quite a few chances to get free ships - and there will be in the future as well. Cannot really say more - keep watching the portal and facebook though.

I wasn't around back then, so there went my chance. But i googled the GNB...

Katori: 450 diamonds.

Weekly missions: 80/100D (x5, five times the week)

General missions: 500D

That meant in order to get the Katori, you had to play for 5 weeks in a row, doing most all of the weekly tasks AND some of the monthly just to get the ship? Miss a week and you've very likely lost the chance to get the ship. That's a whole lot more effort than casually grinding 38.5k base XP in the ships (class & nation) you like, without jumping through additional hoops of having to play a certain style or complete a certain requirement, nor having it time-gated to come back every week... And get some camos & consumables along the way as well, together with a 5-point captain.

Well: the NA deal is a hell of a lot better. The same one for the ASIA.

EDIT: those GNB, that were these missions? earn 100k XP in a week (that's nearly triple the base XP requirement for the entire NA Katori challenge for which they had a month) did yield 20 diamonds, or 4.5% of the total diamond count for Katori... Wow... And you can say with a straight face that those were similar events? WOW!!!!!

EDIT: Oh, for some insights you may want to check this PODCAST from yesterday :honoring:

You mean this? Not too impressed with the answers given. And I'm not alone with that by the looks of it. And the key question of why the EU gets harder requirements for compared to other regions does not get touched. If every office can decide independently from one another to do stuff, it all boils down to plain malice from the Paris staff. Otherwise we would see NA-events as well.

1 person likes this

Seriously talking about GNB? :D

If I did that I would never even talk about it ever in my life. But it's Wargaming and you guys have done worst things so talking about less terrible things to save yourselves in other cases seems to be working for you. Well, at least what you think. :D

It's like talking about the success of Santa's Christmas Mission. Dude. Stahp!

Wish that they will at least say what will be discounted when it is a special weekend, cause I have unlocked the North Carolina and now have the Credits, however if it is to be discounted this coming weekend I will hold off as I have the option of buying the Roon as well. But last Weekends special only discounted tiers 3-7 and 10, so it might not effect me at all. This list is rather lacking in useful information.

2 people like this

Aaww, come on. GNB was not that bad. In fact, I think it was one of the coolest event ever in WoWS, along with the hunt for Kamikaze R (same concept). I think I only missed out some of the DD missions in GNB, hence I could not afford Katori AND Smith but only Katori along with some other goodies. But we all got some nice stuff out of it and most missions really just required playing. The XP missions were not about base XP (except where stated otherwise) but XP including premium, flags, daily win etc.

I would love to see something similar again. Today we have campaigns so I guess we will get a new one (as announced in December/January) but with GNB and Kamikaze we shared common goals for server-wide benefits like additional bonus weekends etc, which was pretty nice.

Today we have campaigns so I guess we will get a new one (as announced in December/January) but with GNB and Kamikaze we shared common goals for server-wide benefits like additional bonus weekends etc, which was pretty nice.

today ? wut ? any info ?

WG announced they will provide campaign info last week (which they obviously didnt)

today just end week missions as i know

when does easter event start?

right after "april fools event" stops

Is this new Event something to do with Fire and Ice?

06173b9c-109e-11e7-bc97-ac162d8bc1e41.jp

​How close was I? :) Fire and Water

Is this a new trend, no discount on tiers 8, 9 &10 on a weekend special... Fine I won't play any lines above tier 7 anymore, might as well repurchase the Colorado then, Tier 7's earn more credits on average anyway.

1 person likes this

Now that it's been confirmed that buying Kamikaze R while already owning it will only result in credit compensation it's time for me to complain again :

Either compensate in doubloons (2000) & the camo + port slut.

Or add the camo in the doubloon package (2000 doubloons + Kamikaze Permaflage) without port slut.

But giving long time player (ie those who own Kamikaze R) NO FAIR opportunity to get the new camo isn't quite nice cause let's be honest, if we own Kamikaze R that means we have, obviously, atleast one premium that makes decent credit so a few millions credit and the camo isn't worth 2000 doubloons let's be honest (especially since we could mod the camo).

Overall, I love this event.

#TeamFire

Edited.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to not being in correct language   

Edited by Asklepi0s

Now that it's been confirmed that buying Kamikaze R while already owning it will only result in credit compensation it's time for me to complain again :

Either compensate in doubloons (2000) & the camo + port slut.

Or add the camo in the doubloon package (2000 doubloons + Kamikaze Permaflage) without port slut.

But giving long time player (ie those who own Kamikaze R) NO FAIR opportunity to get the new camo isn't quite nice cause let's be honest, if we own Kamikaze R that means we have, obviously, atleast one premium that makes decent credit so a few millions credit and the camo isn't worth 2000 doubloons let's be honest (especially since we could mod the camo).

Overall, I love this event.

#TeamFire

This is the thread you were looking for: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/77815-clash-of-the-elements-event/page__st__480#topmost

Is this a new trend, no discount on tiers 8, 9 &10 on a weekend special... Fine I won't play any lines above tier 7 anymore, might as well repurchase the Colorado then, Tier 7's earn more credits on average anyway.

It is like WoT, but i am not sure there were discounts on Tier 8-10 before regularly.

how is any working person going to be able to collect the 800 needed for the kam, I play alot of this game but that has gotta be impossible for 9-5 folks......I think they cant bare the thought of giving a ship out cash free.....

Edited by White_knight_82

I would love to see just how many of these credits people manage to earn on average and what percentage manages to earn 800.

Someone calculated it would take about 80 hours of play time per week  to get enough coins for a kamikaze...

It is like WoT, but i am not sure there were discounts on Tier 8-10 before regularly.

Only this year have weekend specials excluded tiers 8-10 (except that 1 that included the Yamato) makes me even less likely to grind above tier 7.

I would love to see just how many of these credits people manage to earn on average and what percentage manages to earn 800.

Someone calculated it would take about 80 hours of play time per week  to get enough coins for a kamikaze...

260 this week for me and I didn't put that much effort in it, ~100 games T7 average., I'll play a bit more this weekend and the next and it should be an easy free 2000 doubloons.

21 - 25 April: SPECIAL - the French Navy has arrived!

• To greet our new branch there will be something special in the air. Get ready to cause your adverseries some serious damage!

what did i miss here?

(but being honest, i did get me a Dunkerque, which was 30 % off)

29 April - 02 May: SPECIAL - Labor Day

• If previous specials did not boost your progress enough - here is some more goodies - and experience. And a prolonged weekend to boot!
  • i can not wait!!!

disappointment.jpg

what did i miss here?

Dunkerque sale and a mission a free port slot & few goodies for playing french ships.

29 April - 02 May: SPECIAL - Labor Day

• If previous specials did not boost your progress enough - here is some more goodies - and experience. And a prolonged weekend to boot!

Great job telling us that equipment and port slots are to be on sale with this. I'm glad I only wasted credits and not doubloons yesterday.