You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mrk421

Balance changes of 2017 so far... part 1 - the best ones

Best balance changes of 2017 so far  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is in your opinion the best tweak to gameplay balance made in 2017 so far? You can select a maximum of 2

• Introduction of the new commander skill tree in 0.6.0
    • Introduction of Elite Commander XP and making 19 point commanders attainable in 0.6.0
    • Removal of Bastion game mode in 0.6.1
    • Introduction of the alternative Soviet destroyer line in 0.6.2
    • Alternative control interface for Aircraft carriers in 0.6.3
    • Improvements to the firing ranges of many ships in 0.6.3
    • All of the above are so good that it's difficult pick only 2 that stand out
    • I don't think any of the above changes are any good
    • I have my own favourites not listed here (write in the comments)

9 comments in this topic

[USEUR]
Players
430 posts
4,269 battles

This is the counter-poll to the one I posted about the worst game balance changes. In this one we search for the best changes, as not all of the changes that have been made to WoWs have been awful.

Cast your vote and let WG know what the actual players appreciate in their game.

PS. The poll for the worst changes of 2017 so far can be found here

Beta Tester
300 posts

Removal of stealth fire, more for the entertainment it has provided on this forum than for any gameplay difference.  

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

Removal of stealth fire, more for the entertainment it has provided on this forum than for any gameplay difference.  

This user profile is private.

Very entertaining indeed :popcorn:

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,917 posts
9,280 battles

Allowing me to train a commander by using already maxed out commanders...   Genius.

Since I've pretty much ground out all the ships I want, or I have premiums that will do, the best use of my time is playing at low tiers with my Tier 19 Commanders.  I can train lesser commanders by exclusively using my best. This gives me a massive advantage over most other players at these low tiers.   If I were any good at this game I could break it.  Fortunately I'm pretty bad a decision making...  the effect is not that pronounced.

[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,791 posts
16,248 battles

Removal of stealth fire, even if the way it has been done / the apparent lack of compensation for some DDs is annoying.

(I.e. not lettting BB AP do regular pens on DDs would be one way to help them)

Players
15 posts

Very entertaining indeed :popcorn:

Lel :)

So if someone doesn't show off their stats for everyone to see, their opinion is irrelevant? Way to go mate. Also don't bother to check my profile, it's private and will remain so, statwhoring in World of Tanks was enough.

Anyway, ships like South Carolina and Ishizuchi receiving a range buff is something I welcome, and while I don't like getting hammered by SKILL, Japanese destroyers getting range buffs is also nice for them (they already have some of the worst turret traverse and rate of fire among destroyers, I doubt they would win in a gun duel against the Russians or Americans).

I saw videos of the old captain skill tree and TBH it looked simpler, though the requirements for that 19th point were absolutely nuts. :(

Players
136 posts
2,171 battles

Out of that list I think it's elite commander xp. I don't currently have a 19-point captain, and far from it. But I can see it being very useful when I finally get one.