Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zveketalo

Stealth fire is now gone...with gameplay

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
34 posts
18,983 battles

I am playing WoW since 10/27/2013 and there were updates and patches. Most of them were improving game until today. Today we get "game over" update. Reasonable question is why...

So, there are my five cents:

* no stealth fire: we have less cruisers in game...except Kutuzov and Belfast, and Royal Navy cruiesers (paper ships)  which have smoke,

* some of good players are very accurate while using spotter airplanes... now spotter airplanes are useless

* I've played about 30+ games today and guess what, most of them were consist of BB and DD's, (most games I had there were about 5 DD on each side)

* Now, most of people are hiding in corners and behind island waiting for ships to light up so they can snipe

* I really would like that some of testers or devs read this topic to give me honest, true answer what they were thinking when they decide to remove stealth fire. Even in true world scientist are developing ships with stealth characteristics using special design, materials... that intention was from start of building war ships, to make ships undetectable while be able to shoot.

* what is next: maybe to be detected while in smoke?!

* and most of this cause some BB's players are crying while they were hit by cruisers or destroyers who are in stealth mode? To those players I have advice: come closer big guys with huge amount of HP, show your power. Don't be bully who is running away in a moment when someone smaller with less power shows strength.

* this game was more dynamic while it was in beta than today

* the basic rule of something which is working right is: Do not try to fix it, cause you will ruin it (Murphy)

For me, after three and half years of playing this game, this decision is more then....(don't have right word to say). 

[G0LD]
[G0LD]
Alpha Tester
1,462 posts
4,664 battles

* no stealth fire: we have less cruisers in game...except Kutuzov and Belfast, and Royal Navy cruiesers (paper ships)  which have smoke,

How many Cruisers was able to use Stealth Fire? 2... maybe 3 And well some Premium DD´s and the US DD´s

But hey.. the Zao Stealth Specc and some DesMoines Speccs are now gone.. no reason to keep playing.. right?

* some of good players are very accurate while using spotter airplanes... now spotter airplanes are useless

Because of? They are Still quite good to punish folks just sitting in smoke

* I've played about 30+ games today and guess what, most of them were consist of BB and DD's, (most games I had there were about 5 DD on each side)

Thats for you different from a normal day because?

* Now, most of people are hiding in corners and behind island waiting for ships to light up so they can snipe

What games do you play? Cant remember such games today..

* I really would like that some of testers or devs read this topic to give me honest, true answer what they were thinking when they decide to remove stealth fire. Even in true world scientist are developing ships with stealth characteristics using special design, materials... that intention was from start of building war ships, to make ships undetectable while be able to shoot.

Tomorrow never dies..  *sing*

*Cough* Already in the Game.. called Radar.. Sonar..

* and most of this cause some BB's players are crying while they were hit by cruisers or destroyers who are in stealth mode? To those players I have advice: come closer big guys with huge amount of HP, show your power. Don't be bully who is running away in a moment when someone smaller with less power shows strength.

It wasnt Funny after all to get Hit by somebody 9.6km Away from you, with no chance to ever truely return fire..

I say this and i play DD, Cruiser, BB´s

Yes.. we had some truly epic Draws, the Kitakami, a truly nightmarrish IJN Carrier Population.. glorious Days.. where have you gone

* the basic rule of something which is working right is: Do not try to fix it, cause you will ruin it (Murphy)

So everything was fine back then?

For me, after three and half years of playing this game, this decision is more then....(don't have right word to say). 

Why cant you just slam the door from the outside if its that bad now?

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,582 battles

Wat?

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,271 posts
7,582 battles

He meant when ultimate BB technic -- stealthfire Yamato was nerfed. Such a loss

****. I'm only good If I get into close combat to get citadel hits and then ram someone:sceptic:

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,083 posts
9,969 battles

He meant when ultimate BB technic -- stealthfire Yamato was nerfed. Such a loss

​Zao more probably due to good balistics thogh it still works your just seen from over 20km. BTW evil trick(for DDs at least):

dont fire your guns :sceptic:

shim.jpgShim 2.jpg

yea rpf is useless ,-).jpgshim3.jpgno sonar for once.jpg

Sadly the game ended 10 seconds to early:

So close!.jpg

Took me back to the good old days of IJN DDs...... not spoted once.....sadly most games are rather with 45 kn RU DDs burning everything down.

shim.jpg

Shim 2.jpg

yea rpf is useless ,-).jpg

shim3.jpg

no sonar for once.jpg

So close!.jpg

Edited by Spellfire40

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I am playing WoW since 10/27/2013 [you mean since somewhen in 2015, not 2013?] and there were updates and patches. Most of them were improving game until today. Today we get "game over" update. Reasonable question is why...

Didn't play that much today but I had no problem getting into matches. So no "Game Over update" here.

So, there are my five cents:

* no stealth fire: we have less cruisers in game...except Kutuzov and Belfast, and Royal Navy cruiesers (paper ships)  which have smoke

This is known for quite some time now, so?...

Spotter planes haven't change except if you want to do things like the above mentioned stealth fire Yamato which is nothing I am sad about. So what is the problem?

Also happens for a longer time now. What does it have to do with this update?

Partly something which happens for quite some time, too. I don't feel like it appears more often since the update. On the contrary, I had some more dynamic matches today.

As far as I know camouflage of WWII ships mainly served the purpose to give enemy ships a harder time to regocnize the complete silhouette of the camouflaged ship which on the one hand made it harder to classify it and on the other to aim because direction and size, etc were distorted. Stealth camouflage (as in "not recognizable by radar") with the usage of certain materials and shapes was developed later and does not really fit into WoWS. And I have yet to see a camouflage in RL which makes it impossible to see even a smaller ship like a DD which/who? just fired her guns.

Radar, HAS, 2 or 3 km guaranteed spotting range depending on upgrades... What else do you want?

And here is the problem: On the one hand BBs can't outrun cruisers or DDs which stealth fire (because they are less mobile and slower), on the other hand they can't charge cruisers or DDs which stealth fire (because they are less mobile and slower) and you even give them an advatage this way because they can stay even further away. So you can be as good a captain as you want, if you don't have any form of cover to hide or other player who can spot for you, you have no chance against stealth fire ships if you are in a BB. It has nothing to do with "don't run away from smaller ships". And even if you can take cover in time you practically give the field to the enemy.

I used stealth fire myself. Happened to be rare occasions, though. Will I miss it? Not really because I hardly used it anyway and can do quite well without. How about you learn how to evade incoming shells? Does have definitively more use than stealth fire because you will also be shot at. :hiding:

"Never change a running system" I believe is what you mean. The thing is you have an ever-changing system. You can't implement new ship lines without making an impact on the already existing gameplay. Unless you want to have a stagnating game you will have to live with WG making changes. And WG won't stop to make changes because a game which stagnates will lose player sooner or later.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,083 posts
9,969 battles

As far as I know camouflage of WWII mainly served the purpose to give enemy ships a harder time to regocnize the complete silhouette of the camouflaged ship which on the one hand made it harder to classify it and on the other to aim because direction and size, etc were distorted. Stealth camouflage (as in "not recognizable by radar") by certain materials and shapes was developed later and does not really fit into WoWS. And I have yet to see a camouflage in RL which makes it impossible to see even a smaller ship like a DD which/who? just fired her guns.

​Well not in night Battles. in 1943 the US used flashless powder together with Radar it gave them a real edge in the Battles around Rabaul and Guadalcanal.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

​Well not in night Battles. in 1943 the US used flashless powder together with Radar it gave them a real edge in the Battles around Rabaul and Guadalcanal.

Well, I guess one could count that as some kind of camouflage but it was less a matter of patterns painted on the ship or the modern shapes like Vincinzerei showed in his post. :yes_cap:

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,083 posts
9,969 battles

Well, I guess one could count that as some kind of camouflage but it was less a matter of patterns painted on the ship or the modern shapes like Vincinzerei showed in his post. :yes_cap:

​Welll he thinks of modern design were fire direction is based mostly on Radar by spoter Units/drones due to much longer Engagement ranges. Stealth of that Kind basically reduce the enemy to optical taking and rangefindingwhile keeping standoff strike ability for themself. Flashless powder with Radar isbsically what we had in the game for ww2 ships in a limited condition (night fighting) Funny enogh before Radar became widespread for the US the IJN had an edge due to better nightoptics and larger quantitys of flashless powder compared to US ships. 

Sign in to follow this