Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
peoplescavalry

Alabama

47 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Players
2,057 posts
25,958 battles

Have fun :) You will have a target on your back for a week or 2, and your stats in the NC means you may be in trouble quite a bit. Keep us updated on how you find the ship.

• Cool 1

Players
337 posts
7,722 battles

Oh sooo true I was/am rubbish in the NC and seemed to spend most of the time bow on and in reverse , sipping tea, clicking and looking on twitter. However I love this free game and I if I buy something now and again I think it deserves it. You never know I might git gud!

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,235 posts
7,438 battles

Oh sooo true I was/am rubbish in the NC and seemed to spend most of the time bow on and in reverse , sipping tea, clicking and looking on twitter. However I love this free game and I if I buy something now and again I think it deserves it. You never know I might git gud!

long as you enjoy it then all is good

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Players
2,057 posts
25,958 battles

long as you enjoy it then all is good

Exactly, I have bought 1 or 2 ships that my skills are not ready for. but WGAF! lol
  • Cool 1

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,609 posts

I have bought her as well, I might be not the best player in BB but damn, I love that beauty! So far 8 battles in her, 75% WR, she is really awesome :)
  • Cool 2

[SNUBS]
Beta Tester
164 posts

I brought her yesterday and love the little ship, been having a blast just a shame about some of the teams I've had to play with :)

[RBMF]
Players
267 posts
6,475 battles

Played a couple games in her, her manouverability paired with the propulsion mod 2 is fantastic. It's very easy to play with the throttle to throw off people's aim, and the rudder shift certainly isn't bad either. You can dodge incoming shells easily. The biggest problem I've found with her so far, is she burns very easily... 

Players
2,805 posts
12,756 battles

Seems much more flexible than the NC, if the bug gets fixed and gives me a graticule I might hit something!

Great minds think alike! (well you and flamu - I'm not part of this).

I was in two minds about this ship. Nice looking and capaable, but I'm still finding my feet with BBs. Still only just started USS New Mexico, for example.

I think that I'll grind up the tree and get North Carolina.

Flamu says:

I am glad that WG decided to listen and address the glaring issue with the Alabama, the high citadel that directly contradicted the rest of the ship design. Now the ship is actually fun to play. I don't consider it quite up to the NC because of the reduction in accuracy, but it's finally competitive with the rest of the T8 BBs and a much more enjoyable experience. Recommended.

Video

[SHIPS]
Beta Tester
86 posts

I have bought her as well, I might be not the best player in BB but damn, I love that beauty! So far 8 battles in her, 75% WR, she is really awesome :)

​Quite so! It's like an NC that turns on the spot, is nearly torpedo proof and it has the best AA in the game. What's not to like? Plus, she sure makes a [edited] of money.
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

[WGB]
Players
2,057 posts
25,958 battles

Quite so! It's like an NC that turns on the spot, is nearly torpedo proof and it has the best AA in the game. What's not to like? Plus, she sure makes a [edited] of money.

Oh FFS you guys, I had no intentions on buying her just yet, but after all the comments on this ship, it sounds like I am missing out on something, I think I will wait a day or 2 to see more feedback from social media and gameplay stats. 
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,525 posts
8,104 battles

I see a 19 point USN captain in my future.

Previously I only had a KM one which I moved between Tirpitz, Prinz Eugen and Graf Spee to farm Elite Captain XP. But now with the Missouri, Alabama, Atlanta, Sims, Indianapolis and Arizona, I think getting my USN BB captain up to 19 points would be worth a whole lot.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

Note that this ship gets +50% XP bonus, unlike most other premium ships that get +100%. Check the camo. Cheap.

• Cool 1

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles

I love that beauty! So far 8 battles in her, 75% WR, she is really awesome :)

Bold part- Try to use Premium camo on Carolina, then you'll see how Carolina is much more pretier then Alabama.

She isnt that ''awesome'' as some people think. Only better on Alabama compared to Carolina is torpedo protection, nothing more. Shells dispersion, turning radius, overall armor- all better on Carolina.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Note that this ship gets +50% XP bonus, unlike most other premium ships that get +100%. Check the camo. Cheap.

The Alabama camo bonuses are in-line with those of other premium ships.

The XP bonus for premiums is 30% at T1-T5, 50% at T6-T8 and 100% at T9-T10.

That means the only premium with a 100% XP bonus is the Missouri.

Edited by Kurbain
  • Cool 3

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Woohoo just bought it , didn't even know it was on sale. 37£ standard pack will do fine.

I hope your crew has a lot of fire fire extinguishers. :hiding:

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

The Alabama camo bonuses are in-line with those of other premium ships.

The XP bonus for premiums is 30% at T1-T5, 50% at T6-T8 and 100% at T9-T10.

That means the only premium with a 100% XP bonus is the Missouri.

OK, my bad! I was looking at Missouri and Tirpitz (with compaign camo).

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,609 posts

Bold part- Try to use Premium camo on Carolina, then you'll see how Carolina is much more pretier then Alabama.

I'd like to but I can't, I don't have North Carolina researched. By "beauty" I didn't mean her camo, just in general her look, but you know, beautifulness is relative to personal preferenes.

She isnt that ''awesome'' as some people think. Only better on Alabama compared to Carolina is torpedo protection, nothing more. Shells dispersion, turning radius, overall armor- all better on Carolina.

Well she is supposed to be slightly worse than North Carolina, as in general premium ships are supposed to be worse than their regular tree counterparts. Otherwise we would have pay to win ships and we don't want that, do we?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,525 posts
8,104 battles

I much prefer the South Dakota-class over the North Carolina.

Despite being shorter it still has a nice sharp bow, as opposed to the blunt rounded bow of the NC. I also think that the compact design with a much smaller superstructure while maintaining the same armament makes for a really cute ship. Don't judge. :hiding:

Performance-wise they both have their advantages, and the Alabama makes for a more interesting ship in my opinion with her leaning towards brawling.

NC has the accuracy advantage and 3k more HP, but that's basically it. The Alabama turns tighter, has faster turning turrets and as you pointed out better torpedo protection. Together with being a smaller target and having less superstructure for low caliber shells to hit.

I never really liked the USN 406mm guns for long range fire anyway due to the extremely slow shell velocity, so gaining advantages at close range suits me just fine.

Quality Poster
1,676 posts
8,588 battles

I'd probably buy her if I was happy with where the game was right now.

As it is, saving my money for HMS Hood. I'd want that ship even if all I did was look at her in port.

If she was cheap, I'd at least consider it, but over € 40,- is a bit steep.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,083 posts
9,958 battles

Congrats buying mediocre ship.

​Yea only did 130 k on my 1st game 60kish on my 2ed shooting down 20 Midway panes while losing less than 10% hp after repains were thogh and geting atacked 3 times. Both games agist T10.

Really weak ship /snicker ..... or do you really belive the 0.1 less Sigma makes a good gun into the most shitty in the game like some youtubers argue?

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,113 battles

On my list DEFO. Still cheaper than Tirpitz. 

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,083 posts
9,958 battles

On my list DEFO. Still cheaper than Tirpitz. 

​Sspecally since you have Options you couldnt buy tiripitz on ist own on release

Sign in to follow this