Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mc_Dumble

the hood looking like a bad ship to buy

43 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Players
94 posts
8,885 battles

just seen the stats for the hood on zerrachannel on you tube . and i can honestly say im not impressed one bit ,turrets as slow as warspites shell speeds of 700ms ,16km spotting range 17km firing range. my grandad my grandads dad my father my uncle john my great uncle aleck all worked on the same ship yard this ship was built and i can honestly say ill not be buying her if she is like this. but im not surprised that wg would make her this bad . but it is early days and things do change.just one question though scharnhorst has further range on its guns when it is supposed to be brawler but a ship everyone is saying has weak armour will get worse range ? PLEASE WG DONT MAKE THIS SHIP BAD JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR THE NAME. you didnt do it to the german ships so why do it to the royal navy. the navy that kept russia in the war with the artic convoys .

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles

The complaints have already started.

Whilst I dislike Russia bias i see that WG can't win with Hood.

Too good and the MM will be ruined as everyone will be using a RN BB.

Too bad and there will be mass whine and WG might even lose players.

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,627 battles

Hood and Sharnhorst have like 20 years in between their construction, or you havent played the US BB and didnt kinda noticed the same thing between tier 7 and 8 and how diferent they play?

Sharnhorst is more modern than hood, so even if you demand it, it cant be outperforming Sharnhorst, otherwise it would be complete bs.

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

IF I pick her up then because she looks nice. Don't really care about stats.

I mean: she's premium. IF she underperformance WG will buff her anyway.

So don't worry and have another glass of wine.

• Cool 1

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

I mean: she's premium. IF she underperformance WG will buff her anyway.

Well... I prefer to have a ship that doesn't need a buff than a ship that needs a buff because it's underperforming.
  • Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,084 posts
5,058 battles

Well... I prefer to have a ship that doesn't need a buff than a ship that needs a buff because it's underperforming.

She will sell like crazy either way. And make the Scharnyhorse Sale weekend look like kindergarten.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles

If enough whine they'll probably pre release buff.

Just look at the Alabama...

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

She will sell like crazy either way. And make the Scharnyhorse Sale weekend look like kindergarten.

I doubt it... A lot of people here are alreday frusting with WG, and I don't think that they are ready to pay for something that is just normal or passable...

#CitadelUnderWater :trollface:

Edited by Webley_Mark

Players
453 posts

There is absolutely no point in this whining. Is the ship even past the supertesting phase? Is it even IN supertesting phase?

Let the STs have a go at it. Whine if you must, but only when we can actually see something other than a bunch of random meaningless numbers.

The Nikolai looked like crap, too, when it went up for sale. Didn't take long to realise it was far from it.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

Not every new premium ship must be 20 times better than the one before like they do in WoT. Hood just gonna be average BB(punchy guns spotted at the stat of the battle nothing unusual about It). But It's good If you like standard BB gameplay then you will have nice premium. What's wrong with that OP?

[PRAVD]
Players
1,099 posts
5,601 battles

Hood and Sharnhorst have like 20 years in between their construction, or you havent played the US BB and didnt kinda noticed the same thing between tier 7 and 8 and how diferent they play?

Sharnhorst is more modern than hood, so even if you demand it, it cant be outperforming Sharnhorst, otherwise it would be complete bs.

Can't it? Comparing the BBs/BCs on a tier lower, both Arizona and Mutsu outperform the more modern Dunkerque. :hmm:

I'll just wait and see. As said the Alabama was buffed for example, and on other matters I've complained before when it turned out not that bad at all.

Edited by Robber_Baron

[RAGE]
Players
94 posts
8,885 battles

Not every new premium ship must be 20 times better than the one before like they do in WoT. Hood just gonna be average BB(punchy guns spotted at the stat of the battle nothing unusual about It). But It's good If you like standard BB gameplay then you will have nice premium. What's wrong with that OP?

and you think turrets that are as fast as warspites at tier 7 on a ship thats half cruiser is acceptable? shell speeds slower than most of her counterparts ? look i get this is still in super tester state and things change but come on it doesnt need to be op but with those stats it aint even an average ship it will be bad buy . and you think this is a whine you wait till its sold and it has stats like that this whine will look like a compliment . yes its an older ship than scharhorst even though she had refits after scharn was at sea but hey who cares about balance give brawlers 19k range let people that should be in close snipe and screw ships that dont have turtle back armour force them to be ahead of the sniping brawlers 

Players
3,590 posts
7,312 battles

Hood is what?  10,000 tonnes heavier and mounted 15" guns, Shinyhorse had 11" guns.  As a point of reference HMS Dreadnought was equipped with 12" guns.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

just seen the stats for the hood on zerrachannel on you tube . and i can honestly say im not impressed one bit ,turrets as slow as warspites shell speeds of 700ms ,16km spotting range 17km firing range. my grandad my grandads dad my father my uncle john my great uncle aleck all worked on the same ship yard this ship was built and i can honestly say ill not be buying her if she is like this. but im not surprised that wg would make her this bad . but it is early days and things do change.just one question though scharnhorst has further range on its guns when it is supposed to be brawler but a ship everyone is saying has weak armour will get worse range ? PLEASE WG DONT MAKE THIS SHIP BAD JUST BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR THE NAME. you didnt do it to the german ships so why do it to the royal navy. the navy that kept russia in the war with the artic convoys .

Since the Warspite and the Hood has literally the same guns it would be reasonable to assume same performance, no? Also the Hood has faster rotating turrets.

As for the spotting range, are you surprised when it's longer than the Tirpitz? It's a huge ship. Btw it still has lower visibility than the Tirpitz.

From looking at the stats for the Hood.

Pros:

• Fast (32 kts).
  • Good candidate for a secondary build with 5 km base range 8 super fast firing (3 sec reload) guns per broadside with 6% fire chance.
  • Really difficult to citadel. Ship sits low in the water keeping the citadel entirely submerged with turtleback armor for good measure.
  • Lots of health. Most of all the tier 7 BBs.
  • Defensive AA consumable... yup.

Cons: 

• Larger turning circle than the Yamato (910 m).
  • Slow turning guns (60 sec/180°).
  • Pretty weak BB guns for tier 7.

Points brought up and worth mentioning:

• The range is only 1.3 km shorter than the newly buffed Colorado. Pre-0.6.3 Colorado would have 0.9 km shorter range.
  • Armor-wise it's very comparable to the Nagato with the important difference that the Nagato doesn't have a completely submerged citadel while the Hood does.
  • Surface visibility is 0.54 km worse than the Gneisenau and 0.9 km better than the Nagato.
  • While the guns are slow to turn, it's still 12 sec/180° faster than the Warspite. (17% faster)

All in all it looks like an interesting ship.

Edited by Nechrom
  • Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,047 posts
29,692 battles

I didn't like HMS Hood cuz its design is not charming and looks like its performance isn't that good from what I've seen. I guess my Bismarck & Leningrad will enjoy wrecking that ugly ship! :playing:

Edited by ABED1984

Players
206 posts
4,706 battles

It has almost USN CA AP autobounce angles. (70 degrees guaranteed autobounce 55 no bounce, compared to 67.5/60 of USN CA,) How can you call it bad? With Def AA and this AP it looks like USN CA reincarnated in BB

-sheer DPM of course.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,790 battles

​Well i Thing all the whining cased WG to Close their eyes and ears when there is a real isue.......live nerfing CV sealclubing before they fix CVs for good (wich is the really Long overdue Thing they should do ASAP) or removing stealthfire when there is a too high BB Population.

There will be a lot to buy her for the Name only no matter how good or bad she is. And compared to the Blocky brige structures of the moderized or newer BBs she and Replulse were the best looking BBs in the Royal Navy.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles

​Well i Thing all the whining cased WG to Close their eyes and ears when there is a real isue.......live nerfing CV sealclubing before they fix CVs for good (wich is the really Long overdue Thing they should do ASAP) or removing stealthfire when there is a too high BB Population.

There will be a lot to buy her for the Name only no matter how good or bad she is.

Not when $$$ is involved.

WG changed Alabama citadel faster than Sub_Octavian could say "Micro patch".

Players
1,048 posts
20,181 battles

Can't it? Comparing the BBs/BCs on a tier lower, both Arizona and Mutsu outperform the more modern Dunkerque. :hmm:

I'll just wait and see. As said the Alabama was buffed for example, and on other matters I've complained before when it turned out not that bad at all.

Dunkerque is not really a BB but a Battle Cruiser, she was designed to hunt Cruisers, not to perform highly against Battleships, once you got that, you will find her rather good in her role.

or removing stealthfire when there is a too high BB Population.

From where i'm standing it's not the BB who suffers the most of stealth firing for the simple reason that they have the highest number of H.P, but also Repair Party consumable, which most common Cruisers doesn't have, which mean they got "melted" way faster by campers spamming HE on them.
Edited by ThinderChief

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Well, I won't argue that Hood is very famous. (I mean, if getting fun and engaged IRL doesn't make you famous what will? :trollface:). However, after viewing the first stats... Ugh... I mean... It looks BAD. Sure, there will be a lot of people who don't even know what they are buying in terms of armor, stats and what they mean or such trivial things like having a ship that's Yamato levels of long with battlecruiser armor, right?

But well, it's still a ship in progress. Things may change (they better do IMO) but even with that I don't expect much of Hood in particular, size and armor can't change and for this game both look bad. For me it looks pretty hard to convince anyone with a slight idea about what the stats of the game mean to buy the ship outside of "it's the Hood" if it doesn't change.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,760 posts
10,656 battles

From where i'm standing it's not the BB who suffers the most of stealth firing for the simple reason that they have the highest number of H.P, but also Repair Party consumable, which most common Cruisers doesn't have, which mean they got "melted" way faster by campers spamming HE on them.

Cruisers are also much harder to hit from invisifire ranges, so they didn't take nearly as much damage as BBs. I mean, ok, Akizuki could invisihurt them but certainly not with HE.

Of course, the above assumes the cruiser potatoing in a straight line, but one that does that should fear torpedoes much more than any HE spam from invisible HE spammers.

Players
373 posts
795 battles

oh and don't forget the supercharged shells the british always uses on their battleships

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I'm optimistic.

If there's one thing you can trust WG to do, it's releasing unreasonably strong premiums.

The Hood is also a very famous ship.

I guess in the worst case we'll just have Flamu release a negative review, right? Seemed to work for the Alabama. :P

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles

Maybe WG will buff Hood to her proposed upgrades?

Then the purists would whine but we'd have a strong in game fast BB :trollface:

[WGP2W]
Players
746 posts
12,988 battles

It has almost USN CA AP autobounce angles. (70 degrees guaranteed autobounce 55 no bounce, compared to 67.5/60 of USN CA,) How can you call it bad? With Def AA and this AP it looks like USN CA reincarnated in BB

-sheer DPM of course.

If that's true, that would be an enormous buff. Since angling (rather than actual armor thickness) is the main way of negating AP - and since AP is the mainstay of BB gameplay - this effectively makes Hoods guns much more useful than other battleships in most actual combat situations.

It would also make Hood the only BB in the game that is easily able to defeat German turtleback armor.

Sign in to follow this