Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_noodle

0.6.3 micropatch issues 31st March

62 comments in this topic

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

Because everyone comes to gameplay and not current update the link for today's gameplay issues - which I am facing (bugged UI etc) - I'm posting the link here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/77014-update-063-feedback-bug-reports/page__pid__1730945__st__20

My workaround: first game is ok then it goes wrong. Suggest restart client after each game. 

I suspect WG are aware and very busy trying to fix. 

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

I hope so, I just stopped playing because of this. Not funny at all. Getting sick of restarting the client every time.

If there are news would be nice if you post them here.

• Cool 1

Players
116 posts
7,189 battles

Well,game was bad before and now sucks even more.

WoWS is on WoWP path. nothing WG can do about it.

Edited by Hawker_gb

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I can select about half my ships. 

Suggested fix (temporary);
Pick a boat you want to play continuously until they fix it. :amazed:

Beta Tester
1,039 posts
7,436 battles

Well,game was bad before and now sucks even more.

WoWS is on WoWP path. nothing WG can do about it.

Thats just BS, if you think so, you better move on. The game has its problems but almost every online game has this.

The problems right now are bad but that can happen. Just give them a bit of time to fix it.

• Cool 2

[SKIDZ]
Players
799 posts

Not sure what this says about me but on my second game in the Neptune i lost my guns on the cross hair went on to get 187k damage and 2.9k base xp 

Noticed yesterday the UI was very sluggish especially when zooming in and out

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Beta Tester
164 posts

The only issue I've had with the micro patch today was leaving the battle results screen as it would not let me leave it at first, took about a minute to leave that and all the results pages still worked with no issues, just the back to port button, the x on the top right and pressing escape seem to do almost nothing

[RONIN]
Players
38 posts

After the patch the game does not close after the battle: the mouse does not work on "OK" and I have to close and restart. All very slow.

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

After each battle check your UI. If you find any faults in port you'll get problems in game. Restart client.

Or wait till it's fixed.

No point screaming about it. These things happen with all IT systems. I should know :)

Players
205 posts
25,955 battles

After each battle check your UI. If you find any faults in port you'll get problems in game. Restart client.

Or wait till it's fixed.

No point screaming about it. These things happen with all IT systems. I should know :)

Yes, things happen with all IT systems, especially when patches are not thoroughly tested...what happens now in game should have been noticed 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,295 battles

This is, without a doubt the most buggy patch i have ever seen in my gaming history. Never in the 6 years im playing WG games have i seen something so bad, and i played Fallout New Vegas and Oblivion ...

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

Yes, things happen with all IT systems, especially when patches are not thoroughly tested...what happens now in game should have been noticed 

Yes. This is what happens when you do a "minor update" and don't do a full regression test. It's easy to do "this code change can't possibly affect anything" without knowing someone else has used your code in another area. It happens a lot in IT especially when you are on tight deadlines with multiple versions being worked on at the same time usually. The other suspect is usually putting more code than you intended live and mixing versions. 

Not saying I know what the issue is. I don't. Not saying I think WG have done a great job here. I'm just saying that even with the best controls in the world these things still happen. 

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

This is, without a doubt the most buggy patch i have ever seen in my gaming history. Never in the 6 years im playing WG games have i seen something so bad, and i played Fallout New Vegas and Oblivion ...

Well. You aren't on NA. Remember the patch when the UI froze in battle and no one could aim at ships? 

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
968 posts
10,888 battles

Or wait till it's fixed.

As I understand things today's micro-patch was, in part, to address some of the bugs that had made it into the game DESPITE being reported during the PTS. The patch went live on Thursday as it usually does which tells me that WG have a release schedule that they will try to stick to no matter what (I think there have been only a couple of times in the history of the game when a patch was delayed slightly to address issues raised in the PTS). The fact that basic PTS feedback like this is ignored doesn't really allow for the "These things happen with all IT systems" excuse. These bugs were reported and allowed to go live regardless, all in the name of sticking to a release schedule. It is unacceptable, to be honest.

I, for one, am glad that the people behind this run an online game and not a kitchen..

"The meal is set for 7.30, send it out"

"But the chicken is not properly cooked, it's still a little raw inside"

"Send it anyway, 7.30 is 7.30"

"But we'll make them ill"

"It's fine, we can send the meal now and treat the ill later"

What an attitude WG.

• Cool 4

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,302 battles

Also I can't open my battle-list, the little i in the bottom right does nothing anymore.. That's crap because if I want to view post-battle results I'll have to wait every game to the end even if I die early... :angry:

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Yes. This is what happens when you do a "minor update" and don't do a full regression test. It's easy to do "this code change can't possibly affect anything" without knowing someone else has used your code in another area. It happens a lot in IT especially when you are on tight deadlines with multiple versions being worked on at the same time usually. The other suspect is usually putting more code than you intended live and mixing versions. 

Not saying I know what the issue is. I don't. Not saying I think WG have done a great job here. I'm just saying that even with the best controls in the world these things still happen. 

Noodle, I must have given you more likes than I've given to any other poster on the forum - but you are way off beam here. (And I suspect that deep down you know it).

The symptoms of the latest bug would have been found with even the most basic of testing.  (I worked my whole life in IT, and a portion of this in QA).

This is like the details of the missions in the 0.6.3 patchnotes. These were wrong. So they added an "UPDATE" paragraph.....and THAT was wrong as well! :)

As i said on another thread, I wouldn't put these guys in charge of a Zebra Crossing.

My sig says it all.

Edited by Admiral_H_Nelson

Beta Tester
914 posts

Not sure if it's a bug but I was having real issues turning yesterday, my rudder took a couple of goes to engage in either direction.  

Supertest Coordinator
6,336 posts
4,250 battles

Noodle, I must have given you more likes than I've given to any other poster on the forum - but you are way off beam here. (And I suspect that deep down you know it).

The symptoms of the latest bug would have been found with even the most basic of testing.  (I worked my whole life in IT, and a portion of this in QA).

This is like the details of the missions in the 0.6.3 patchnotes. These were wrong. So they added an "UPDATE" paragraph.....and THAT was wrong as well! :)

As i said on another thread, I wouldn't put these guys in charge of a Zebra Crossing.

My sig says it all.

No I'm not defending WG. It's unacceptable that a release should go in - ever - that breaks the game. Even, in fact especially, "hot fixes". But there is no point in getting annoyed that's all. These things do happen, they shouldn't, but they do. I would like a day of premium back though. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this