SMGJohn

Massive performance issues

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts

I have some pretty bad performance issue in this game for no reasons, it used to run just fine on the highest settings before but its only lately that its started doing this after the recent updates.

Performance is awful and mostly in the 20 - 30 fps range with horrible stuttering even at the lowest settings possible it does this. 
I reinstalled the game multiple times to no avail and I tried various Radeon Crimson drivers but its definitely not a driver problem, the game also seems to only use 10 - 15% of my 8 CPU threads which is strange.

At the moment its completely unplayable however World of Tanks works just fine and that runs on the same game engine. 

My specs:

AMD Raden R9 M290X 4GB (Crimson 16.2)

Intel Core i7-3940XM

32GB DDR3L 

Game on 960GB SSD

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

• Cool 1

Players
25 posts
13,435 battles

Since the Patch I have stutter (Along with all the other issues) that appear to be directly related to the update.

Hoping a roll back or other resolution is offered in quick time ....

[AEH]
Players
43 posts
3,419 battles

Game is broken now... lagging and stuttering. Sometimes I cant exit the battle result and have to force close the game.

Beta Tester
11 posts

It turns out in my case its an Enduro issue between GPU switching with the Intel and AMD GPU.

Even though in Radeon settings WoWs is set on high performance priority, it still utilises the Intel graphics, the method I used was resetting every settings in the control panel and manually force the game to use high performance in Radeon settings, then it worked. 

Also when you report game issues you must include system specs and driver version. 

Players
14 posts
6,176 battles

Same here. FPS drops below 10 very often and is stuttering to the point of being unplayable.

My PC isn't the best (Athlon II X4 620, 12GB RAM, Radeon HD 4850), but I never had an issue before the 0.6.3 patch. I was running 40+ FPS most of the time on medium settings. Now even when setting everything to the lowest I get low single digits FPS (between intervals of the "old" 40+ FPS).

Players
40 posts
1,095 battles

Does this happen all the time, or is it when you start encountering enemy vessels. I get 70+ fps until enemies get spotted and shells start flying, then it dips to 30-40 ish.

Beta Tester
11 posts

Same here. FPS drops below 10 very often and is stuttering to the point of being unplayable.

My PC isn't the best (Athlon II X4 620, 12GB RAM, Radeon HD 4850), but I never had an issue before the 0.6.3 patch. I was running 40+ FPS most of the time on medium settings. Now even when setting everything to the lowest I get low single digits FPS (between intervals of the "old" 40+ FPS).

What drivers are you using? Catalyst 13.1 or 13.4 Legacy Beta? 

Also what operating system are you using? Windows XP? Vista? 7? 10? 

Vsync should never be utilised unless your fps hits the monitors refresh rate constantly and above. 

I also noticed that the game has in fact got more demanding with the newer patches which could explain why. 

Players
14 posts
6,176 battles

Catalyst 13.9 (that's the last driver that supports my graphics card) on Win7 64bit. I understand that games can get more demanding, but going from consistent 40+ FPS (sometimes hitting 60) to random drops below 10 FPS in a single patch seems weird. Btw. vsync has always been off.

[DE-FS]
Players
7 posts
8,252 battles

Same here. and it's not about game being demanding, I had Task Manager running, the CPUs were doing nearly nothing most of the time...

[-TNP-]
Players
17 posts

Port UI lagging all the time, on battle FPS fluctuation from 100 to under 20 so huge displacement and rubberbanding >>> mostly unplayable.

Guess I haven't had enough patience to play so far to see any other those multiple of bugs that last patchwork produced.

• Cool 1

Players
297 posts

Can't wait for the DX11... At least it will improve the FPS and remove the stutter, DX9 and this engine doesn't work well.. even on my expensive computer.

[-TNP-]
Players
17 posts

Lol what would DX11 do better than DX9 on game engine that has almost seen Soviet Russian times and almost total lack of optimation of WoWs from WG dosent help either.

Anyhow this patch of troubles are done by totally botched up patchwork and messed up servers.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,432 battles

Game was working fine (0.6.2) in between patches I built new PC, have now spent days cursing the new build trying to work out why it is worse than old one, now having chatted in Teamspeak with several clan mates, it seems that this IS an issue with 0.6.3 NOT the equipment.

Also it is not an issue with Intel CPU and AMD GPU....... Mine is AMD CPU with Nvidia GPU..... 58 FPS that fluctuates to random numbers down to 10FPS.... also ping starts at 150 and slowly drops back down to 28.....loading times are now abysmal (on an M2 Nvme)..... this patch is broken, along with the ridiculous Submarine bug that KILLS the game and requires a re install to clear it !

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 1700 @3.9 Ghtz

16Gb DDR4 3000

GTX 970 Strix