You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migulaitor

Premium ships nerfs and refunds.

225 comments in this topic

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

I just wanted to ask if it was possible to get a refund (doubloons accepted) on ships who lost the ability to invisifire because they got nerfed. In my case Anshan and Atlanta  (Yeah it was possible with Atlanta, just kiting your enemy at max range while he is comming, you needed AFT and CE)

The doubloons will be well invested in the only and true class, BBs so WG has nothing to be afraid of.

• Cool 4

Players
92 posts
6,007 battles

Premium ships are still affected by global changes which these changes to the visibilty and gunbloom are.

So no you probably will not get a refund.

• Cool 1

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

Don't think they'll refund you. The argument is easy, the ship you bought is exactly the same, what changed was a game mechanic.

But you don't lose nothing for trying, open a ticket and see what they tell you :) . Got me curious.

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

If some ship was sold with WG advertising it as a feature, ie like the Blyskawica or similar, then yes they should.

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

If some ship was sold with WG advertising it as a feature, ie like the Blyskawica or similar, then yes they should.

Don't think they advertised SF as a feature for the Blyska, I know this was mentioned somewhere but tbh I didn't followed that to see if anyone had proof of that.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,687 posts
5,569 battles

Don't think they advertised SF as a feature for the Blyska, I know this was mentioned somewhere but tbh I didn't followed that to see if anyone had proof of that.

I got bored enough to check it. They literally said the opposite, saying how powerful it was despite not being very stealthy.

The advertised desctiption

Błyskawica in a nutshell:

Large silhouette means, that Blyskawica is not too good at stealth - use your speed and powerful gun armament to dictate the engagement. With speed boost you can run down any ship weaker than you - and get away from anything stronger!
    While torpedoes may seems just like an afterthought, they can still come in handy later in the game, whenever you can meet a lone battleship or carrier. Do not forget they are pretty slow - to have a sure hit, you have to get close in and personal!
    Once again, you are not too stealthy - do not worry about giving away your positions and let the seven 120mm Bofors guns do the talking. With AP, you can easily get through weaker armoured cruisers and anything too tough or too squishy deserves a steady diet of HE!

So if they decided to remodel the ship to have less than 7 guns you could claim its not whats advertised.

Edit: You could however possibly argue that it was advertised as being able to use the speed boost to get away from anything stronger. Try out running a kiev ;)

• Cool 2

Players
130 posts
7,677 battles

I always wonder what part of "subject to change" people tend to not understand with games. Plus seeing as the ships you mentioned aren't exactly new additions but have been around for quite a while, this is almost comparable to trying to get a refund on a car that already has 100000 kilometers on the clock just because the road got bumpier to drive on.

Sure, the change bites, but then again the features of the ships themselves have not been changed. So actually I hope your request falls on deaf ears.

Players
130 posts
7,677 battles

I got bored enough to check it. They literally said the opposite, saying how powerful it was despite not being very stealthy.

The advertised desctiption

Błyskawica in a nutshell:

Large silhouette means, that Blyskawica is not too good at stealth - use your speed and powerful gun armament to dictate the engagement. With speed boost you can run down any ship weaker than you - and get away from anything stronger!
    While torpedoes may seems just like an afterthought, they can still come in handy later in the game, whenever you can meet a lone battleship or carrier. Do not forget they are pretty slow - to have a sure hit, you have to get close in and personal!
    Once again, you are not too stealthy - do not worry about giving away your positions and let the seven 120mm Bofors guns do the talking. With AP, you can easily get through weaker armoured cruisers and anything too tough or too squishy deserves a steady diet of HE!

So if they decided to remodel the ship to have less than 7 guns you could claim its not whats advertised.

Edit: You could however possibly argue that it was advertised as being able to use the speed boost to get away from anything stronger. Try out running a kiev ;)

Except he couldn't since if I remember correctly the kiev wasn't around at the time of the release of the Blys. Also: try outrunning a Leningrad :-)

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

I always wonder what part of "subject to change" people tend to not understand with games. Plus seeing as the ships you mentioned aren't exactly new additions but have been around for quite a while, this is almost comparable to trying to get a refund on a car that already has 100000 kilometers on the clock just because the road got bumpier to drive on.

Sure, the change bites, but then again the features of the ships themselves have not been changed. So actually I hope your request falls on deaf ears.

That's not a appropriate comparison. Digital goods aren't subject to wear and tear, and it's very unlikely that your car was sold to you by the same people who made and maintains the road it's driving on. In that regard it's far more comparable to a galaxy note 7, or better yet some business with a monopoly who randomly tells you that a product you recently bought will be unusable and you have to buy something else.
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

Except he couldn't since if I remember correctly the kiev wasn't around at the time of the release of the Blys. Also: try outrunning a Leningrad :-)

Well they've been selling different premiums with different advertising blurbs at different, and I doubt it would be easy to track them all down.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,921 battles

Technically they have. Upon release one could hover over the main guns and see "Detection after Firing = Xkm". Since Thursday, when one hovers over the main guns the text will read "Detection after Firing = Ykm"

The ships that were bought have been changed directly.They are no longer the ships that were paid for. The fact that ALL ships in the game have been directly changed is irrelevant as people did not pay real money for the non-premiums.

Iirc, upon release, a whole swathe of Russian DDs could stealthfire. WG added an increase in gun bloom for all Russian DDs (greater than that of all other DDs at the time - something like +5.xkm instead of +3.6km) BUT they left the Gremy unchanged as it was a premium and they didn't want to deal with refund requests.

Edit: As a hypothetical question, what if WG, in their infinite wisdom, decided to set the maximum speed of ALL ships in game to 25kts. Would it be acceptable to ask for a refund on, say, the Leningrad following a change like that?

Edited by xxNihilanxx
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

Also other premiums got direct buffs to offset captain skill changes (MK most notably) while others did not, like the Omaha clones.

Most premiums who have become worse comparatively are a case of power creep (tirpitz and warspite for example, with the oddity of the atago having been fairly poor to begin with, then buffed to the top then having power creep again catch up to it).

Beta Tester
4,198 posts
9,514 battles

Ishizuchi, Marblehead and Texas got buffed.

Do I owe WG money now?

Business doesn't work like this. If you go to a store and the owner gives you something extra it's his choice to do so. If he instead takes back half of what you purchased after the purchase was done, then it's theft or fraud.
  • Cool 7

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Ishizuchi, Marblehead and Texas got buffed.

Do I owe WG money now?

Yes, yes you do. 

The ship you bought does not have the same specs as it has originaly, so you have to shell out some moneys. ^^

Beta Tester
237 posts
4,330 battles

You're asking for more pay to win. If Premiums are not only immune to getting hit with nerf bats are also immune to adverse changes to game mechanics then that would be incredibly bad for the game overall.

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

invis firing atlanta...:rolleyes:

Its an option, its always good to have more options to fight your enemy. And farming slow BBs while invisifiring them was hilarious, with amazing moments like: "Atlanta can not invisifire so reported for hax" and the best one "(Insert name of a dd player on my team) reported because it can not fire 14 shells, I have replay bla bla I will send it bla bla" said DD was in the other side of the map :D

You're asking for more pay to win. If Premiums are not only immune to getting hit with nerf bats are also immune to adverse changes to game mechanics then that would be incredibly bad for the game overall.

Yeah because Atlanta OP, I bought it knowing it was slow, had little HP, awfull shell speed, terrible armor and a cute caliber. Still a lovely ship I wanted.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
8,053 battles

Maybe I should ask for a refund on my umbrella and AC unit because global warming...

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,921 battles

I don't see it that way. If somebody pays for a product they should not have that product replaced with an inferior one down the line. WG are, of course, free to make changes BUT if those changes adversely affect paid-for products then they should also offer refunds to those who want them.

If WG want to avoid giving refunds then I suggest they slow down their release schedule, perform longer and more proper testing - both off and on the PTS and thus greatly reduce the need for nerfs further down the line. As it is they have adopted the strategy of "bang them out and we'll change stuff in the future if needed". It may be financially prudent in the short-term but it also opens up the desires for refunds.

If lots of people demand refunds, stop paying for premium ships for fear of them being nerfed in the future or get miffed at WG to the extent that stop paying any money or they leave for good then THAT is going to ultimately be far worse for the game than leaving people with the actual products that they paid for.

Edited by xxNihilanxx

Players
1,873 posts
2,443 battles

if memory serves when błyskawica was firstly russian DD line was already in game and iirc Kiev on the exact same tier as Błyskawica

was also at a time the only silver ship on T7 that could freely engage Błyskawica in Artillery duel without being at an instand disadvantage......

but then they nerfed Kiev....

and then they've introduced that split tree....

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,994 battles

If WG had to offer refunds every time a general change effected premium ships negatively they would either have to stop selling premiums or stop patching the game.

Should a premium ship become bad as a result of a global change, then it will get a buff as with every other ship. I'm actually quite certain that premiums have buff-priority if they end up needing it, since it's in WG's best interest to keep premium ship purchases seem like a safe investment.