Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kastike

Loving the update and new 'realistic' mechanics

7 comments in this topic

Players
188 posts
3,803 battles

Gotta say that I kinda like it when WG decided to remove all that arcadey stuff from game. That silly aiming reticle is now gone and you have to actually estimate where the target is in relation to your screen, this alone will get rid of those newbies. Reload info is also gone, now you'll have to listen carefully or count in your head just to know when you can shoot. Of course before pressing the mouse button you'll need to check whether your turrets are actually pointing at the target. And we finally got rid of that annoying torpedo warning, no more flashing lights in the HUD distracting the player. You also now get only the order of battle info at the start of the match - no more that silly press Tab to see who are left.

Still I have to complain a bit about the fact that when you're finally destroyed or around when the game ends, you get stuck in the post battle screen and have to force shut down and restart the client just to get into next match. I can see what WG was trying with this, but I think that it is a bit too much. But the one thing I really can't understand is that, why an earth they had to lower the frame rate into 10-15 range, that is a bit annoying. Oh... I'm also wandering why they decided that it is best to not see what you're typing into chat?

Overall I'd give a thumbs up for this micropatch, but WG could be a bit more specific on their patch notes.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles

why an earth they had to lower the frame rate into 10-15 range, that is a bit annoying. Oh... I'm also wandering why they decided that it is best to not see what you're typing into chat?

They're simulating your crew coming from shore leave with a massive hangover and every STD known to man plagueing them.

[SKIDZ]
Players
869 posts

Only thing ive noticed from before is now my key binds have stayed put no more keybinding every time i log in to play

Beta Tester
306 posts
3,699 battles

same thing here, cant select ships in port, no crosshairs in game, no reload timer

great work WG , testing patch seemed to do wonders.......

Supertest Coordinator
6,337 posts
4,337 battles

Something is very wrong. But reports are coming in on the current update page. All sorts of port and UI issues.

Workaround: Restart game client after every battle.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,445 posts
7,016 battles

Something is very wrong. But reports are coming in on the current update page. All sorts of port and UI issues.

Workaround: Restart game client after every battle. stop playing until they fix the bloody problem.

FIFY.

The fact that the patch was supposed to fix voice chat and submarine divisions and somehow breaks UI both in port and in game is truly baffling.  But, a small amount of testing should have told them that they had, in fact, made things much worse!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this