Funny_Farmer

Using IFHE skill on Kaiser (305mm tier 4)

6 comments in this topic

Players
79 posts
1,644 battles

Hi, may I ask your opinion about an idea I just had? The German BBs receive a bonus on HE penetration, 1/4 caliber instead of 1/6. The result is 76mm for the Kaiser, which is quite exactly the citadel armor of many tier 4-5 cruisers. Thats means it will not pen when the ships are even slightly angled. However, with IFHE the pen ist 99mm which should be enough to rip any cruiser apart and avoid the often stated unreliability of AP on this ship.

This is pure theory, has anyone tried it out yet?

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

I haven't tried this, but I have no idea what you're talking about with that allegedly "often stated unreliability of AP on this ship".

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,590 battles

Hi, may I ask your opinion about an idea I just had? The German BBs receive a bonus on HE penetration, 1/4 caliber instead of 1/6. The result is 76mm for the Kaiser, which is quite exactly the citadel armor of many tier 4-5 cruisers. Thats means it will not pen when the ships are even slightly angled. However, with IFHE the pen ist 99mm which should be enough to rip any cruiser apart and avoid the often stated unreliability of AP on this ship.

This is pure theory, has anyone tried it out yet?

The only BB I play with HE is Ishizuchi becuse of the fire chance, maybe against DDs but then you do not need the IFHE, Otherwise I use AP Always if not extremely angled. It may be worth experiment to use HE but it may lead to bad habits at higher tiers.