You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KapteinSabeltann

Whats wrong with this picture - teamstacking gone crazy

29 comments in this topic

Players
141 posts
6,640 battles

Now recently there's been an insane trend of teams melting - ruining the fun for everyone (well at least I don't enjoy being on either side of that) but in addition to that going on we got this:

People spamming join battle at the same time while on Teamspeak/whatever you use for voice - to get into a battle. It leads to clans being on both sides of the same match which is bad but even worse - as MM don't care about splitting divisions we get situations like this:

I mean - FIVE ppl from a clan on one side. My side? One division afk (top tier) and a melting team. Seriously this level of MM manipulation should be dealth with. Same goes for three radar cruisers on one side, none on the other and not considering divisions when distributing teams.

wows-teamstacking.jpg

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

Nothing has changed. Clan-marks just make it more obvious. Sad story, if the divisions get spread to both teams, manipulating the game...

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

I've seen what seems to be rigging of matches, but it is hard to be sure all the time. What I do if I'm unsure is focus the Clan on the enemy side and try to decimate them as much as possible so that those on our side just has to get onboard. If you see something that is blatant rigging, report it.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,088 posts
14,054 battles

There was a match where we got 8 of us 5D members into one battle, all on one side. Crap happens.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I also said that in another topic, but there should be a way for MM to recognize clan tags and never allow more than one division of the same clan in the same match. In different teams at least if that's way too extreme. I've seen videos that unfortunately are not in English so no one here would understand any of it to really link to them here (ticket send to support of the appropiate languaje with links and explanation though) of members of the same clan in different teams telling the ones on the other team when an allied DD torped their way. At least they were fighting each other, but they prevented anyone else to get a kill of one of them.

I'd say that having more than one division in the same match in the same team is bad to if the players are decent (imagine something like two OMNI divisions in the same team for example). However clans don't really have anything to do with skill you have to expect from them. The good clans are know anyways, the rest variate between good players maybe to just you avegare 48% winrate player that decided to throw (2000 I think it is?) doubloons at WG. The impact of divisions of the same clan in the same team it's too arguable in that aspect to decide if it's really that bad. At least the worse stuff they could do communicating between them is out since they wouldn't be able to tell the ones on the other team what their team is doing.

Beta Tester
237 posts
4,330 battles

I've done the clan countdown thing a few times, done it WoT as well. We do it for a laugh, hoping to be on opposite teams so we can shoot each other for bragging rights, not so we can rig games or any such malarkey. I can only speak for myself but I imagine this is what most people are doing. I've seen the rigging stuff happening in WoT for campaign missions but I've not noticed it on Ships.

It's worth mentioning that at peak times ( when there are enough clan mates online ) even with a decent countdown and same tier ships it only works less than half the time. So I don't think it happens all that much and when it does happen I think its pretty much just good clean fun.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,666 battles

It's more fun to play against your clan than with them. Those bragging rights you know. :) Well, at leas that is how we see it. :)

Players
141 posts
6,640 battles

Well - I am uncomfortable with same clan on both sides. But I am sure some of them actually fight eachother proper. I have more of an issue with a MM that allows for what is shown in the picture. One clan with TWO divisions on the same side in the same battle. 

MM should balance divisions in my opinion, and definately discriminate towards multiple divisions of same clan on one side.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,990 posts

WoT for campaign missions but I've not noticed it on Ships

If you see it in one game, you can safely assume it also happens in others, only difference might be extend to which it takes place.

But bottom line is MM has been sc*@#ed up for quite some time, divisions aside. It is pretty common occurence we got 2 Myokos on one side and 2 Yorkcs (names just for the example) on the other, with MM not bothering to split them equally between teams...

Beta Tester
237 posts
4,330 battles

Sorry for above post, frikkin forum fail.

Just wanted to say I don't disagree that some people may attempt to exploit for their campaign missions but I cant see it being worth anybody's time in Ships as the maps are so much bigger and games so much longer. It's not like in tanks where you can be in each other's faces in 30 seconds

Players
25 posts
2,354 battles

Maybe they just want to practise and play in a team, you know because there is no official way for clans to fight together.....

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Maybe they just want to practise and play in a team, you know because there is no official way for clans to fight together.....

Training room?

I've seen this a couple of times (randoms mostly but also in ranked), but only once had the feeling that some members of the clan in question on my team where throwing the game.

So, i'm not sure this should be generally considered a offense, but i wouldn't be sad if the MM would distribute clan members across several games. ^^

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

Eh. Clans want to play together. The sooner there's a supported way to do this (other than the training room, where one gets no rewards) the better.

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

I've seen this a couple of times (randoms mostly but also in ranked), but only once had the feeling that some members of the clan in question on my team where throwing the game.

So, i'm not sure this should be generally considered a offense, but i wouldn't be sad if the MM would distribute clan members across several games. ^^

Throwing the game should absolutely be an offense, and I'm pretty sure it already is. I hope that most respectable clans will not do this.

[VETS]
[VETS]
Beta Tester
140 posts
1,509 battles

Nothing?

I do this with my WoT clan, and trust me, you don't need to worry about people throwing. If anything we'll fight harder and target our own members because we want the bragging rights. While I'm sure there are a few nefarious folk out there who rig matches, it seems unfair to stop everyone having fun because of the actions of a few.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Throwing the game should absolutely be an offense, and I'm pretty sure it already is. I hope that most respectable clans will not do this.

Well, my mistake.

I should have made clear that i do not consider the countdown thingy to get into one game an offense per se.

Throwing the game otoh is and should be punished with a perma ban of the entire clan.

[TOAST]
Players
150 posts
12,158 battles

Ah! And there's the nub with this game.

If team battles were 24/7 would this solve the problem?

Edited by rising_uk

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,787 posts
10,685 battles

If you see it in one game, you can safely assume it also happens in others, only difference might be extend to which it takes place.

(...)

I have to disagree. Unless we take "extent to which it takes place" to the extreme. You see, rigging matches requires two things:

- possibility

- need (and reward for doing so)

Possibility of course exists in pretty much any game of this sort. The second part doesn't check out, however.

In WoT you get some really hard (to the point where it's ridiculous) campaign missions with big rewards at the end. In WoWs? What for, really? The missions are usually either easy to do normally in time provided or not rewarding enough to bother, or both.

Surely, if, say, the high-tier campaign required ALL tasks completed to get a ship, we'd sure as hell see some "I won't repair my clanmate's flooding to give him liquidator" or "let's feed each other planes while playing CVs in non-primetime to get high tier clear skies" or "ok, so where do I need to go to be the first to spot you in your DDs" things. But it's not the case, these stupid/hard missions aren't vital for anything.

And lack of incentive to rig matches pretty much guarantees the practice to be a marginal occurrence. Sure, it probably happens, but the extent is most likely so miniscule that it's not worth even worrying about it as a serious threat to gameplay.

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
232 posts
13,117 battles

It's almost like there's no clan content what-so-ever so this is what people have to resort to in order to play together.

I really don't mind it, because hey, there is literally nothing else to do when you are in a clan and want to play more than 3 guys together (not counting training room for this, because no rewards).

Edited by Domin1c

[BFS]
Beta Tester
368 posts

I would again like to advocate for a system where two or more divisions can attach to each other, and be able to join the same game.

If it's really a balance issue, let the matchmaker put the divisions on seperate teams.

Or simply make divisions contain more than 3 members, and if there are 4 or more, the members of said division will be split evenly between teams.

[NED]
Players
4,209 posts
11,709 battles

I've been in "clan heavy" matches. Didn't notice anything suspicious. When on opposing teams they shot the living daylights out of each other. So no issue there. In fact I have the feeling rigging matches would be a 1 way ticket exit in a clan. As right it should.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Cry cry cry cry clan's cry cry cry cry count in cry cry cry cry.

It's allowed. Get over it. It's only when people don't play to win it's not allowed, no need to be sad about not being in a clan yourself. 

I've been in "clan heavy" matches. Didn't notice anything suspicious. When on opposing teams they shot the living daylights out of each other. So no issue there. In fact I have the feeling rigging matches would be a 1 way ticket exit in a clan. As right it should.

^^ this.

Players
104 posts

This shows only how much peoples are stupid. Despite the fact that clan stuff should be split to avoid such things, if you face a whole enemy clan then just do teamwork and f*ck them all. Peoples whine only because most of them are just no brains lone wolves in a team based game. Learn the game purpose, play as it should be and clan or not clan you will enjoy more.

Beta Tester
195 posts
5,653 battles

I've seen this happening a few times but never had any issue with the way the clan members played. The possibility for abuse is there though and it isn't always popular with other people in the match. If it does become a problem it should be one that is fairly easy to fix through the match maker.