Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RedStorm1

So, my Blyska is now a piece of ####?

38 comments in this topic

Players
434 posts
7,743 battles

No more stealth firing, and this was a massive advantage for this ship.

In principle, I am not against the termination of stealth firing but, when I pay a small "fortune" for a DD, I expect it to perform according to specs, not suddenly receive a massive nerf...

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

15KRzbr.png

Ok, I lost, and it wasn't a 'great' game but c'mon it isn't crap either. If I had a semi decent team we would have won. Blys can evasion tank, it's was never dependent on stealth firing. It doesn't suffer from it's removal, though it suffers like all DD's from the 20s longer being spotted. 

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles

Eh, Blyskawica was always a pretty nifty ship. The stealthfiring was just the cherry on top.

I did spec out of AFT on her captain though. Currently pondering whether I should use the captain points for Basic Firing Training or Survivability Expert ...

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I like my AFT, I didn't change a thing on my build atm. Only have a 16p captain though. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles

Stealth fire was a big advantage of Błyskawica in certain situations, giving her some extra versatility. However, it should be noted: it gave her versatility, not really that much raw power. Without AFT the stealthfire window wasn't that big and it wasn't so easy to stealth fire at enemy that wasn't sailing towards you. With AFT you got some range but arcs weren't too comfortable at such a distance anymore so the increase wasn't as great of a deal as it might seem. What's more, Błyskawica is capable of hitting big enemies at ranges where they struggle hitting her AND she is generally capable of outrunning more powerful threats save for soviet DDs... and woe be to soviet DD that decides "hey, I have more speed and more firepower, I should chase that Blyska down" - Błyskawica projects her power backwards pretty well and with advantage of being the one running away in a quick chase, she is pretty capable at taking on enemies that supposedly outgun her: these couple km of effective range created by being the one who kites makes up for pure power disadvantage and worse arcs. Of course that's assuming comparable tier.

Is Błyskawica hit hard by the changes? Yes, she is, her SF was an important aspect of her suite. Is she a bad ship now? I really wouldn't say that. While she did lose some of her versatility when it comes to fighting BBs especially, she is still capable of stealth-torping with her not very impressive BUT fast reloading torps AND she is still a great gunboat when it comes to fighting other DDs. She's still fast and reasonably stealthy. She'll be less enjoyable and she'll have less tactical options. She'll face more bad games because her stealth fire was often the most important when either your team was sh*t or you yourself lost too much HP (but survived) in the opening phase of the match.

So, yes, Błyskawica does suffer a lot but I expect her to remain a solid ship and one that, in decent hands, can pull off very good games with some regularity (the best ones usually didn't require much invisifire and other effects of abysmal bloom are less of a problem for a fast ship).

Edited by eliastion
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles

Blys biggest issue is being power creeped by Russians. 

Has almost 150mm reload speed...

Players
58 posts
10,864 battles

Blys biggest issue is being power creeped by Russians. 

Has almost 150mm reload speed...

And the Leningrad is better at... well... everything.

Players
482 posts
7,639 battles

Still a great ship but I compared stats (suvivability - torpedo - concealment etc.) with other T7 DDs and she is on middle/middle-low side. Ok stats doesn't mean that much but: It's a Premium, we use real money, you can not use her to train other captains, middle/middle-low is not her place IMO. 

May better torps would be a nice change now they removed SF. I would be happy with 5Kts faster torpedo 

Edited by Krikkio82

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles

Lenin has an even lower DPM than Blys but missing a salvo isn't as big a deal as Lenin reloads faster. A Sims can fire two salvos in the time a Blys can fire one.

[SARMA]
Beta Tester
486 posts
2,428 battles

i played some blyska games today. i can confirm its ruined.

i was not speced in AFT before the patch, so i didnt do much stealth fire. but i greatly enjoyed the ship anyway! (and getting good games often)

what really kills this ship is not the stealth fire removal... but being spotted for 20 seconds after firing guns!

it is simply too slow to disengage from combat or to avoid incoming bullets.

meh, another ship to put on the shelve... to collect dust and remind me on the better times :/

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
8,053 battles

Not really, no.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,668 battles

I have and will always use her for DD hunting. This patch did not change a thing for that.

That's... not completely true. My main prey in her is also DDs but yesterday played two battles and in both the super-bloom gave me some trouble while DD hunting, namely: a DD from other cap and (at second occasion) a cruiser at the back kept spotting me after line of sight to my target was already broken. In one case it was more annoying than dangerous (the IJN DD trying to contest the cap managed to hid behind an island), the second situation was more dangerous - the enemy managed to smoke up, me being spotted gave him some free damage I normally wouldn't have taken.

Sure, such situations won't happen every match (I was just unlucky) and Błyskawica's original bloom meant that some situations like this one cpould happen in previous patch, but it's most definitely a problem even for DD hunting. Not a HUGE problem (Błyskawica is pretty hard to nail from greater distance AND she can get away and/or turn around and smoke up reasonably fast) but the nerf does come into play even if you don't practice shooting on old invisifire ranges at all.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

That's... not completely true. My main prey in her is also DDs but yesterday played two battles and in both the super-bloom gave me some trouble while DD hunting, namely: a DD from other cap and (at second occasion) a cruiser at the back kept spotting me after line of sight to my target was already broken. In one case it was more annoying than dangerous (the IJN DD trying to contest the cap managed to hid behind an island), the second situation was more dangerous - the enemy managed to smoke up, me being spotted gave him some free damage I normally wouldn't have taken.

Sure, such situations won't happen every match (I was just unlucky) and Błyskawica's original bloom meant that some situations like this one cpould happen in previous patch, but it's most definitely a problem even for DD hunting. Not a HUGE problem (Błyskawica is pretty hard to nail from greater distance AND she can get away and/or turn around and smoke up reasonably fast) but the nerf does come into play even if you don't practice shooting on old invisifire ranges at all.

^^ exactly.

The issue is, as a DD you now benefit so much more from your team not being baddies and/or cowards and actually being in a position to help you, I expect way more one sided matches. Before, DD's could delay for longer, could keep caps from falling even with limited backup as long as the enemy team didn't push that hard. Now, a lone DD lost so much of it's tactical utility...

Which triggers me immensely. BBabies get the whole game catered so they don't have to rely on teamwork that much, and DD's are being put more and more in the spot that they are the class around which teamwork should be centered. 

• Cool 1

[NLWG]
Players
124 posts
8,153 battles

I think gun bloom time should be linked to the gun calibre. Maybe 0-127 could be around 10 seconds, 128-203 around 15 seconds and everything else 204+ the 20 seconds. Worth a try on the PTS I think.

[CATS]
Players
14,676 posts
10,879 battles

That happened to me before constantly.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,345 posts
14,949 battles

Forget Blys, Okhotnik has to be the most fun DD in the game :B

No she is not, she is Crap.. YouTube video by Zerra Channal..

Dont know who this T0byjug chap in the  Okhotnik is but 185 000 damage in a tier 7 game. That's just Pathetic....  :hiding:

shot-17.03.28_23.35.58-0929.jpgshot-17.03.28_23.46.58-0165.jpgshot-17.03.28_23.47.11-0416.jpg

What you don't see in last pic is also 12K damage to a Leningrad

Thanks Spartan1963 been wanting a reason to show off.. 

Sent Files to Jingles and Ichasegaming but no luck... Then some Random Youtuber finds my upload on WOWS replays

Edited by T0byJug

Players
58 posts
10,864 battles

Lenin has an even lower DPM than Blys but missing a salvo isn't as big a deal as Lenin reloads faster. A Sims can fire two salvos in the time a Blys can fire one.

Not really, no.

DPM:

Leningrad fires 5 guns every 5 seconds for 1900 HE and 2500 AP. ->1900 HE per second, 2500 AP per second

Blyska fires 7 guns every 6.5 seconds for 1700 HE and 2200 AP. -> 1830.8 HE per second, 2369.2 AP per second

Torps:

Leningrad has 8 Torps with 60kn, 15100 damage and 1.2 km visibilty. 92 sec reload means 11.5 sec per Torp.

Blyska has 6 Torps with 57kn, 14400 damage and 1.2 km visibility. 70 sec reload means 11.7 sec per Torp.

Leningrad moves 4kn faster, has a worse turning-circle but a much better ruddershift.

All in all: Leningrad has a worse turningcircle, worse concealment from air (but better from sea) and (most importantly) slower turrettraverse. She is better at literally everything else.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Leni has to give almost broadside to fire 5 guns. I happily fight Leni's in Blys. Then again, I happily fight Blys's in Leni as well. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,345 posts
14,949 battles

Main Issue for me is not so much invisi fire. Its more The Bloom size.  WG say you can still hide in smoke or behind Islands. But again they did not think this through. 

1, at least at start of game most experienced or better  DD commanders don't site IN THERE smoke. They sit behind it. About 1km behind. Then you dont get surprised by the inevitable Torpedoes. Thing is know a ship to your side can see you at longer ranges  where before they did not. Same goes to islands.

I think gun bloom time should be linked to the gun calibre. Maybe 0-127 could be around 10 seconds, 128-203 around 15 seconds and everything else 204+ the 20 seconds. Worth a try on the PTS I think.

Sod that.... DD 10 secs CA/CL 20 secs And sod those BBabies give them a Nurf for a change there bloom should be 30 or even 40 Seconds
Edited by T0byJug
  • Cool 2

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

It is possible to ask for a refund? Just take the gold and buy something usefull like a BB so we can have 50% BBs, I dont think WG has any problem with it :trollface:

Players
1,473 posts

No she is not, she is Crap.. YouTube video by Zerra Channal..

Dont know who this T0byjug chap in the  Okhotnik is but 185 000 damage in a tier 7 game. That's just Pathetic....  :hiding:

shot-17.03.28_23.35.58-0929.jpgshot-17.03.28_23.46.58-0165.jpgshot-17.03.28_23.47.11-0416.jpg

What you don't see in last pic is also 12K damage to a Leningrad

Thanks Spartan1963 been wanting a reason to show off.. 

Sent Files to Jingles and Ichasegaming but no luck... Then some Random Youtuber finds my upload on WOWS replays

Great video, well done

Players
434 posts
7,743 battles

I have a Blys captain with AFT and HE pen and stealth firing was good fun.

I admit I am more a BB guy so I have not played Blys for months!

I am in favor of the stealth firing removal (BBs rule!) :-p

So I do not cry about my Ibuki and Zao nerf as these are regular tree ships. 

But having paid real EUROS for a ship and see it getting a massive nerf (I lost 2km stealth range) makes me furious! 

And yes, I also have the Okhotnik... but for it, it was clear, no stealth firing.

If I can play Blys without stealth firing range? Yes! But, why should I bother as there is nothing exceptional about it any more.

Sign in to follow this