Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kutfroat

stock range and rpf or full range aft on usdd?

5 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
97 posts

hi!

i'm thinking about these 2 options, if one could or which one would better work. first would be to go back to stock range module on everything t7 plus, take rpf and become only anti-dd knife fighters, but completely useless against lonesome bb with your guns, but that would mean giving in to another unreasonable nerf to gunboat dd. (bb players seem to think, gunboat dd may or even must not harm them, but in reality, stealth fire punished only lonesome bb, and they should get punished for leaving their team, and the gunboat dd deserved the kill when he managed to get to an isolated bb and it still took ages to burn even a half hp bb down...so complete fail by the bb player if he bacame victim to stealth fire...but thats off topic), or option 2...

go full range, with aft and use the range to now dodge bb shells from 11+ km in the second half of the game. because the problem allways was, shooting a bb from around 10km and being seen, didnt end too well for a dd and that without switching to he, so we/i used stealthfire on the ones that made the mistake to stray too far away from their team...situational. i'm aware aft is mostly useless, but it would help in that situations, because a bb cant dodge your shells, even with terrible arc, and you will set fires, but its much easier to dodge bb shells from around 12km than from 10 or below.

i've used aft for some time on sims, and it actually worked well in the second half of the game, but that was before dd fire bloom hard nerf...but, think about it. i mean to capitalze on the range only against bb without support closer to me than themselfes. i hope you guys understand what i mean.

greetings!

edit: my point ist not about the use/uselessnes of aft on us dd. if you think it's in your opinion useless, fine. i had no problems hitting big, fat battleships on max range, even with terrible arcs, just lead your shots more, and set them on fire. utilizing stealthfire was nothing else btw.

it's about sacrificing range and becoming knife fighter only, but mostly a torpedo boat (with slow easy to dodge torps) for the second half of most games or gaining some range, meaning you have to play more careful at beginning (go into caps but dont yolo shoot everything, because its harder to disengage now), but being able to still punish bb later into the game (aft + demo exp. of course) just like we could prior to last patch?

(except gearing for obvious reason)

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

If you ever consider AFT on a US DD (before and after this patch), you are doing something wrong.

Ofc this is just an opinion, but seeing those Fletchers and Gearings sitting on the map edges far away from any cappoints and shooting at BBs for 10 mins to do 30k effective damage  just hurts and makes me lose faith in humanity every day.

Not that there was much left anyway...

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
97 posts

If you ever consider AFT on a US DD (before and after this patch), you are doing something wrong.

Ofc this is just an opinion, but seeing those Fletchers and Gearings sitting on the map edges far away from any cappoints and shooting at BBs for 10 mins to do 30k effective damage  just hurts and makes me lose faith in humanity every day.

Not that there was much left anyway...

whats the difference to russian dd's doing it? you can reliable hit a bb at that distance and set fires...the same as russian dd's do? it's completely useless and waste of time shooting anything but bb, that's correct, because even a cruiser will dodge your shots. and maybe you read again...i was talking about the second half of a match. no word about sitting at much range and not capping? don't know what you're talking about?

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,222 posts
7,243 battles

whats the difference to russian dd's doing it? you can reliable hit a bb at that distance and set fires...the same as russian dd's do? it's completely useless and waste of time shooting anything but bb, that's correct, because even a cruiser will dodge your shots. and maybe you read again...i was talking about the second half of a match. no word about sitting at much range and not capping? don't know what you're talking about?

difference is American dd fire arc don't go over the moon it goes over the fecking sun its that high

Russian dds tend to have way better fire arc, higher chance of setting fires, faster ships so can engage and disengage faster and to top it off the gun damage tends to be more

do I do either of these when I play dds? do I chuff but you have to admit that out of em both American dds are not long range sniping ships

Players
419 posts
7,356 battles

Russian DD's are designed to require AFT and without invisifire in mind. They are pure gunboats that just happen to have some torpedoes at the side.

US DD's are hybrids specialized in sitting in smoke.

IJN DD's are torpedo boats but to prevent them being OP they have guns to trick players into using them.

Sign in to follow this