MrConway

Submarine Division Bug - Fix Incoming 07:00 CEST

33 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,139 posts
2,239 battles

Captains,

Unfortunately the patch introduced a bug where players trying to join a division while having the submarine selected in port get their account stuck.

Should you be affected, please try logging out of the game for ~10 minutes, this should reset the account.

The bug has already been fixed. The fix will be released with 06302 micropatch planned for release at 05:00 UTC (07:00 CEST) March 31, 2017

There will be a down time of approximately 1 hour.

This patch will also fix the voice chat issue.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,809 posts
9,214 battles

So it wasn't April fool joke but regular bug?

:trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
928 battles

So, you have a bug that completely destroys the usage of the game for ~10 minutes (by the way, even if you are in a division already and you accidentally clicked on the submarine you still trigger the bug) but you decide to launch the bug fix the day after? 

EDIT:  Where is the filter for disabling this "Gift" ?

Edited by Spiral25

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
5,909 battles

Looks like it wasn't April Fools after all :ohmy:

[FR-LO]
Beta Tester
2 posts
3,755 battles

I demand that WARGAMING fixes this ASAP!!! WTF they will fix it tomorrow?

Edited by Myrmirdania

Players
46 posts
6,501 battles

Hotfix & downtime alerts should be allways on main portal and/or client launcher and in all languages.

One small topic in forums, not to mention exclusively in EN forums... That's just lazy.

Edited by Tobi_1989
  • Cool 2

[BUBS]
Players
20 posts
8,900 battles

Since the 'fix' this morning on most, but not all, of my ships the targeting information, H button and ship compass are not giving any information. The Reticule only shows in zoom and does not change to green or show the turrets tracking so you don't actually know when all your guns are aligned. Switching to another ship is also difficult

Players
4 posts
3,544 battles

What can i do with the sub????

(one does not simply enter battle in a submarine) ????????

REALY, .... it's just so obvious again......NOT!!!!

[-T-O-]
2,138 posts
5,909 battles

So, I need a a division for this one to be able to play it?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,139 posts
2,239 battles

Captains, 

we have just released micro patch 0.6.3.0.3 that should fix control issues introduced with update 0.6.3. Unfortunately this reintroduces the earlier submarine and voice chat bugs, please avoid selecting the bug while in a division.

Should you continue encountering any other bugs after this update, please report them in the relevant forum thread.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Edited by MrConway

[WHO]
Beta Tester
9 posts
7,969 battles

And servers are down ( patched up , logged in - got kicked before I could play a game or even select a ship - and now it just says server unavailable.....)

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
4,382 battles

I found that restarting your PC seem to get you back into a game/division. Frankly, why bother with this submarine prank. It clearly backfired.

Players
4 posts
3,544 battles

Come on WG, if this is youre idea of a aprilfoolsday, ......... it's BAD!!!!!

At least give us somting to play with, like last years Pokeboat, THAT was GOOD!!!

[SPVO]
Players
35 posts
9,855 battles

So basically the issue has not been repaired for the game you just re-installed an old update

and that too has bug issues!

[-T-O-]
2,138 posts
5,909 battles

This is a really bad April Fools joke.

Players
46 posts
6,501 battles

Captains, 

we have just released micro patch 0.6.3.0.3 that should fix control issues introduced with update 0.6.3. Unfortunately this reintroduces the earlier submarine and voice chat bugs, please avoid selecting the bug while in a division.

Should you continue encountering any other bugs after this update, please report them in the relevant forum thread.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

Great! This morning's hotfix totally F-ed up all the controls and UI for me - ship carousel not responding, entering game without aim circles and loosing control of my gun turrets at random, being unable to leave post-battle screen. Now it's finally fixed. Thank you.

And all this fuss because some intellectualy challenged fella had the bright idea to give everyone useless subtardine and few people tried to exploit their way with it into live match by divisioning.

Welp, at least it's all fixed now for us who don't give a damn about some april fools joke :)

Players
1 post
994 battles

Cool logged into the game for the first time for a while and got bugged and cant play with my friend. Done for both of us.

Players
3 posts
7,213 battles

as on 01/04/2017 i can confirm this this bug is still affecting and its not april fools joke at all...unless WG makes us a fool.

[BAD-A]
Players
15 posts
12,680 battles

Agreed, if you select the submarine you cannot select another ship in the port, and as you cannot go in to battle with it you are pretty stuck.  Exiting and restarting the client will not solve it as the sub gets selected as last ship next time it starts.

Go to you preferences.xml file when not in the game and change the <ship></ship> reference number to one of the last ships and it should select you a ship that works.  Or completely rename preferences.xml and restart (although you lose all your default settings).

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester
665 posts
8,053 battles

I can confirm that the submarine bug is still there.

Maybe this is Wargaming's way of making us never ask for submarines again?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this